Gift Closet 2009!! What's hiding in your closet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got DS his DJ hero game. Bought 2 CD games - don't know for who yet.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I ordered DH another present yesterday - the last "big" one for this year.

It is a pin nailer - used for attaching delicate wood molding without harding showing a mark. We were watching DIY channel the other night and he happened to see someone using one and made a comment how he could use "one of those".

I hope I got a good one! It got really good reviews so hopefully I am okay! :)

I also had DH circle some smaller type items in the Harbor Freight ad that he could use - little, cheaper type things that I can pick from to help fill his stocking.

At this point, his stocking is the only thing I really need to buy anything for. The big gifts are DONE! Woo-hoo!

Now I just have to finish everyone else!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
i got a few little gifts today - got my DS a large nutcracker to go with his collection, some stocking stuffers, and 4 cans of Planter's Cashews for my DS, DD, DSD and DH - they all FOUGHT over the can my son got in his Easter basket, so they are all getting a can under the tree! LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here's what I got today for the gift closet (which is now too full)
- DVD Aliens vs monsters & 2nd dvd attached to it for nephew
- DVD of princesses for dniece (a 3-pack dvd ensemble)(+
- A fireman truck for dnephew 3 years old
- A pair of winter pants for DS (hope they fit!)
- A sweater for DH (if it doesn't fit it'll go in my brother's gift)
- Polar express DVD for the kids (well, me really) - gift from the elves
- Reversible micro-fleece blanket for DD
- Toy gift for 2nd twin
- Cars pillow for my brother's new baby to be born soon
- Box of cherry-chocolates for MIL (for christmas)
- A box of 'Piroulines' chocolate for SIL
- 4 pairs of fuzzy socks (2 for me and 2 for DD)
- 1 softie horse ornament for me

Only a few more to go!! Yay!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I added:

- 2 cell-phone holders http://www.driinn.com/
- Season 1 of nip-tuck for my brother
- collection of dvds for dnephew
- 2 small teddy ornaments ($1 each)
- Amusical golden Santa pin

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Over the weekend I picked up the following:

For DH:

3 Ball Trailer Hitch
Digital Clamp Meter (Stock Stuffer)
Glue Brushes (Stock Stuffer)
7" Disk Sander
Heat Torch (runs off propane, used to burn weeds off the gravel driveway, etc.)

For DMIL:

Blue Soft Terry Zip Front Style Robe
Pastel Floral Long Sleeve Nightgown

For DFriend:

Scrapbooking Goodies!

Found matching travel binder and tool case at Tuesday Morning. They are really cute - black and red with a black/cream paisley pattern as an accent - and they will come in really handy for transporting pages in progress back and forth to crops.

Also found a GREAT doo-hickey for holding photos in up to 5" x 7" sizes - it was so great I got one for myself too! :)

So shopping for DH and DFriend in question is done!

Still need to get more for DMIL since we also have an early Dec birthday for her as well...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I got:

- a rattle for the new baby

DD bought her gifts for dniece (her goddaughter), a dora chair and a Dora book. That's for Christmas. She still needs to buy for her b-day (december 26th).

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Last night I finished the stocking stuffers for the kids and bought my husband a WVU T-Shirt. I'd like to start wrapping soon. I've got a few things wrapped, but need to get some more done!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DH's sweatshirt I ordered and was worried about never making it here - was on backorder - finally showed up yesterday!

WAA-HOO! :)

He is going to love it!!!

I need to start WRAPPING!!!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
On the weekend, we added to the stash....

* Mrs Potato for our daughter
* two Mickey Mouse Yahtzee games (one for our son and the other to donate)

I've also ordered 2 books/a DVD/CD for my DH, a tv series on DVD for my SIL and a tv series season on DVD for my MIL.

We're getting there slowly.

->I donate a duplicate of one of my son's gifts and a duplicate of one of my daughter's gifts to a charity toy drive at Christmas.

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
My gift closet has already started emptying out! :)
For my cousins (girls): socks, pedicure set, nail polish sets, and small gift cards
DGD3: Baking set, apron, etc. for her birthday followed by her christmas gift: princess books, stuffed Rudolph, snacks, crayons, coloring book, mini toys. :)
DS10: Disney Christmas book, Mater Saves Christmas, Cars, ultimate buzz, pj's
DFS2 (foster son): christmas book, stuffed rudolph, cars,
DH: pj's grilling set
DFIL: Stocking stuff covered (grill seasoning, grill tools, shoe polish, shoe horn, extra laces, fun duct tape)
DMIL: Stocking stuff covered (bracelet, nail polish, remover, recipes, chocolates)

Ironically: I had a beautiful nativity purchased on clearance after christmas that I just gave as a wedding gift, a Sorry your family didn't recognize your birthday again teenage girl gift of bbw bracelet etc., and gifts for DS10 therapists/teachers/aids/ and bus drivers were all covered from my gift closet!!! :) Good thing too because DH has been laid of 13 weeks.

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
From a tastefully simple party, 2 soup mixes and bread mixes for mil's food/snack bag. Clutch wallet for dd, two outfits for great grand nephew. I still have quite a bit to go and I don't think I am going to make my Dec. 1 goal that I set for myself. Mostly due to the fact that dd works at penny's and with shoppers shopping early, I have had the kids quite a bit. Brought them to the mall with me a couple of weeks ago and it was not fun. The double stroller will not fit in the smaller shops. In fact I had to leave one without buying anything just so my gs didn't grab and break the merchandise.
Adding a my first camera for gr. grand niece and a pair of slippers for dh that I will buy on line today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Added a t-shirt for nephew from local football team. Also some chocolates & sucre d'orge for my brothers' stockings. Twilight DVD for Dniece.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
got the Michael Jackson greatest hits for my daughter. Between my employee discount and coupons, paid half price for it! :) sorry - i love a bargain even at Christmas. LOL

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DH picked up a copy of "UP" for his little brother - and then while at Menards this weekend we grabbed another AKC dog toy for the pups plus 3 oversized doggie tennis balls - all marked down to good prices! :)

My gift closet is STUFFED!

Some items are spilling out onto my desk and chair - I need to get wrapping SOON!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Pulled the trigger on the American Doll and accessories. She's getting "Julie". Got the deal on free shipping (expires this week) and saved $20!! Woohoo!!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
got my daughter's big gift - a cell phone. she's going to be soooooo happy. so thankful I am able to get her that.

got my dad's gifts - a new US flag and WV state flag. He will be so touched. He's a veteran, and this means a lot to him. can't believe there is a month until Christmas!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
ventured out to wal-mart this morning. got a football, basketball, 2 sets of matchbook cars and 2 movies for my DS. Got a movie a piece for my DH and DD. Went to K-Mart to pay on my layaway.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
i'm so excited that I have to share this! A lady I work with personally knows some of the WVU football players and is going to get them to autograph a football for my DS11!!! This will be his most favorite present EVER!