April 2010 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yay, it's April! We have eight Rudolph Days left! So -- "gather ye rosebuds while ye may"! I THINK that is the quote, from one of Shakespear's plays, encouraging us to act when we have the opportunity! Which I take to mean.... celebrate your Rudolph Day when you get the opportunity (or the mood strikes). Because -- we all know how Real Life upsets our plans! And Rudy Day is one of our nicest plans.

This month.... I will celebrate when we get a really rainy day (if I can). Otherwise.... my heart and mind are outside... in the beautiful spring weather!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rudy day this month actually falls on a very important Australian day commemorating the ANZACS, therefore we get a public holiday weekend. I'm not sure what I will do just yet but I will find some time to Celebrate Rudy day.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
This is tax season, so I just hope I have enough time to have a hot cup of cocoa and remember Rudolph Day this month. Guess I'll have to take an extra Rudolph Day in May. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
FrostyShimmer -- if you are working on taxes in April --- then I think you deserve the whole month of May to celebrate Rudolph Day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I just checked the calendar --- and our April Rudy Day falls on a Sunday. Hhhmmmmm..... that looks like a Rudy Day Weekend to me!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
FrostyShimmer -- if you are working on taxes in April --- then I think you deserve the whole month of May to celebrate Rudolph Day!

You're right, an entire Rudolph Month to catch up might be in order. :)

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
This will be my first proper Ruddy day this year. I have no idea what to do, but it will be back to basics accompanied by some 'me time'.

This will be my first Rudy Day of the year, too .... and I'm looking forward to it. It was a lovely holiday in 2009 ... but I know that 2010 will be our most wonderful yet!

I know that one thing I want to spend some time on this year is Advent calendar ideas. I've been doing a separate calendar for each kid and that got a little cumbersome last year. So, this year I'd like to do one family calendar. Still not sure what direction to take with it ...

Looking forward to sharing April 25th with all of you!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
IF...... if.... if I took a whole month for Rudy Day...... I think it would be July! July is usually really tough for me! really hot and humid. It sounds so delicious to take leave from real life obligations..... and spend an entire month just preparing/thinking/celebrating Christmas.

It wouldn't even have to be ALL DAY of every day. As long as every single day was devoted to Christmas..... there could be SOME time devoted each day to actual real life demands. That would be fine. Just.... the main focus every day would be Christmas. in July.

For April 2010.... I think that a Rudy Day Weekend will probably be enough. BECAUSE... I am trying to declutter EVERY DAY during 2010.... as part of my Christmas preparation.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi. As you know, dh and I are going on a 4-day (driving) businessy) trip. I wonder if I should take my Christmas Notebook and have a Rudy Day during the trip!!! Perhaps I should take a couple of Christmas books too! Oh..... and we WILL be passing by a wonderful Used Books Store! HHHMMMM. Maybe there will be SOME good things about this trip!

(I have just been getting a lot accomplished here at home -- and I feel cranky and bratty about having to leave in the middle of everything!!!) Some Rudy Day celebrating could make things A LOT better!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will have to try to sneak in a Rudy Day sometime this month if I can. Between our daughters softball practice/games, getting the veggie garden ready and planted and spring clean on top of our everyday work/chore schedule it's going to be a busy month.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I did NOT take my Christmas Notebook on our driving trip. I DID go to a GREAT used book store -- where paperback books are $1. I got LOTS of Christmassy books for $1 each. Since we have a Rudy Day Weekend coming up this month....... that will be good. (Rudy Day falls on a Sunday this month..... which is a NATURAL for a weekend-long celebration!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Minta..... I am with U ... with baseball games, track work, and getting garden in.. I am peeling the days with time......lol lol but I have to get in gear... I have to do this for myself... let alone for others....lol

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
April already?! I have almost nothing done yet of my Christmas prep this year - I need to start concentrating on my crafting.

I think I will use Rudy weekend this month to examine my lists properly and make a realistic plan for crafting, and also get started on that plan! LOL!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will no doubt clean out my gift closet and just check things off my master list. I like to do this just so I can keep on track. My mum and I have started buying baking supplies such as flour and sugar, so we will make sure that is stored properly so it is good when we want to use it.
We will also decide what table setting we may want to use this Christmas and make sure that we have enough of everything for on the table. We will have 4 more than usual this year so table settings may be different.

I have to check at some stage my paper, tag, ribbon, gift bag supply, but this may be left for another time.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Because Rudy Day is on the same Sunday as my DD10's school church service,I'm not sure what I'll get done. But even if I just burn a Christmassy candle in the background it will mean that my house will be full of Christmas scents! I'm hoping that I'll also get the chance to watch a Christmas special on TV.