Has anyone started Gift Closet 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Our friend is giving us a laptop that his company doesn't use any more! He's cleaned it up, and I'm saving it for a Christmas present because that is all my daughter is asking for! :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
my neighbor was in Disney last week so I sent cash w/ her to get these mystery packs that are Mickey Star Wars characters. That is all DS3 wanted when we were there so it will be a nice surprise in his stocking.

Sadly I have several gifts/games that I bought on clearance thinking some one would like them but now I got no one to give them to. Not sure what I am going to do w/ them. Maybe donate to toys for tots or something.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I got dnephew a fleece vest with arms that can be unzipped, very nice quality for.... $1,50$!! wow! that was THE biggest saving up to now.

Got 2 small sock monkeys at walmart for $1 each (stocking stuffers), some deodorant for DD's stocking, and some mini cracker jack boxes 3 for $1 at walmarts (old-fashioned with the gift in it!) should have bought more of those mini cracker jack boxes to add to movie baskets.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
got a dvd for ds's stocking... a classic! Slapshot! he'll be very happy with that.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Shannon - That very gift giving thing happens to me. Not so much anymore because I have tried not to buy just because it's on sale. Toys for Tots is a good reason to give them away. Or, are they things you can hold on to for emergency birthday gifts?

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I just discovered that you can get a $10 gift card to K-mart from mycokerewards.com! AWESOME! $10 more dollars is always a bonus! And I've shared that information with my friends and family (and now my MHH friends) so more people can have a bonus! It is limited to just 1 per person, but that's okay - $10 is $10!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got 15 hand soaps with a coupon for 10 dollars at bed bath and beyond.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
wvalice - That is good to know. We have started saving the caps and I get a lot from people at work, too.

That's a great deal, HW2!!! Were they regular sized?

N

NewYearsEva

I just picked up some end-of-summer closeouts.

Last edited by a moderator:

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cathie,

I can't wait until Oct. 1 to see if they have anything good for my points. If not, I'm going to order my hubby pots and pans for Christmas. :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Kim - I got them thinking I had some one to give it to but when asked they said no. oops.. I will prob. donate them this year. I am out of options for them. Thanks for the reminder.

I got 3 cupong games for the boys. They were $9 instead of $15. I priced matched one at Walmart and picked up some extra balls for $5 she went to price match them and before she realized they were already cheeper. When I looked at the receipt later she didn't charge me for them.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
As I get rebate $ back, I am just picking up a small present with it. I just went last night and got my daughter a set of Sharpie markers. She really loves to draw with those because the colors are so vibrant. I may wrap some tonight if I can talk my hubby into not complaining about it! LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought DD a potato knife & veggie grater (?), good quality too. :)

Also bought a 3-pack of good handsoap at Costco's... christmas package to give to ??

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
took my rebate money and got my son a nerf gun, then while the kids were at a church bowling party last night, I wrapped a few presents. :) It is raining today and I'm really feeling the spirit! :)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Nothing yet, but I finally got a 30% off from Kohl's (I usually get 15%) + a coupon for $10 off $10! I think we will head over there this week to see what we can get for any one of our kids. My DD19 (a sophmore in college) is very much into baking from scratch right now. I just bought her a bakeware set and the other day I saw a cake pan in Target that has 4 small butterly shaped cakes...I want to go back and pick that up (1 for me too!) I have a large butterfly cake pan that we both love. That's it for me so far...

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Well, my part-time job emailed me yesterday and asked me to work as much as I could, so I'm putting in extra hours left and right, trying to save up extra for Christmas. I was planning on getting my DSD her class ring for Christmas, but she wanted to order it yesterday from the school. Seeing as it was almost $500!!!!!, it's going to be a Christmas present regardless of when she gets it!