Has anyone started Gift Closet 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
What a great day for Christmas shopping for me!!! I just ordered my husband a new vacuum cleaner (I burnt ours up!), my DD a magazine subscription, and my mom a magazine subscription, all for FREE by using my coke points! Plus, I work at a college, and one of my coworkers just gave me 2 really nice water bottles that I'm going to use as little gifts. I love when I get great gifts for free! :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
gotta love nice free gifts to give.

I was at my old navy theo ther day and they had 1/2 off clearance. They had metal water bottles marked down to .97 so it was .49 each. I didn't think about it yesterday so i am gong to a closer one today to see if they have and get some for teacher gifts.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
It has been a great weekend for me for free and cheap gifts - all of things that my people will really like, too! I picked up 14 gifts since Friday for less than $10. Honestly, 10 of them were free! I love to have lots of gifts under the tree, and by findings things really inexpensively, I will be able to save up for a few bigger gifts. :) and spread the gifts around. Last year, we hit a rough spot and couldn't do the Angel Tree - This year, we're doing it first! :)

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
wow... that´s really cool...

I started a gift drawer.. not a whole closet yet.. and the gifts are neatly packed and labeled..
wooohoo... I love it when I´m ahead of things.. LOL

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
good job, Hollybow! Mine are mostly just tossed in a closet, but I do have a few wrapped! :)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
You ladies are impressive!!! Keep up the good work!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought some stocking stuffers last night:
- toothbrushes
- Deodorant

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I have been terrible about updating my gift lists, I've just been throwing everything in the storage closet before my kids see it. I know I've bought some stocking stuffers. A sock monkey, a mini etch or sketch, some chocolate straws, a microwave smores maker and a card game. For ds#3 I bought a wii game, a ds game, and a Pittsburgh Penguins nutcracker. For ds #2 I bought some pj bottoms, a NY Yankees hat and I need to find a Colorado Avalanche nutcracker. Ds 15 wants new goalie gear. I already have a few things for him so once I buy these, both his birthday and Christmas will be DONE! I may still by a couple more surprises though. This is the farthest along I have ever been, but I kind of loose a month with my youngest being home from Thanksgiving until after New Years. This is his last year on being on the year around track system. I really want to enjoy his time off and do things with him instead of stressing about Christmas.
:gingerbread:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got some stuff on sale at 75% for dnephew (4).

Disney Mickey mouse club mega blocs.. 3 different sizes all for $16 taxes included. And another down!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just ordered Seasons 2, 3 & 4 of 24-hours for my brother on the web. Should be here next week -an another one finished :)

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Got a lot of shopping done over the weekend. Used a bunch of gift cards and coupons and saved quite a bit. Also wrapped up quite a bit of it, too. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Had a really good week. When I came home from holidays the kids and DH had written a wish list. I managed to get everything on their lists when I went shopping this week. A DVD that DD wanted was only $9.00 so I was impressed. I even picked up a few extra things. I got DH a hamburger press for in his stocking and I found a couple of really good older DVD's. I am really happy with what I got the other day now all I have to do is wrap them!!!!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I've managed to get quite a few things, here and there, for great prices. I have picked up a part-time job that is a real blessing, and I hope it lasts for awhile. I'm going shopping whenever I get a paycheck from there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
wvalice...congratulations on the job. Well done

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Thanks, sweetpumpkinpye! It has really come in handy - my savings got depleted (multiple times) this year, so this has been a blessing. I don't mind to work - I just wish saving came as easy to me as working! LOL If I could save more, I could work less. I'm just happy to have the opportunity when so many people don't.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to Costco's and bought 3 combos for popcorn&movies to finish up gifts. Also bought a dvd for DS and a pj from me to me! ;)

Dnephew Antoine - DONE
Dniece Florence - DONE
Dniece Kasandra - DONE
Dniece Naomie - DONE
Dnephew Anthony - DONE
Dnephew Alexandre - DONE
Dnephew Samuel - DONE
Dnephew Olivier - DONE
DD - DONE

Nephew anthony's bday (dec. 6th) - DONE
Niece Naomie bday (dec 26th) - DONE

Getting there...