Gift Closet 2009!! What's hiding in your closet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I saw the thread from last year so I figured it was time to start a new one since we are almost down to 100 days until Christmas!

I know that I have a Snowflake Bentely book that I recently purchased from B&N stashed away and I think I may have a few small things but not quite sure. I need to check my elf box and see what's hiding in there. I still have a set of 4 red goblets that I bought in an after Christmas sale in 2007 from Target.

What's in your gift closet?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
There used to be one for 2009... must have disappeared with the boards.

I've added 2 dvd's for each of the kids (that 70's show for DD & the simpsons for DS).
I've also got:
- socks for dd
- underwear for dd
- 2 christmas throws with elves on it for ??
- 1 hockey blancket for Dnephew
- 1 crochet girafe for Naomie
- 1 crochet monster for Kasandra
- 9 bird ornaments for girlfriends

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
For DD:
Twister and battleship board games
Littlest pet Shop game pen
PJs, Shirt, hat/gloves/scarf set
2 new ornaments – elf gifts
5 new books for stocking
Pixos

For DS:
Board Games: Ice breaker and memory
Bath robe and lounge pants, & 2 outfits
Vsmile game cartridge
Books for stocking

2 ornaments for other family members
Several bottles of different flavor A1 sauces and grill cooking book to be used in a basket for FIL – still need to get skewers and a few other things.
2 large soft stuffed snowmen
My little pony game rug for niece # 1 birthday
Disney Princess dance mat and ornament for niece # 1 Christmas
Disney Princess snow globe and photo ornament for niece # 2 Christmas
Bath soap/lotion set
2 holiday scented body spray sets
gloves
hat/scarf/gloves set

Last edited:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
A couple of weeks ago, I picked up Woody and Buzz Lightyear (from the movie Toy Story) for my son. We got the movies this summer and he loves them. It was just a break I found out the toys were being rereleased so I went out and grabbed them while I could find them. I also picked up a set of red measuring spoons for his stocking; they'll match the red measuring cups he got last year.

Not a ton in my gift closet, but my Christmas tin is looking like it'll be all cash Christmas shopping again this year which really is the way to go. Save all year and avoid the big bill afterwards. :)

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
I have almost completed my shopping or at least I know what I want to get which makes it easy! Here's what I have so far:

DS13:
Beatles Rock band game for Xbox = $60
Cymbols for Xbox = $30
2 "Skate" t-shirts = $25
1 "Skate" sweatshirt = $25
$50 cash = $50

Grand total for him = $190.00. I still need to get him some jeans that he wants.

DD11:
Mario Cart + steering wheel for Wii = $60
Resort game for Wii = $50
Aeropostale pj's & slippers = $50
Aeropostale sweatshirt = $40
$50 cash = $50

Grand total for her = $250. She's done!

DN4:
backpack + art supplies = $12.00

DN1:
Baby books = $12.00

I have $100 cash put back for my parents as we always give them cash/rest. gc's. So they are done!

My in-laws will be getting a shipment of coffee for their Kuerig brewer and some candy sent to them. So all I have to do is order it when the time comes.

My dh is the only one left and I know what I'm getting him. His usual! A bottle of good Scotch, and box of cigars and Wii game that he wants! I will pick this all up when it gets closer to Christmas!

Aside from stocking stuffers which are usually food items and chap sticks, gum and a book of homemade coupons, I'm done!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Gift Closet

Going off memory, I think I have the following:

Deep Sea Cosmetics Nail Kit (for a DFriend)
2 Fireman Theme Talking Sound/Light Toys (DLittle BIL)
PlayDoh Toy (DLittle BIL)
"Pretend" Shotgun (Supposed to be for DLittleBIL but I think DH really wants it)
Blown Glass Penguin Nite Light (for younger DSis)
Tom & Jerry DVD (for the twins - they are 2 yrs and it is their fav cartoon - lol!)

Those are the bigger type gifts I can remember. I've got alot of stocking stuffers gathered too.

And I've ordered some more things from LTD, just waiting for them to arrive! The Gift Closet for Christmas 2009 is finally starting to come along! Yippee!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Good for you Conniemac! My gift closet is in terrible, horrible, shape. Fiance and I tried to log stuff but I gave up. I'm logging everything that goes in there now, but it will not be until I pull it all out at Christmas that I truly know what is in there. Big sigh.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Yesterday at Toys'R'Us I looked in their "cheap" section of toys and found DD a blinking ring and another set of rings for $3 total for her stocking. My mom is giving her a dress up box for Christmas so it'll fit right in.

I also found DS a bag of Army men and dinosaur tatoos for $3 total for his stocking.

I also got them each a small thermos. DS's has Darth Vader on it to match his lunchbox and DD's is a princess one. Those will probably also be stocking stuffers but we'll see.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
One of my big projects for when I was off last week was supposed to be cleaning out the living room closet, because I shove so much in there. While looking for Coworker's b/d gift last week, I happened upon several things that I had forgotten I had purchased....hand held computer games, fabrics, and a few other things. IF, or perhaps I should say, WHEN I get the time, I need to make better use of the closet, and write down what I have and for whom. I said I wasn't buying as much this year. The big kids are getting gift cards. And then one or two little things.

I have a couple of people finished. My boss is one of them. Middle DGD is almost finished. I need to order her bean bag chair. I just don't know where to store it all. I don't have a storage unit any longer, so it all gets shoved into my little apartment. So much to do and so little space and time. I have tons of ideas, but there again, it is a question of $$ and time. I wish I could afford to hire an organizer. LOL

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I dont really have much in my gift closet, a few cosmetic items and trial size items. I really hope to start buying at least one gift a week from here on out and really try to be on the lookout for deals for my gift closet.

davinarn

Retire Member
Nov 7, 2007
Lets see I have:

DD22-foot massager, she hasn't given us her list yet so must wait to finish her
DD30-foot massager, she hasn't given us her list finalized list yet but she is thinking season passes for a local attraction
DS18-
DH-Bar set
DGS3-spiderman watch, toothbrush set
DGS4-spiderman watch, toothbrush set
DM-digital picture frame (still need to load it though)
DNeice-hair stuff, chap stick, disney nursery cinderella doll
DNephew-legos
Restorative Aides at work-bath sets x3

co-workers and dirty santa will be filled from the following items I hope:
snowman kitchen towel set x2
snowman nutcracker
log house kitchen towel set
socks-multi holiday
santa picture holder x2
snowman salt and pepper shaker
snowman cup
santa, snowman and pigeo towelsx2
snowman kitchen towel blue
checker game

I don't have a lot left to buy because truthfully DD's will probably pick one item that takes most of their allowed budget and then a gift card. DS I will have to shop for because he likes to pick cheaper stuff so he gets more. DSonIL x2 will not be that hard, usually a sweatshirt or gift card. DSisILx2 and DBIL will be gift cards.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We decided to save half of Samuel's birthday presents for Christmas. So I now have a telescope and a wizard's castle in my gift closet.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've a few more things recently:

24 pk Play-Doh for my twin neices - only $9 at Target this week!

Metal Kazoo for DNeice's stocking - $2 from Meijer

Giant Size Pez Dispenser that looks like Darth Vader and plays the Imperial March when opened for DLittleBIL

I've also tucked away a couple of birthday gifts and ordered some things for DH from LTD - just waiting on them to arrive!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I added 1 pj for DB's Christmas baby to come, 1 vest + pant for DB's baby, 1 vest + pants for dniece (2 years old), 1 lovely knit vest for Dniece (2 years old), a book for Dniece (2 years old).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Had a great Christmas shopping weekend!!! :)

Not only did I pick up a book and matching stuffed animal for each of the twins from Kohl's but I got a big gift for DH!

Harbor Freight had a good deal on a rolling tool cabinet - DH pointed it out to me then said he decided not to get it cause we are trying to cut back on $ spent right now. He also mentioned that he had a 20% coupon in his wallet too.

I took this as a super secret invitation to really get him the cabinet for Christmas. So I swiped the coupon from his wallet and went and got the cabinet on Sunday when I was out running errands.

Of course, like an idiot, I forgot to get cash out first and ended up using the debit card - so he'll see a charge for that store. UGH! :(

But I took the cabinet straight to DBIL's and he hid it in their garage. So I guess I can always try to bluff him and say I got something else that he asked for - something small enough for me to carry and hide in the house. Heres hoping that "plausable deniability" works in this case!!!

So THAT is a huge gift marked off my list!

And if you haven't checked them out yet - the Kohl's for Kids stuff right now is ADORABLE!

I got the "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" book and matching plush moose stuffed animal and the "If You Take a Mouse to the Moviews" book and matching mouse stuffed animal. I love them!!! And for $5 each plus you are helping a charity - you can't beat it!

I updated my gift list last night too!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Way to go, AuntJamelle! What a haul! And kudos on getting your DH's big gift; I always have trouble with my DH's and his birthday is in December too!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I don't have near what I usually do at this point, but I have a Hollister shirt, Christmas Caper DVD, message board and a bunch of stocking stuffers for my DD, WV shirt, tool kit and a few stocking stuffers for my DS, and a stationary set and a few stocking stuffers for my DSD. I'm really behind what I want to be at this point, but my hubby and I are going to K-mart this Friday to put their big ticket items on layaway. i really need to get cracking!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I have a lot of stocking stuffers done...still need to fill out the stockings for the guys...I'm thinking about tape...ALL kinds of tape (scotch, duct, masking, painter's, electrical, packing, etc.) I did that several years ago for my uncle and it was a big hit. It just seems like everyone in the family is doing small "house projects". maybe I'll see if I can pick up stud-finders on sale to add to the theme.

DS4 - I have a couple of the small Pirate Playmobile sets that we saved from his birthday. He got lots of stuff from the grandparents and aunts and uncles...so we decided to wait on these. I have also been picking up one or two Star Wars figures each time I go to Toys R Us...they had a buy 2 get one free sale last week. Add his stocking stuffers and he's pretty much done. My parents will probably get him the Leap Frog.

DS6mos - much harder! He doesn't really NEED anything...we have ride-ons, and tons of books and toys from my older son. My mom packed them all away very carefully. I need to give this some serious thought!

DH - I'm drawing a complete blank! He's so hard to buy for...never gives any hints.

DNeice and DNephew - Done....I always give them books (which I pick up throughout the year)

I still need to pick up a gift for my Secret Santa on my side of the family - DH's family "can't think about that yet...too early".

Sigh.