February Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH did it without my saying so this morning (I have been talking about it for some time though)... he has a load of 'old clothes' which he keeps to work around the house... except it's now a big pile and he,ll never wear them all and some are way too small anyways. He took a big pile out the door this morning :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do believe people are getting addicted to decluttering. Isn't it wonderful.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
2/20. Earlier in the day.... I was looking for an "enchanting" television program to watch.... while I worked on declutering! AND.... I FOUND ONE!!!! It was on one of the "Lifetime" channels. Called "Two Weeks"... it starred Sally Fields, as a woman dying of cancer. And the program was about her four children returning to the home where they had grown up... to help their mother die. It was WONDERFUL! And.... I got a lot done while I watched it! PLUS... I enjoyed it so much!

Now.... I am taking a break. I ate noodles. I cheked emails. I telephoned an old friend. Even if I did not get ANYTHING else done today.... that would be OK!!!!! But... I will tgry for more. I will start with 15 minutes more decluttering in the kitchen. I think that I have EIGHT 15-minute sessions left to do in February!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I always have trouble w/ the bottom of my pantry it's a opens apsce and I have basket down there to hold chips but stuff gets tossed in and lost. Snoopy runs off w/ the food, she sheds and there's hair, dirt on the bottom.....So I found a wire basketunit that works in there, put snacks in one, chips in one and plastic refillable drink bottlens in one and room on the side and back for bigger items we don't use much. I think it will work well.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Piratemamaofboys.... you have just done an amazlingly important and amazingly helpful thing! When we find SOMETHING.... that helps us solve an ongoing problem..... THAT gives us constant rewards! Good work!

NOW... I am continuing to empty boxes of stored paper. For some reason.... I also put books THAT I WAS READING... into these boxes!!! There is a layer of mail and papers... then there is a book... that is actually open to the pages I was reading.... then there is another layer of mail and papers.

To that I say.... "Whatever!"

I am CERTAINLY NOT going to worry about THAT!!! If the books look interesting.... I put them aside.... to continue reading them!!!!!! And.... go on... sorting the mail and papers.

Hi Gingerbug, Ahorsesoul, luludou and MrsSoup. Hi to everybody whoever is reading and not posting.

Dd just called and asked us to make another emergency run to the store for her! Her dh has taken the older two boys out to buy supplies for their science projects. Her dh is feeling the beginnings of this terrible flu-thing. Dd still has a very hoarse voice... and effects of the flu. And dgs#3... age 2... is coming down with it today.

So.. off with my list of emergency supplies! Won't it be wonderful when spring arrives????

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I decluttered but not tangible things that went out of the house. Just off my computer. I decluttered my Favorite bookmarks. I'm down to the Ts on the list and wondering why I saved some of them.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Ahorsesoul, that is what I need to do terribly bad.

Same here!

Today Ken finally gave me his 15 minutes to go through the "stuff" I emptied from drawers in the living room! I'm so thrilled that 95% went either in recycling or the shred pile! Woohoo! When I'm off the computer I'll start shredding!

I think my next project is the closet in the living room...a few boxes of his dvd's and one or 2 of mine from when I moved here...BUT since we are planning on moving later this year...they'll stay in the closet. But I want to see if I can consolidate anything.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I even decluttered my wallet yesterday. There were old receipts, expired coupons for meals, and expired membership cards to clubs. It all went out and now I can close my wallet.

I need to load up the cars to take some stuff off the bag deck and to the charity bins tonight. I will try and get the boys to do that for me

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
2/21... President's Day USA. Hi everybody! This is my favorite club!!!!!!!!

Today.. there is a growing pile that is making me VERY HAPPY!!! It is the pile of Things To Go In The Attic!!! Every single thing in that pile is something that is moving OUT of our "living space"!!! Giving us more clean, clear space!!!! It is very visible progress!!!!!!

Sometimes... I work and work and see NO progress! I know... that if I just keep on.... eventually I will see progress!!! And it is so wonderful when that happens!!! And it is sure a lot easier to keep on when you get SOME kind of reward!!!!!!

Every little bit really does help.... even during those stretches when it does not look like it!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Need to clear up some place in my aroire... too much stuff in bathroom cabinet so I want to put some in there.... out goes the empty watch box (it's past warranty time anyway), out go the empty pill bottles (recycling), and so on...

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Cleared out unwanted "favorites" from my computer last night and shredded all of what Ken tossed out yesterday! I know I'm getting things done, but for some reason it still feels like there's SO much to do!

I think today I might go through our shelf in the linen closet (extra makeup, hair stuff, misc stuff....) and see what I can let go of.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Threw stuff out from the medecine cabinet... not enough.. only a small trash bag.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Keep going. One day all these little clean areas will merge into a whole room and then a whole decluttered house. The transformation will rock you.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ahorsesoul.... great encouraging words! And encouragement helps so much!
Luludou... well, you threw out what needed to go! Good progress there!
Christsmaslvr.... Oh Yeah! I feel the same way! There IS so much more to do! And... those shelves in the linen closet... where we store our "extra stuff".... they always hold SO MUCH!!!!! It's always a shock!

OK. Very concentrated work on paperwork this morning. Then... dh took me out to lunch!!! Ever since Kim Loves Snow wrote about getting Chinese food... I have been craving some! And..... YUM!!!! There is even enough leftover for dinner tonight.... which is heaven!

When we got home... I did MORE paperwork! Now... a break, with my Decluttering Club buddies! Then..... it is time to color my hair. (I do NOT look good with grey hair.... THAT was established a long time ago!) Tomorrow night, we have a family event in the evening... so I'll take special effort with hair and makeup.

Talk to you later!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Christmaslvr, I did that with my bedroom and linen closet/vanity for the January decluttering room. Threw out alot of lotions, medicine, and crap. I swore not to buy anymore till I use up the stash I got.

My February decluttering has not yet been started!!!:( :( :(

My mom and sister have been decluttering and they are giving me back the jars from salsa, lotions, seasoning salts and etc from gifts. Good cuz I can reuse and not buy more but more stuff back into my house.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm feeling okay tonight...I think I'll work on at least my hall closet, if not more. I'll get back with you!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana... your mom and your sister are decluttering too? I am impressed! MORE inspiration!
Hi MinnieCo! Good for you for jumping in!

WELL.... I am feeling GOOD about decluttering today. And that is because I am FINALLY seeing some progress. I won't go into how long it has been that I have been working and not seeing any difference!
Today... I will add to the pile of stuff to go up into the attic. AND... I will continue with paperwork. And regular cleaning... decluttering whatever I can!!!!!

Keep on keepin' on, pals!