How are we doing???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I notice that there haven't been alot of posts recently - which tells me we are all verrrry busy right now! :)

So how is it going? Are you losing your mind? Are you rocking around your perfectly decorated Christmas tree already?

Or are you - as I suspect for most of us - somewhere in between?

:elf:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'll start!

:smilegifts:

I thought I was going to lose my mind, but I am coming through and see some light at the end of the tunnel!

I've been feeling the stress more because of our big party for all of our friends which is scheduled for this Saturday night.

That puts the pressure on to have the house all neat and tidy and decorated in time for the party, of course.

Then our childcare provider's son got sick this past Sunday night - so I was home from work with DS on Monday - childcare back on track Tuesday - I came down with a bug Tuesday night - I'm home from work yesterday.

And THEN last night DS starts throwing up - poor little guy!

But thankfully he is feeling much better today - I think he must have just been "grazed" by the flu bug going around.

Soooooo....hopefully we can avoid DH getting sick!!!

House is 90% decorated - I have a handfull of things left to do which I am determined to finish tonight! Went shopping on break today and picked up a few things to help me finish - which should motivate me!

Grocery shopping for the party is 90% done too - will finish on my lunch break tomorrow. Have to pick up some wine, etc.

Friday night will be devoted to cleaning and some food prep - Sat morning to some cleaning and food prep...

And once I am through this party - I can turn my attention to the rest of the month! :)

I'm tired...but I'm excited! Cross your fingers for me that nothing else goes wrong this week! lol

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed, because I have so much to do! And so very little time. Taking a few vaca days will hopefully expedite matters.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Sounds like you have been busy. It's been about the same here also. I was all set for Thanksgiving but have not caught up after that w/ the decorating that's been going on. The decorating is mostly done and I am getting the boxes put away. Christmas cards are not done and wrapping has not started. The goal is to do the cards this wknd and then wrap next week. I am working about the same number of day however we are getting amuch later start b/c the store is open till midnight so I am in bed much later and that is making it hard for me to have the energy to get stuff done during the day.

Sory your littly one was feeing bad, hope no one else gets sick.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm done decorating. It's not perfect and I would love to have done more, but this year I don't have any help and with Eli being into everything, I decided to accept what I have done and be happy. The kids won't remember the decorations anyway, they will remember the activities and things we do together.

I haven't even started wrapping yet but I am almost done with shopping. Just have to grab a few stocking stuffers for Eli and my brothers presents.

I'm not losing my mind or even stressed really about the holiday. I have more important things to stress about everyday with DH being gone.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Doing pretty ok here...gift shopping is just about done, just need to pick up a few gift cards for my mom. My dd's gifts are all wrapped as she will be home from college next week. I have all my baking needs purchased, finally, and just about all stocking stuffers. We won't get a tree or decorate the house until dd comes home.

The only thorn in my side is my Christmas cards...I make most of them and am no where near finished. The store bought cards are all ready to go...

Over this weekend or next week I want to start picking up some munchies to have on hand for holiday time. I think that might be it...oh something new to wear would be nice...not sure if it's in the cards!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decorating is done, most gifts are bought, cards are mailed.
Now I have to concentrate on wrapping & cooking & baking.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was feeling a bit of panic last night, because my plan and "vacation" hasn't gone as planned. I've gotten called into work 2x and I've had a horrible migraine. After my headache started, I went to get a refill and found out my med had been pulled from the market. My doctor was off the next day, so 3 days later, I'm feeling a bit more functional tonight. The outside house lights are turned on (we put them up awhile ago, just didn' t have them connected to an ext cord) and I'm decorating the family tree as we speak. Those ornaments have been sitting out for a week, just couldn't get the energy to lift them off the table to the tree. But I have high hopes that the next 3 days will still be productive. If I get the decorating done this week (which is always my deadline) next week I'm off for 3 days and I'll do the baking. I'm planning on finishing my shopping online over the weekend too. Not much, but a few gifts I have to get still.

So, check back with me on Monday and I'll let you know how I feel then...LOL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm doing ok with decorating. Tree is done. Have the bathrooms done. I have two little trees that I might not even put up this year. And I'm not going to feel bad about it either.

I'm just about ready for the Christmas dinner tomorrow night. The menu is easy and the dessert just needs to cool and be frosted with whipped cream tomorrow afternoon. It was fun to watch these cakes bake with a pie inside them. The batter just rose up and covered the pie very nicely. Cherpumple. What fun. Now to see how it tastes.

The kitchen floor needs to be cleaned but not until late tomorrow morning. I do need to make some kind of favors for the place settings so I'm off to do that now.

For Christmas my dinner menu is done. I do not change it much from year to year. I have gifts to wrap next week. So all in all it's ok.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I'm just kind of blah...just plugging along & doing the best I can. Lights are up on our front porch. I'd like to get my musical snowman out there & that will be it. I have my small Snowflake tree up & don't know if I'll put my other one up or not. I have some of the gifts brought but none wrapped.

This Christmas has a totally different feel to it...

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Decorations are boxed in the kitchen...not one thing up. Christmas cards in various states of completion and the house is upside down. But the shopping is just about done. Wrapping is well under way and the elves arrived on time and the boys are loving it!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Shopping is done, decorating is done and cards have been mailed.

I have to wrap and bake.

I hate wrapping and am trying to change my attitude about it. I think I just need to dive in and get it all done in one shot.

I have decided that I am going to bake one batch of something every day. I will freeze most of it, but leave a little bit out to enjoy. If I leave it all out my family will inhale it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I would like to add, that I decided to make my year easier in so many ways.

I'm not having a party at my home for the primary girls this year. We're going to just meet at the church and I'm skipping the big party!

For work, we're not having a potluck party at the office. I'm taking them out.

That's two events I don't have to worry about this year. Just going along with my year and the need to simply just a bit till I feel on top of my game again!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm doing okay. I was sick all last week which slowed me down. I didn't get all of my decorating done as planned. Plus I didn't get to work on my cookie dough. It made me feel a little off and my Christmas Spirit was nearly non-existent. Thankfully, now I'm feeling better, I'm happy again about the holidays and I finished decorating everything but the guest room. I'm so glad that there were those wrapping parties else I would be behind on that too.

The only major thing I have left to do is shop for my Christmas Eve dinner party and purchase a few gift cards.

With the weather expected to be at freezing temps this weekend. My plans are to stay indoors, put on some Christmas music, finish the guest room and finally make that cookie dough. Will also watch some holiday movies inbetween.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Hi everyone! Wondered when you'd all come back. :) Hope all you folks in the US had a great thanksgiving!

Doing pretty well here - wrapping is about 75% done, decor is done, baking done, gifts to be mailed have been. Just have a couple of small gifts to get.

My first "Christmas" is this weekend - new nephew is 6 weeks old. He was little boy in the NICU for 4 weeks and due to preemie complications and emergency surgery, my kids haven't been able to meet him yet. I haven't seen him since he was 10 days old. So we are driving up on Sunday to spend a few hours - my kids cannot WAIT to see their new cousin. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Doing OK here. Gifts are bought and wrapped except for DS and I will wrap his this week. Tree is up, house is decorated but a real mess as it has rained here all week and there is washing everywhere. Did not decorate as much as normal and find that I like the simplier way I have done it this year. Took a few bags of stuff I did not use to the charity bin.

DD and I are baking at the moment, we have made fudge and bark and might make some truffles if we get time. She was meant to be at work but got called off because of the rain, it is nice to have her here baking with me.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm behind schedule and overwhelmed at this point....so much to do and so little time because of 9000 other things that take up our time.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm almost finished shopping. I haven't decorated in the house yet except for putting up the treee. All the gifts are wrapped except the ones I bought today and the two that are too big to go under the tree...way too big! I never did find the Christmas cards. I need to buy some and get those addressed and out.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
sopping just about done house has been done now have to get the rest of the cards in the mail today also have baking to do as well as joining in on our winter walk today lots of festivities here going to be a busy day.:santa::rudolph: