Has anyone started Gift Closet 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I got some more free stocking stuffers, plus I transferred 2 prescriptions to Rite Aid and got $50 in gift cards from that, so that will finish up my girls' stockings plus the candy for my son's. :) B&BW sent an email with buy anything, get free lip gloss, so a friend picked those up for me since she was shopping there anyway. I'm getting there, bit by bit!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got DH the new Disney Blue-Ray combo 'oceans'.

Got 2 more stocking stuffers for DS & DD

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up the new Taylor Swift CD for DD yesterday and a book that I thought DS might like. I think that I am set. I would love to be able to just got through gift closet and check things off. This weekend I think !!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, DD wants that Taylor Swift CD too, I'll tell 1 of her aunts so they can pick it up for her.

Yesterday I bought.

Dnephew 15 a sweater and I'll add some $$ - DONE
Dnephew 17 a sweater & I'll add some $$ - DONE
DS 17 a sweater, a vest, some poker cuff links, and some underwear.

Moving on...

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I found what I'm giving the work study in my office - her sorority mascot is a squirrel, and country living magazine has the cutest template for making a squirrel tote! I'll tuck in a gift card to McD's, and she'll be done!

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Have purchased undershirts and boxers for DS's.

2 books - not sure who will be the recipient yet (maybe me!)

1 CD - ditto as above

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I bought 4 mini wine bottles, that I'll give with some individually wrapped dark chocolate.

for my sis (we don,t do gifts for each other but this is just a small token) - DONE
for my 2 sils (again we don't do gifts for each other) - DONE
for my gift exchange at work.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Getting so close! DD will be done once the Barbie stuff I ordered is delivered.

DS is done except for a Wii game and a DS game.

They are the two I worry most about.

On Veteran's day I am planning a marathon session of Cocoa Cone making for the kids in DS's class, DD's class and DS's hockey team. That will knock 50!! people off my list

Wish me luck!!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I ordered a lot of stuff off play.com and amazon yesterday. I managed to do some gift shopping today. So I think I'm looking good.

I'd like to say I'm 70% done with gifts but I'm probably only 55-60% done. Haha :D

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Today I bought 4 mini wine bottles, that I'll give with some individually wrapped dark chocolate.

for my sis (we don,t do gifts for each other but this is just a small token) - DONE
for my 2 sils (again we don't do gifts for each other) - DONE
for my gift exchange at work.

Nice idea for a small gift!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I am so proud of myself. I was a late starter with shopping for gifts this year, but since I've started I am on a roll. Just picked up one of my layaways and got money back ($20) on one of the items I bought as it is on sale this week.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I saved up all the rebates I got for a couple weeks, then cashed them, and my daughter used the cash to buy her daddy's gift. :) She got him a softball glove so he can help her practice.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought a dvd for Dad today + a christmas ornament for my office gift exchange... it says love, peace & chocolate! the theme is 'gourmand'... meaning loving food, good wine, etc...
So she will get an ornament, a mini-wine bottle & I'll get her some spicy chocolates which she likes + some dark chocolates too.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Getting ready to make a payment for my DSD's class ring. It is her REALLY big gift, so it is taking me awhile to pay it off. One payment closer, though! :)