August 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Good job, Christmaslvr!!!

Annie

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Christmaslvr.... How wonderful to hear from you again!!! You have really jumped back in.... your decluttering is great now!

Whatt are your plans? Are you going to stay in California.... move to Florida.... or do something entierly new???

Thanks so much!! It's great to be back and to be decluttering again!! Our plans are still to move to Florida, but it will be early next year now. Getting more stuff out the door and more organized will make it that much easier for when we are ready to go!

Still have to get caught up on what everyone has been doing here, but first I have bin of stuff waiting for me to go through!

Thanks again for the warm welcome back!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
You guys are doing great!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
August 26th! We are celebrating our August Rudy Day/Weekend! Lots is going on this weekend.... so.... decluttering will not be my "first" priority! However..... it really is SO satisfying.... to see progress! AND.... working on paperwork (filing, shredding).... while watching TV.... that is not so bad!!!

I used to hate shredding. My old shredder kept getting stuck. And it really wouldn't chew up more than one piece of paper at a time. then... I happened upon a bright pink shredder.... marked down to $13 at WalMart. I think that the color scared people away! But... the color gives me a charge of energy. And... I actually like it! PLUS.... it works great!

Well... the trash & recycling people have finished our street. So... I will bring the cans back into their secure place. (The Hurricane is coming this weekend.) And... I will carry in the "emergency water supplies" that I bought yesterday.

And then.... turn on the TV, bring in the paperwork, and.... begin.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
SN~ I LOVE shredding...you just reminded me to put it on my to-do list for today!

Hopng to go through a couple of boxes/bins today and put a few back that I've already gone through. Trying to coordinate decluttering with Rudy Day is stressful! lol Plus I want to do some cleaning and need to do laundry...will stretch all this throughout the weekend!

Tomorrow there is an electronics drop off at the grocery store down the street...they're collecting any old electronic stuff for a charity group, so I'll be bringing a 13" tv down...finally getting that out of the garage too! yippy!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday, August 27th. The weather feels strange today..... the "barometric pressure" is dropping because of the Hurricane Irene! The air feels "strange". Perhaps we shouldn't be "too hard" on ourselves this weekend. This hurricane IS a big deal. The news said that "the hurricane is the size of EUROPE!" That is big!!!

It is sort of a delicate balance.... to keep "moving ahead".... while being realistic about things. Sometimes... it just IS.... two steps forward.. and one or two (or three?) steps back.

I'm heading in to the TV and the shredder. Progress will be really slow today. I mean.... "my progress" will be really slow. Irene's progress is going brilliantly!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Good Morning especially to you US east coasters - it is early morning here on the west coast. Headed downstairs to turn on the tv and see how you guys are doing with Irene. Hope you are all safe.

Meanwhile I've been reading all these posts and want to jump in. Is there an end date in mind for this club? Are you going to keep this going alongside thee holiday plans?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Went through some mail and catalogs.

I stood up in the kitchen and flipped through the catalogs and then took them promptly to the recycling bin downstairs.

Also had some church bulletins from the past couple of weeks, read through them and in the trash they went.

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Monday, August 29th. And my speed is....... Baby Steps. With some Routines, of course. Just keepin on keepin on!!!

Cindylouwho.... I, for one, will be plugging along right through September... and on to the end of 2011! (Unless Real Life has different plans... of course!)

I love this club. It is very comforting and soothing to me. Here.... we appreciate every little thing.... that we... or others.... do!!!

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I dug out my Fall decoration bins yesterday during the hurricane. No damage here (MA), but we lost power 7 times for short durations. I put a few things in the give away bag from the Fall bins and I went through the Halloween bins and put a few more things into the give away bag from there. I kept a few things from each that I was willing to get rid of, but then remembered I'm getting a 3 season porch soon and I will need things to decorate in there so I put them in the porch bag instead. I also put a few items into the give away box that were every day decorations. I have a bunch of stuff I'm going to try to Freecycle at the end of next week. I can't wait to get it all out of here, but I'm waiting to give my Mom and Aunt time to add to my boxes stuff they want to clear out too. Hope everyone made it out of the hurricane ok.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
craftLady glad you were ok. You made good use of the storm time

I went through 2 small baskets and a trunk of shoes. None were worthy of donating so I tossed quite a few pairs. Some of mine were in a basket by the air duct and they got moldy, I am guessing from the condensation so out they went. And 2 of them I liked :'-(

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Auust 31, 2011! AND.... the first week of the 2011 Christmas Plans. Well.... I have been working outside.... cutting and clearing invasive vines and "volunteer" trees growing everywhere! May I count that work as "decluttering"? It is cetainly delightful... to be outside... in temperaturs that are NOT 100 degrees or higher!

And tomorrow.. on to our September Thread!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Hey all! Haven't been online in several days so I want to give an update since the weekend:

Saturday brought a 13" TV and some other electronics items to a drop off in town. Sorted through a bin of shoes and a few pocketbooks...gave 2 pocketbooks to my neighbor and let some shoes go.

Went through 2 boxes yesterday, one from the linen closet of my old house. TONS of shower gels and lotions! Divided them up...I am keeping some, some are going to my DD and the rest (gifts given to her) is going to Goodwill. Also going to Goodwill are some scarves and gloves (not much use for those here in So. Cal! Although natives here think 60 degree temps are cold, so someone should make use of them! lol)

I also have a nice pair of ski pants with a bib that I used to wear to shovel snow. Just washed them, but not sure if I am going to donate them or see if my DD wants them. I thought Craigslist too, why not make a dollar or 2?

So since reorganizing my garage, I have been able to reduce the number of cardboard boxes by I'd say 12!! Woohoo!! Even yesterday got 2 boxes down to 1!!

Yippy!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
P.S.

I also uncovered 2 insulated lunch bags that I bought through Lean Cuisine several years ago for $5.00. The proceeds were going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, so I had the idea to make gifts with them for my friends who bring their lunch to work. I think I ended up using only 1 so I have 2 left (I have one for me too!).

I asked DBF's DD if she would like them, as I know she takes her lunch to work, and she said she would love them! So, I am getting them ready today to mail them out to her! Yay, 2 more things out the door!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Good job Christmaslvr!

SN... hmmm... I started the september thread because I was mixed up in the dates ...I thought Tuesday was september 1st! ;)