April 2010 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is so great that we have so many different ways of celebrating Rudolph Day! In fact..... each one of MAY celebrate each Rudy Day in a different way from the month before!!!! Even those Rudy Days where I have done NOTHING -- except read posts here at MHH -- even those Rudy Days were TERRIFIC! Because I was part of this Christmas-Loving-Community! Yay for us!!!

In a way, I am celebrating Rudy Day each time I throw out some clutter! Because my 2010 Christmas Gift to Myself.... is a Less-Clutter-Filled Home! And I AM working on that gift! NOT EVERY DAY --- but quite often! Some days.... it is many 15-minute chunks a day! Even 5-minute.. or 1-minute chunks are good!!!

My secondary Christmas 2010 Gift.... to myself and to my family... is being much more money-minded! Decluttering the bills..... and the "mental clutter about money"...... that is also a very very wonderful Christmas 2010 gift!!!!!

Of course, the Christmassy paperback books that I got at the Used Book Shop for $1 each.... they don't hurt at all! AND.... i will "pay it forward" by donating them to my favorite Thrift Shop when I have read them! Oh.... my favorites... I MIGHT save to give to some of my favorite relatives and friends! But I will definitely give them all away before Christmas 2010!!! Sharing the wealth of hristmas Joy!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My christmas gift to me and my family this year is to actually enjoy the day. I had not such a nice day last year as it did not live up to my expectations. Christmas with 4 adults in the house was not like Christmas with a mum, dad and 2 kids. I am going to work on my "mental attitude" throughout the year so that when the big day rolls around everyone will have a great day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I forgot to add. My brother and his family will be visiting us this year which I am looking forward to. SIL can be quite difficult to be around, so we are all aware that there could be some moments that may be tricky. We will have to work on solutions on how to deal with her.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Our "official" April 2010 Rudolph Day... will be on this coming Sunday! Hurray!

Personally, we have a big weekend this weekend. The wedding of a dear friend's daughter...... with a 5:00 wedding on Saturday...... and a brunch on Sunday. Plus, a baseball game on Sunday afternoon. And that does not include all the "real life stuff" that happens to all of us!

So.... I am thinking about celebrating our April Rudolph Day.... every day this week! For a little bit of every day. Sort of a "Baby Steps Celebration". What do you think? I'll let you know how it goes.

Hurray For Rudolph Day!!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Going to the grocery store now..... AND I am adding "Whipped Cream" to the list! You KNOW why I need that --- it is for the hot chocolate part of Rudy Day!!! AND -- it was in the 30's last night! So.... as I am going through paperwork..... I am going to have a fire in the fireplace! Hot chocolate, WITH whipped cream, AND a fire! Doesn't that sound like Rudy Day to you???

AND.... the good part is....... it is all part of regular chores (grocery shopping) AND..... part of my long-range Christmas 2010 gift to myself: DECLUTTERING FOR CHRISTMAS! THAT is the best gift that I can give myself this year..... and I can work on it (in baby steps) all year long! Let's keep that Christmas Spirit alive!!!!!! Yay for us!!!!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
SparkleNana, that is the best gift you could ever give yourself. Seriously! I see it leave heavy weight on so many around me. I've always decluttered, but this time around I'm letting loose even more!

When I was doing yard work yesterday, I remembered 3 tubs of baby items I have in the shed. I didn't want to get rid of them originally becuase I might have another one some day. Now my DD is 15 and no more babies for me! So when my DH pulls out the motorcycles this year adn does the normal (I'm gonna move everything around in the shed), he'll be happy to know I'll probably part with those totes! I'm sure it's going to be fun to go down memory lane though.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Going to the grocery store now..... AND I am adding "Whipped Cream" to the list! You KNOW why I need that --- it is for the hot chocolate part of Rudy Day!!! AND -- it was in the 30's last night! So.... as I am going through paperwork..... I am going to have a fire in the fireplace! Hot chocolate, WITH whipped cream, AND a fire! Doesn't that sound like Rudy Day to you??QUOTE]

All you need is some Christmas Music playing in the back ground. ;)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Yesterday morning we had a mini Rudy Day event. The kids and I sat down and watched the cartoon "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and a Wiggles Christmas. During the wiggles my son turns to me and asked if we had any candy canes because he wanted one. That boy loves candy canes! Hummm I wonder where he gets that from ;)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Minta -- how precious to have a mini-Rudy with your children!!!!!!

Yesterday - Tuesday - I had a mini-Rudy too! I went to the library and read some Christmas books! Well - I leafed through several! One very interesting one - was a book on American Latino celebrations! Really fun, rich traditions!

One was a book from a very popular figure on QVC -- the woman who owns "The Quacker Factory". (She sells all the Christmassy sweatshirts and clothes. She usually wears a headband.) The book was fun and cheerful -- the way she is. Nothing too original -- but upbeat!

The one I DID read (very small book) -- was a humorous look at all the things that can drive us crazy at Christmas......... UNLESS we come here and prepare in advance! (I don't want to make you mad with the title, which is in very bad taste and pretty shocking. But the book was a humorous argument for organizing early!!!) OK - the title is "Christmas _____". Some smart marketing person came up with the offensive title to get attention for the book!!! And the actual message of the book was great -- prepare early!

I spent an hour and a half in the library -- and it was time well spent! Very satisfying!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It's Wednesday! I am trying to choose a "mini" Rudy Day activity for today! IT MAY rain today..... so it COULD be another opportunity for a fire and more hot chocolate! I am absolutely treasuring every cool day that we have now....... at ANY moment, we can rocket back to 85 degree temperatures -- and then begin climbing! (With heavy, wet humidity!!!) So.... a chilly day is BLISS now!!!

I'll let you know what happens.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Here is what I did for today's "mini" Rudy Day! I DID have the fire and the hot chocolate. I DID continue with the "Decluttering For Christmas 2010". AND.... I did some "resting" and some "thinking" for Christmas 2010!!!! More and more, I see that getting things in order now...... is helping me set up a peaceful, joyful time for Christmas 2010!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i had hot chocolate today .it was cool and rainy. i watched home alone. its such a cute movie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I found a new Christmas movie on netflix. I think I'll watch it tomorrow when it's cold and rainy. Maybe I will have some hot chocolate too?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We will delay our Rudy day until next week. We have too many things to do this weekend and we don't want to miss out so will fit it in when we can.

Getting cool enough here that we can sit down and drink hot chocolate by the fire. MMMMMM sounds good.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have ordered Christmas in Connecticut from the library. I am hoping it gets here for the weekend.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday, April 23rd!! Rudy Day is Sunday! Rudy Day Weekend is here! (Personally.... I had three mini-Rudy Day's during the week.) Celebrate however and whenever you can -- I think that it is good for the soul!!!

This morning -- there is a wonderful Earth Day Celebration at dgs's school. After that -- some serious thought has to be given to clothes and makeup for tomorrow's wedding! And. there is a party tonight. Let's see what else happens!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I'm having my Rudy Day today, and I'm watching a tape of A Christmas Story while I organize my yarn stash. I'm putting it in stacked crates from Joann's, like in a yarn store. It takes up much less space than the huge bins I have it in now, and it looks great. I just may be able to get this disgusting sewing room organized before Christmas! The TV in my sewing room is an old one with a built-in VHS player. I can watch all my old VHS Christmas movies on it all day, and nobody cares. Gotta go. An early Happy Rudy Day to all!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rudy day here will be in our minds as we celebrate ANZAC day. No doubt my mum and I will talk about plans as we have our dinner together on Sunday night. I also got a book from the charity shop that has 3 Christmas stories in it. I will read 1 a month for the next 3 months. Cool here at the moment so some hot chocolate may be on the cards. A little bit more de cluttering this weekend and as we have a 3 day weekend here I'm sure I will get something done.

Hope you all have a happy Rudy day.