Holiday Grand Plan 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Annie - It seems like I have to hunt the sheets down every year probably because I don't pay attention to things. Can you let me know if you see them go up? Thanks! :0)

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Will also be joining in. I switch back and forth between the plans every year. This is my favorite though, looking forward to it. ~ Farmerswife

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
NEW SHEETS! :thankyou: CEO!

Cannot wait :) Looks like she is doing site upgrades too!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I printed out all the sheets yesterday but i'm not sure if they're new or not. Oh well, I won't print them out again unless they're drastically different, too much paper and ink. LOL

This will be my first year participating in this I believe. I've already made my lists of things to do in each room, now lets see if I can stick to it. I'll also be doing the Christmas Countdown when it starts.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I am starting this week! :eek:)
For some reason, I cannot print up the forms. (I couldn't last year, either. They just won't load up for me. Makes me sad.)
Instead, I'm using my own composition notebook and I'll just decorate the pages with Christmas stickers or what-not and hand write all the info I need. I'd love to use the forms, but for whatever reason, I just can't print them.
Maybe some updates weren't done or something, I don't know.......
I've never finished the HGP. Wish me luck!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lolwlias - see if you can find a place that says "Printer Read Form". For some reason -- you can NOT print directly from the form. You have to find the place that says "Printr Ready Form" or "Printer Ready Page" for each page. That is the only way to print.

Can anybody do a better job of explaining this? It is frustrating to not be able to print the forms!!!!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I do click on that Nana, but the page doesn't load up. It says to me something about errors or something like that. :(

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HHhhhmmmmm.... we need somebody "tech savy".... are there any teenage boys in your neighborhood that you can hire to figure it out $5 for 5 seconds of their time should do it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I had my printed already, so I'm not sure I"ll print the new ones either, but I did get my gift list printed, as well as the freezer inventory list and the list for making gifts. I'm just about ready to go. I need to whole punch them all though.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I'll check with my son when he's not working and see what he has to say about it. Maybe he can help me out.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I'm looking forward to the HGP this year. I have the pages printed out and spent some time this afternoon making a list of tasks for each room. I revised the plan somewhat to combine my usual cleaning schedule (based on Flylady) plus the additional tasks that I do on a annual or semi-annual basis like cleaning out closets, washing curtains, windows, etc. etc. I'm pleased with the schedule I've worked out so I'm ready to go!!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I have to admit that I have already started with HGP. We had fall-weather here so I was really motivated. Entry/Foyer and bathroom are already done. Upcoming week will be bedroom week.

Chilli

Jingles

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
I have also gotten started early because of our nice weather.... front porch, garage, decks, all powerwashed, organized, cleaned, sparkling! In our corner of the world (southwestern Washington, on the coast) you need to do outside things in that small window of nice weather!

My problem now is that the porch is looking so nice, it makes me want to start putting the Fall decorations out.... I'm resisting though! :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
GEEZE people....you are already making me feel behind!! LOL

I have decided to use the Holiday Grand Plan this year....I usually cycle but since I already had some of the list pages printed I decided to go with it!

I will do two weeks on the Master Bedroom because I really don't have a foyer. Other than that the September weeks will stay as listed in the plan.

Haven't looked any further than September.

I'll be bloggin my progress over at Month by Month.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hgp

I haven't started any HGP tasks yet but I have sure been thinking about them!

I am going to have to find the energy somewhere! DSon (almost 7 months now!) keeps me pretty busy on the weeknights but I am hoping to tackle 20-30 minutes of HGP related tasks after he goes down for the night.

I am usually so exhausted by that point I just want to sit and read for a few minutes before falling asleep.

But I'm hoping that once I get in the groove it won't be so hard! And I'll use this site and all of you guys as extra inspiration! :)

I can't believe it is almost time for HGP to start!!! I always put out my fall decorations during Front Porch week - and we have been having some cooler weather here - but back to low 90s by next week. :(

But Fall is definitely coming!!!

:thanksgiving4:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Great minds think alike, Hallmark Lady!!!
AuntJamlle -- even if you only get ONE 20-30 minute session a week to work on the HGP -- you will STILL be ahead of the game!
Chilli, cmerth, Jingles - Great Start! Please keep inspiring all of us!
gingerbug, Lolwilas, Snickerdoodle, MinnieCo, aggy --- EVERYBODY. Keep posting! Keep enjoying! Being together on this Plan is what makes it so much fun for us! It is a celebration every week!

Tomorrow starts the official first week. AND - there is the opportunity for A LOT of planning during that week. Honestly -- I have started the HGP a bunch of times..... and I never really DID any planning during th first week. I concentrated on printing off the forms. Well.... NOW..... I see that this early planning is REALLY designed to help us!!!!!!! EVEN when weeks go by when we cannot do ANYTHING on the HGP -- if we have figured out the MOST IMPORTANT dates; events; gifts -- then Christmas 2010 will be fine! Because the MOST important things will gt taken care of. And -- we WON'T be stressing at Christmas Eve -- because we have neglected something REALLY important!

AND -- we can do the planning part -- while our bodies are doing other things.... like dishes, making beds, whatever. It is HELPFUL to write down our plans. (Duh!) But.... the "thinking" part does NOT have to be done sitting at a desk.

Berta

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
SparkleNana, your statement about the need for preplanning is SO true, and I think that's where I also have fallen down in previous years.

Ok, back on the wagon and ready to go for tomorrow. I did a tour of the "estate" (such as it is) and noticed a few things I need to add to my lists this year. Our shed needs painting, and the porch will need a bleach water wash down in additon to a good sweeping. I always do the front windows in the LR and DR when we do the porch. I purchased the windex pole thingy...has anyone used before? Have any tips to share?

Mums are just coming out around here and they look so wonderful when I buy some and place them on the steps of my porch, BUT that area gets NO sun, and then they die quickly. Ideas, anyone?