Gift closet 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got 2 gifts in the closet for 2014!

Bought a vest/coat for dnephew's bday in march $11!! and it is really nice too.
Got the 1st elf gift for Christmas 2014 - a Christmas movie in the $5 bin at walmart.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since my Christmas wrapping paper is still out... I wrapped the Christmas movie the elves will deliver for 2014 :) now is that being on time or what?

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I am excited that I got quite a few ten dollar off in store coupons this year from kohls, bought toys for my daycare stash and I took advantage of Toys R Us "red hot deals" to put away. I am going into 2014 with four playmobile case sets ( one princess, one christmas, two vet sets), one set of 100 duplo blocks, one christmas Dora doll, a mr. Potato head huge set (comes with four potato heads, pieces), disney christmas matching game. Also have two plush scarves I got for free (The walking company) set me gift cards for buying slippers this year, two beautiful christmas nightlights, three sets of plush christmas dish towels (2 in each set). Did not use these this year ( I have a very small giftlist), so I will start 2014 with them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My goodness what a great start.
I have bought a beautiful lidded candle that looks like an ornament, a tin of 5 hand creams and a tin of 5 shower gels, they were $5.00 each. Some Burt's bees lip balm reduced, as well,as some chap sticks in a tin, and some bath cavier.
I hot a cuff link organizer for DS along with some very nice handkerchiefs, and a wallet for the price of the cuff link box. I was very happy as this was from one of the more expensive stores in town.
Will sit down tomorrow and try and write a few ideas in my notebook.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Wow, you all are on top of it!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hallmark had their 50% sale going so I picked up a bag full of items. They had lots left so I'll wait to see if they go to 75% off before I buy anymore.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Your posts were an inspiration. I set out this morning and bought all three grandchildren's birthday gifts (all in October). Can you believe that they are already wrapped with bows? I'm on it! I also bought several items for the grandchild that is expected in July. I picked up Christmas coloring books to give each of them at Thanksgiving. I've got a few items for their Easter baskets and I even bought my granddaughters 2014 Christmas present. I'm not sure what to get the two boys yet (ages 5 & 6) next Christmas. I won't stop until I'm done. Thanks for the inspiration.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done Ellen. It certainly makes a difference to already have a few things put aside. Takes the pressure off. Just need to keep the momentum going.

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I went out today to Target. They are having their 50% off clearance. Got three good size rolls of wrapping paper, new tissue paper,, christmas craft supplies for my daycare next christmas, got heavy duty christmas disposable plates, plasticware, etc all half off to put away for next year.
I would like to get to walmart, hallmark too.

Ellen

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Cant say I have a lot of new stashes, but have a number of items in the gift closet. I did get 2 new Christmas fabrics, half yard each.....not that I *need* more fabric, but these were the 2 I thought the prettiest at WM. Need to go to Hobby Lobby to get a checked piece for a 2014 present. Plan to make a pillow for a cousin using chicken scratch embroidery.

Have several ideas for 2014 & have started on the great-grands ornaments. Cousin thought I was a little ahead of time, but nah, don't think so. :0 The year flies, & if I can get them done now, I'm ahead of the game. Sounds like all of us are trying to start early. Only way to do it - stretches out the time crunch AND the money crunch!

As we come up with bargains, or ideas, & post here, we can help each other. Will check back from time to time to see if I can "borrow" YOUR ideas :-0

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got DD 2 pairs of summer sleep shorts for $5.00 a pair. One pair was originally $24.99. OMG!
Would never pay that.
Went to Kmart and got a singlet top for each pair for $2.00 each, so 2 pairs of Jammie's in the gift closet. Kmart also had beautiful platters with a holly leaf design for $2.00 each, so I got 2 for my mum. Also found a cake server and knife set for $2.75 so a nice gift for my mum.
Kmart also had 500 piece jigsaw puzzles at $1.00 each so got a few for stockings.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

Yes. I'm impressed also! I have not done any after Christmas shopping. I'm not a shopper much to begin with ... but those deals sound good!
:smilegift:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I use to hide gifts in suitcases. Worked really well until one year I forgot to check the suitcase. I didn't find the gifts until about 8 months later when we took a trip. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Took DD to lunch with a friend and quickly popped into a shop. Picked up a Gatsby inspired necklace and earring set for $7.00. It is very pretty and if I can't decide who to give it too, I may keep it myself.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have some Christmas throws, a Hallmark ornament, a LED changing colored snowflake and a couple items picked up for the baby for next Christmas. Need to get it all wrote down and put away. Ordered some Gooseberry books on sale for gifts too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Took DD to lunch with a friend and quickly popped into a shop. Picked up a Gatsby inspired necklace and earring set for $7.00. It is very pretty and if I can't decide who to give it too, I may keep it myself.

Yes, give it to yourself but wrap it up first.,