How are we doing???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have presents organised, made or bought for most at this stage. I need to complete a couple of crafts (literally, one night sewing could see 10 or more things finished), only 3 of which are NEEDED. I have to buy presents for 2 people - BIL and his wife, and one of my Granmothers - and have no ideas for either.

I have the presents back in the house now, with my wrapping supplies, so I can start that this week.

I have the cards bought, and will write them this week too.

I have the cleaning company organised to come this week (we've had builders, so I am giving myself that luxury this close to the holidays).

The decorations are also back in the house now too (had stored them for works) and we'll put them up this week. DH got the tree standing, and put up lights in window, while we were out yesterday.

All my bills are paid, old health insurance cancelled, money sorted for builder's final cheque, - all that general admin stuff sorted (and I have been scattered on that stuff recently).

And we are managing some magic too!!

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
I notice that there haven't been alot of posts recently - which tells me we are all verrrry busy right now! :)

So how is it going? Are you losing your mind? Are you rocking around your perfectly decorated Christmas tree already?

Or are you - as I suspect for most of us - somewhere in between?

:elf:

As for me, I'm mostly busy with my site & the Panthers in general, just going through a horrible season that WILL get better;)Now I'm just getting ready for the big day & what all we plan to do etc.....:merrychristmas:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Doing Ok!

:clothes:

So, at this point ... the cards are mailed off, the 2 boxed gifts to out of town are mailed off, tree is up and decorated, house has been decorated, the gift all wrapped and the Christmas music is playing ....

now, I haven't made ONE cookies yet! So, that is on the schedule this week and next! YUM!!

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Things are just about done here house is clean,most baking is done just have christmas cookies to do for christmas eve and have one more batch of fudge to do.gifts are done as well as stocking stuffers have to get fresh fruit for the fruit basket.Just enjoying the spirit of the season hope you all have a nice day.:santa::snowman2:

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Gifts are all bought now,just a few things left to wrap. I've still to do a "big" shop but that will be done next week. Cards are all written and those that need to be posted are away,as are any gifts. So I've nothing left to do now but enjoy the run up to Christmas :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have a few left to buy, wrap and make. Cards are done and out, cookies are done and 13 trays delivered. 4 left to be given out. Have one package to mail but won't do it till Friday night or Sat. a.m.. Always like to mail it later. They have always gotten it on time, so far. Food for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day brought all but like the green onions (cheese ball), bread, celery and cheese slices. Will make the several batches of punch up this week end (it freezes) and also the meatballs (they freeze). Stuff to do yet but we have the upper grip I feel!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Things here are just about done. I have one more type of cookie to make and my baking is done. I am going to get the kids to wrap DH's presents Friday afternoon as well as their gifts to each other. After that I am finished with Christmas prep.

The kids will be on vacation from school and we can enjoy their break relaxing and having fun.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I did some!

I have made two kinds of cookies so far!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
All good here. I have to make some more fudge and wrap DS's gifts but other than that that is all. Will have a busy week at my mums setting up her place. We will be having Christmas dinner there so I always go over and give her a hand to set up. She will be here on the 23rd for dinner so have to get a few things ready for that.
Besides that we are on countdown mode. Can hardly wait........

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I'm so happy to hear everyone's progress!!! I'm almost finished with all my Christmas prep. I'm planning on finishing up my wrapping after work and then baking this weekend...probably on Saturday. I also need to do my final cleaning of my house so it looks it's very best. DS is coming home from college this Friday so I really am aiming to get everything done before then, but I don't think that's a realistic goal. If I can get the wrapping done before that, I'd be happy and in good shape. Then all I need to do is bake and eat!! Yummm

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
We are a family of cheese lovers and DH got some wonderful cheese last night. We like to nibble on it over the Christmas holidays so that's another item ticked off the list :) Because we have a snow warning for N Ireland we are going to go out tonight and buy any non perishables for Christmas. We are aware that our Christmas plans may have to change due to the snow but whatever will be ,will be!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh! Cheese! That sounds good!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I just finished my gift wrapping. It is good to be on top of that so early.
A few food items will be purchased next week to complete that category.
The usual last baking closer to Christmas is scheduled to have the goodies freshest for my guys.
Some routine house cleaning and prepping of the guest room for our out of state son will fit easily into next week as well.
I think everything went very well this year.

Charlotte

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Well we did our "big" shop last night and managed to pick up a few things for Christmas that have great dates on them. DH will be out on Christmas Eve getting our turkey,so he'll pick up our fresh food then. There was a charity collection going on in the supermarket and they had a live band playing Christmas music. It was so festive!:)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello again, all! :)

Things are moving along - but there is still alot to be done!

I did get my Christmas cards mailed and packages shipped. I also got another round of cinnamon rolls in the freezer - some are thawing in the fridge as I type - will be icing several pans tonight for both DH and I to take into our workplaces tomorrow.

Wrapping is WAY behind, however! My girlfriend and I had to cancel our wrapping party date due to bad weather.

I have the table setup with all supplies and all gifts - just have to sit down and WRAP!!!

And then...10 days before Christmas we get two whammies...one big one little

Daycare provider wants to go down to 4 days a week instead of 5 - leaving us to find someone who will watch DS only 1 day a week - huge mess - not sure what we are going to do - but we have until after the holidays to finalize everything - just unreal

AND BIL informed us that they wanted to do a gift exchange this year - after 2 yrs of not exchanging because we ALL agreed it was silly to trade gift cards

So now DH and I have to scramble - kind of irritating - but whatever

I'm trying to take everything in stride, but this whole daycare thing has my stomach in knots - really making it hard for me to enjoy the season and DS's first Christmas!!! UGH!

But mind over matter!

Maximizing my time, on my lunch hour yesterday I bought another gift for DH, ran to Hobby Lobby for a stocking for DS and got some wrapping supplies at 50% while I am there - and finally shot to Aldi for a few groceries

Of course, OF COURSE, I forgot to get their version of Oreos - which means I can't make another round of Chunky Chocolate Gob cookies for DH until I go to the store again this weekend.

LOL - I really don't have time to make them until this weekend anyway!!!

Trying to keep on cleaning and laundry and dinners and lunches and everything in between!

We have a dinner out planned this Sat night with 2 other couples - we will be going to Carraba's (yummy Italian restaurant chain) and I can't wait!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

:santa:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
There's not much left for me to do. The decorations are up. I baked cookies this past weekend. Everything seems to be in order. I just have to wrap the gifts that arrived in the mail yesterday, pick up some gift cards and go grocery shopping for the Christmas Eve dinner party. I'm feeling pretty good that things are complete. With everything done, I'm feeling a little bored, lost - not sure. So to help keep my spirits up, I watch movies and play Christmas music.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Things are moving along, decorating done, cards done, shopping 99% done, need to finish wrapping tomorrow am, then on to the Junior High for candy cane sale, and dance chaperoning, then home, dinner, then out with friends. This weekend is house cleaning and party for DS 14th birthday, next week is baking week then on to Christmas! Woo Hoo!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I spent 3 hours wrapping tonight, so that's underway. I've even decided to let my perfectionism go and let my daughter help. That is HUGE for me!

I'm kind of stressing about dinner. I seriously haven't bought groceries yet. I've got to do that!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My shopping is finished. I have some cleaning/rearranging to do so everyone will "fit" when we start having things here at my house. I need to put away all the wrapping stuff, except a roll or two of wrap. Someone always has something last minute to wrap!

I need to grocery shopping and make some goodies to give away to neighbors, but I will do that Monday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just got those last minute things to do now. Have ordered bread from the bakery for pick up Christmas Eve. Need to wash serving dishes, put some drinks in the fridge to cool, give the house a bit of a going over, and decide what to give Santa for a snack. have to go to the bank and get cash for niece and nephew and put that in a card.

STILL need to wrap DS gifts but I will get to it I know. I have never not wrapped anything so I know I will get it done just not sure when LOL