April 2010 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I found a new Christmas movie on netflix.

I did, too!

I think I'm going to make a "Rudy Weekend" out of today and tomorrow. This afternoon I plan on watching the movie (Nothing Like the Holidays with Alfred Molina - anyone seen it here?) and putting together my Christmas Notebook. I've always kept it in the back of my Household Notebook, but it has finally grown big enough for its own space - I'm moving it to a 1.5" binder.

I need to go through my Ravelry (a knitting website) and update my queue to REALISTIC holiday knitting plans. It is so easy for me to dream bigger than my needles can work and I don't like that last minute feeling of rushing, so I want to pick projects that are really work-able with the time I have free for working on them - AND that I can finish before December 1st so I can just enjoy the holiday and not be cramming in knitting (unless it is non-Christmas knitting)

Happy Rudy Weekend!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
My "master plan" for Rudolph Day....says that this month I need to update my stocking stuffer list and buy some more stuffers....I really do need to do this...I have some stuff tucked away but I'm not sure I did a good job of recording it...so need to get out the notebook and jot it down....my goal this year was to get the stocking stuffers out of the way early...so I need to make some progress!!!

I would also like to get a blog entry up over at Rudolph Day Ramblings....so we will see!!!

HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY.....glad it's on a Sunday!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Ruddy day! Not sure I'll be doing anything Rudy but I'll be thinking about it!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Happy Rudy day! Thinking Christmas thoughts today? :)

So, Nothing Like the Holidays was good, but a little ... intense ... I'm definitly in the mood for more of a holiday romance type of movie, so I may watch Love Actually today or possibly Elf (hey, Elf is romantic, right? LOL)

Yesterday I got my knitting project list down to a few items and I started one project and ordered the yarn for the rest.

I moved my Christmas planner pages into its own notebook and sorted through some pages that I don't need to keep. Will work on that more today.

Need to:
- go through the present tote and do an inventory of what I've got so far
- really do some serious thinking/planning about Advent this year. I've been doing 3 separate calendars (one for each kid) and that is just getting way to complicated. I'm thinking one simple calendar with fun ideas/treats for each day that the whole family can enjoy would be better
- organize and update list of holiday movies we own and separate them from the rest of our movie stash

- pretend this rain is snow, sip some cocoa, and enjoy a little spirit :)

What about you? What are you planning for today?

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Happy Rudy Day!
I've been enjoying my day going over my To Do List for November and December and trying to reorganize. I'm trying to see what I might be able to do in the months of September and October. I am also trying to set up my December calendar for my favorite Christmas movies. It is chilly and raining where I live today and it's a perfect day for Christmas planning!! I hope everyone is enjoying their Rudy Day too!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A really good Rudy day here which will continue into the new week.
My mum and I popped in quickly to a big department store near us and they had all their summer stuff on clearance. I ended up picking out 7 t-shirts that were down to $2.00 each, we got t-shirts for my DH, pjamas, dresses, capri pants for other people on our list for $2.00 a piece. My mum will put them in her gift closet, and I can cross those items off my list for things I have to replace this year.
we came home and had a lovely dinner and talked to the kids about items they may want to put on their Christmas list. I also got to do a few quick craft items that I have been wanting to do for a while.
All in all it was a really good day.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
HAPPY APRIL RUDOLPH DAY!!!

I managed to look over my stocking stuffer list and plan to go through my notebook again this evening while I watch some TV. I also wante to go through the calendar on my fridge and put a Christmas sticker on Rudolph Day for the rest of the year because I need as many reminders as I can get....Want to write in the other special days too....although I don't do as much for them!!! Mostly Rudolph Day and Great Pumpkin Day...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day everyone!!

My movie didn't get here in time from the library, so I will celebrate when it comes in. It is nice to have something to look forward to.