CELEBRATE ME 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I also love the idea of taking care of me on my birthdate every month. Which is the 6th.

syllymom

Retire Member
Dec 26, 2007
Missouri
:happybd: I have celebrated a half birthday for several years. My birthday is July 8, so on January 8 ( six months early ) I have a day for myself. Now I will start doing something for me on the 8th of every month!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hey, syllymom, I'm a July 8th baby, too! I'll be celebrating right along with you! :party:

sweetpea62610

MHH Member
Nov 20, 2007
middle of corn field in Indiana
i LOVE this idea!!! :jumpinghearts: ...my birthday is the 8th of feb ( my 45th!!!!)...so hard to believe, but i can't wait to see what is coming :bunny: ...i hyad already told everyone that this is the year i must make myself a high priority...and this sounds like it will help...i can't wait until the 8th!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My birthday is on the 6th. Maybe I should do something for myself each month. I like this idea.

Off Topic a little hope that's ok. We taught my granddaughter her season by when each of our birthdays fall. We're in Winter her season right now. Next it will be Spring mama's season, then it will be Summer nanny's(mine) season, then it will be Fall papa's season.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love the birthday every month idea. Mine is the 24th so i'll have to figure out ME stuff to do on that day each month! My goal this year is to learn to relax anyway so hopefully this will help.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hey on the first of each month lets start a Me Day thread....you know like ....January Me Day....and then when our days pop up we can post what we do....

Whoever wants to start it and gets there first can do it....lol!!!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
it'sanewme-consider that very lucky and do something extra special!
girlsinmo-love that idea for teaching seasons!
Gingerbug-Love that idea and love how the me thing has taken off! I may have to jump on the bandwagon, although-I love Rudy and great pumpkin days so much they are like me days too! I don't want to get greedy! :lovestruck:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sounds great Ginger!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Great idea, Gingerbug! I'm in!
Itsanewme, celebrate anyway! The fact that it's your day takes all the 'bad luck' right out of it! :-D

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Great idea, again, Gingerbug! I'd love to hear how others are celebrating! My day will be the 20th of each month. :jumpinghearts:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Man, I can not keep up with all the postings!!!!
This is a GREAT ideal. Mine is the 22nd. Even with my kids getting older I still don't take time for myself. I even tell others when they are so stressed that you have to have time for yourself.
Lana

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My celebrate me day may change from month to month but I'll be trying for the 18th. I'm thinking this month I'll do something different with my hair. I have had the same style for years I think it's time for a change.

odd_duck71

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
the funny farm
Mine is the 22nd too, Lana. Hmmm...I wonder how many birthday-ish stickers I have? My calendar is getting quite pretty with all the stickers I've added! :pink:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
"heartstrings:

Wonderful ideas here! The idea of our "special" day each month is terrific!!! It is so hard for women to nurture themselves....

One addition of a possible idea: many magazines have articles like "Best Beauty Buys Under $10". You don't have to buy the magazine. Look at the article in the check out line and write down one or two things to try.

Last year I tried a liquid soap in a little pump for hand washing. It was fabulous - and only cost 50 cents more than the bargain ones I had been picking up. Now, I get a little treat each time I wash my hands at the kitchen sink.

Another idea - we could SECRETELY mark our family members birthdate on our calendar each month and do a little something for them on that day each month. Don't tell them what we are doing. Just do something extra nice for them on that day. Doesn't even have to involve money being spent. And then we don't have to feel guilty for really spoiling ourselves on our day each month.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Count me in. Momof4, I'll join you in that exercise program! I'll be celebrating "me" on the 23rd. :pink:

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
My day is the 10th. Missed out on January :sad: , so I'll have to make up x 2 in February :rotflol: Can't wait!! Have just been through my diary and marked out all the days for the year. Thanks for this great idea!

Gail