Holiday Grand Plan 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The Holiday Grand Plan starts August 29th this year. I've yet to ever follow it through till the end....but idk....maybe 2010...will be the year...lol.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know, I almost did last year. As least as close as it's gonna get!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I think I can, I think I can! Bring on the HGP!

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I have been doing this since 2001 and have never finished it either. I always switch to the Countdown. Maybe this year :)

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Thanks for the reminder, Gingerbug! But I have to say that I have never finished this plan. The first weeks it works fine but then I always run out of time. Maybe I will try the Houseworks Holiday Plan this year.

A new HGP/HHP (Houseworks Holiday Plan) - a new chance to finish it! :)

Chilli

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
I can't wait!

Although I have never finished, the years that I have tried were so much more relaxing than the years when I didn't try at all. I have gotten a head start on some rooms this summer, so the plan won't be so overwhelming this year.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh I'll be doing the Grand Plan this year... Last year I did the Houseworks plan (mostly due to timing - I discovered the site too late for the Grand Plan) and I found it really helped me. I certainly wasn't perfect, and didn't technically finish it, but it did help me a lot.

Just a question though, does anyone know when the Grand Plan calendar gets updated on the website? It's still showing the 2009 one. I imagine it will be about halfway through August??

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I've never finished it either but I will try it again this year!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I usually do Houseworks, too but this year I think I'm organized enough (famous last words?) to start in August with the HGP this year.

Even not perfectly or not 100% is better than I'd be on my own, I'm certain. Following at least some kind of plan over the past few years has made a HUGE difference for me and every year I think we've had our best holiday ever! Hoping this year will be even better than last :)

Good idea to get started printing forms! Maybe I'll incorporate that into part of my Rudy Day today.

Best Wishes!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Cannot wait! I think I started the year my youngest was born ... so maybe this will be my 12th year? Wow, can it be THAT long?!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm going to do my best to HGP this year! Things are a little hectic right now - long story - but I am hoping that by the end of August (please! please!) that we are back to our normal schedule.

Anything I can manage will be better than nothing! :)

Jingles

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
I've been doing the HGP for several years and have yet to complete absolutely every little item but that's okay.... I'm am always sooooo much further ahead and stress-free than in my pre-HGP years! :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What a great thread! It just shows that WHATEVER we do in advance -- HELPS A WHOLE LOT!

I've looked at both plans.... and the HGP (Holiday Grand Plan) is the one for me this time around! I do NOT attempt everything listed as "possible" on the OrganizedChristmas site! I just do..... whatever I can. It all helps.

I have printed out the calendars and the Weekly Sheets. I'm going to spend some time on them today!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay!!! I've gone through and created a master HGP to do list for all the rooms on the plan!

I have one or two goals to accomplish before the HGP begins - like getting photos printed and put into some pretty black and white collage frames I've had sitting around forever - so that I can make hanging them up part of my tasks during living room week.

My approach this year is going to have to be one that centers on "bursts" of activity.

In previous years I have done marathon sessions in that weeks room to get it done in one day or maybe in two days.

With the baby in our lives, time is grabbed when/where it can be grabbed where housework is concerned! :)

But we are in a routine now and I think I can make the HGP work. Now that I have my lists of tasks down for each room I can look ahead to the coming week and pick tasks that take less time and plan to do those in the 1/2 hr to 1 hr of time I have each night after the baby has gone to sleep but before I pass out!

Longer and/or noiser tasks will have to happen on the weekends.

My biggest concern is Kitchen week. Going through all the drawers and cupboards alone takes alot of time! But since pantry and closets week right after that is a light week for me, I will probably do what others have done in the past and just make that Kitchen Week - Part 2! :)

I can't believe how time is flying! I can't believe it is already August! HGP will be here before we know it!!!!

:elf:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Now that we have our own house I think i'll pick one and do it this year as well.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I need to get my sheets printed out! So excited!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Don't forget CEO is making new sheets for us this year!

Annie