CELEBRATE ME 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay I am thinking it would be great to start a thread and sticky it....lol...when I get the sticky back on in this forum...I'm locked out of being able to sticky here!!! LOL

Anyway this thread will be for us to list ideas for celebrating ourselves in 2008. Try to keep it brief...and list the ideas... we can discuss them else where if we want by starting a thread for the idea...that way this is just an ongoing list.......if we find the ideas in other forums and they would work here...just add them to the list. Like I did the Bubble Bath one.

Celebrate Me:

• January 8th Bubble Bath Day: Take time for yourself and relax in the bath.
    Make an art journal of ME...see musesmecca boards for more exploring self art ideas

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Some ideas-

Buy ourselves some Christmas things that we can wrap for Christmas 2008 marked To:Me From: Me

Treat ourselves to a decadent beverage (the mocha frappicino we always so no to)

Buy ourselves a box of fabulous chocolates for Valentines Day.

Signing up and taking that class we always have meant to do.

Buy ourselves a great lipstick or perfume.

Going to bed early for a change.

Sitting and ready a book simply for pleasure- with no interruptions.

Getting away for a retreat- just simply for the rest and relaxation.

Getting and receiving ideas and support to say NO! to others.

These are some of the things I long for but never allow myself.

Annie

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Getting a massage!!

:happynewyear: Melanie

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I hear you Cathymac!!

facial/pedicure

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
This month I am going to make my CELEBRATE ME "resolution" simple. I will get up and make up my face and hair first thing every morning!

I know it probably doesn't seem like a big thing to all of you but it is to me!!!

:heartsNY:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
There are 3 females here.

We plan on getting flowers & a box of chocalate once a month. When we have real flowers we'll enjoy them until they fade out. When they're artifical we'll keep them till the next month then pass them on to someone else to enjoy.

:heartsNY:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
When I was a teenager I used to take an evening or an afternoon and make it "beach day." I"d use self tanner and coconut lotions, highlight my hair, and drink pineapple juice. I'd wear a bikini and lie on a towel and watch a movie while I did my own manicure and pedicure while I waited for the tanner to dry. Why do these things fall by the wayside once we get older? Funny - I think I put more time and effort into my appearance back then in case my boyfriend might stop by, than I do now, knowing my husband will be here. Hmm....sounds like a new resolution. I will make an honest effort to take better care of myself and do the little beauty rituals that I wouldn't have dreamed of going without ten years ago.

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
2008 will be a year of growth for me
Starting off with lots of docs appts, also appts for DH & DS15
Will be working on both my physical & mental health. Getting myself ready for retirement June 08

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
When I first thought of 'ME' treats, I thought of chocolates, sleeping in, etc. But I guess what would really say 'I love me' to me would be if I put my health first for a change. I tire myself out making sure that everyone has a good breakfast, a nutritious lunch and dinner, gets to their practices/games/social activities on time, the house is cleaned and they all have clean underwear, and on and on. If I really loved me, I'd make sure to:
*Get enough rest
*Take my vitamins
*Eat food that is good for me, not just what tastes good to me
*Exercise (good for me on so many levels)
*Turn off the guilt when I don't get everything done!
In other words, I personally have to rethink what Celebrate Me means to me!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
HolidayJoy, I couldn't have said it better. I was thinking along the same lines. I don't need (or honestly want) things, but I need to do things to CELEBRATE ME...

*cut out the junk food - or at least cut back - 2 or 3 cookies are plenty, 8 or 10 are too many...lol
*exercise regularly - set up a plan with friend and put it on my calendar
*take vitamins regularly - "I always forget" even when they are right on the kitchen counter!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I agree..

I am thinking that I will add a new habit each month that contribute to my health and well-being.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
This thread got me thinking and I am also guilty of not taking care of myself so I am going to do a spinoff of Rudy,Turkey and GPD Days and do a Celebrate Me day each month on my bday- so on the 24th of each month I am going to do something special for me then 25th celebrate Rudy Day!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Holiday Joy-

My sentiments exactly!!!!! That's exactly what I mean by Extreme Self Care.

Annie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
TWINKLE.....I love that idea....a Celebrate Me Day.....awesome....my birthday is on the 15th....so I will do what you are suggesting on the 15th of each month. Thank you so much for a great idea...and a way I can truly REMEMBER to celebrate me every month!!!