How are we doing???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids finished their gift wrapping this afternoon. The platter for the music teacher get dropped off tomorrow. We will do a grocery shop next Wednesday for last minute and fresh items that we will need.

I may do some more baking or not. No pressure.

I am ready to hang out with my kids next week watching movies and chilling out.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
same here last minute shopping for those fresh things and a little more baking have to make another batch of fudge just enjoying the spirit of the season.:merrychristmas::fireplace:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally have DS's gifts wrapped. Made more fudge, it is a fugdy year. If I make more next year no-one will eat it.
Must do a mid week shop like everyone else for the fresh things and I am done. Really looking forward to just chilling out. Still have to work Monday and Wednesday and then that is it.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Finished wrapping all gifts. Went down my gift list and realized I missed two people. I will grab their gifts while I'm out grocery shopping. Today I am giving myself a good pampering.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Everything is now wrapped... Stockings are filled and hiding in the guest room.. Im off Wednesday and I will clean the house.. Thursday go to the Fresh market to pick up the meat I ordered and the other items for Christmas Day Dinner..

Friday... Christmas Eve.. we go to My moms.. that morning and early afternoon.. I will get a few things completed for my dinner Christmas Day and last minute table settings.

Only things I need to do over the next couple days having to do with presents is . Pick up some lottery scratch offs for DS and DSILs stockings.. go by the bank and get the cash for the stockings..

Im in really good shape.. Im thinking Wednesday when Im off.. clean early and get a group of girls to meet for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory for an impromptu Christmas outing.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Chugging along here! Shopping & wrapping is done. Cards went out last week, and all packages have been mailed. My dd & I just started baking today, would also like to make some fudge and chocolate covered pretzels...we'll see. Going to the grocery store to buy items for Christmas dinner and that should be it. I hope! Might run out tomorrow for a little gift for our neighbor...if it stops raining! lol

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
We've just our pre-ordered turkey and Yule Log to pick up on Christmas Eve. All other fresh food has been bought. Gifts are all wrapped, cards & gifts posted. The problem is N Ireland is having it's worst winter for 25 years so Christmas plans are having to be changed. We won't be able to visit my parents on Christmas Eve for their party so the day has been changed to the 27th and hopefully we can all get together then. Christmas Day at my In-Laws is looking more certain,thank goodness. DD10 finishes school tomorrow at 12pm, so it will really feel like the start of the holidays then :)

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Today is baking day, not too extreme this year, just a few goodies for family and friends. Tomorrow, finish wrapping DH gifts, Thursday going to make Santa cookies, and Friday the kids are decorating the cookies after shopping for a few little things for me with their dad, and they will grab any last minute stuff at the store! I will be home making clam chowder, and relaxing to Christmas music and just enjoying the day! We live in a quiet area, there won't be any mass hordes on Friday, thank goodness!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We are in the home stretch here. Last package shipped yesterday. Delivered gifts to coworkers today.

Tonight I will try to finish wrapping remaining presents for local gifting. I'll put away all the wrapping supplies and pack up the folding table tomorrow night.

Still need to bake cookies for daycare provider and neighbors. Have 2 types of dough in the freezer - will try to get 1 more batch/kind made tonight.

I'll bake tomorrow evening and gift on Thursday.

My sister will be joining us for Christmas Day - so I'm pulling together an impromtu dinner for all of us - but with all the grocery stock piling I've been doing this month from all the great deals there were I already have all the ingredients for several yummy side dishes in the house.

Just deciding on a main dish that doesn't require me to go back to the store again! lol Which means it must be chicken!

I found a yummy recipe for feta & bacon stuffed chicken that you coat in a breadcrumb mix and fry in a pan - ummm - I'm thinking that sounds quite yummo. I have all the ingredients too. I usually try not to experiment with company, but I am sure my sister won't mind.

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope things go smoothly for all!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Life has thrown me a curve ball in this last week of preparations. I was down to the last baking and cleaning which looked easy to accomplish. However, not all the cookie baking will get done before Christmas. I was really feeling down over the problem until I remembered that we plan on yet another day together as a family before our out-of-state son returns to AZ. My solution is to delay making the last cookies until next week which is still very workable for baking and sharing them with the boys.

Now I will continue the cleaning and prepare the guest room as much as possible. My sons know what is going on so they will be understanding and appreciative of any goodies available under the circumstances. Sometimes I am the one needing the attitude adjustment like is happening right now.

Charlotte

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I'm ready as well! The stockings are filled, the presents are wrapped, we cleaned house last night, the cookie baking is finished. I'm sending my husband out for a few last minute items and to pick up the ham we ordered. He also has to pick up cinnamon ice cream to go with the apple pie we're having for dessert on Christmas Day. My son and his girlfriend are driving in today and should be here sometime this evening! I'm so excited that Christmas is finally here. Thanks to everyone for all of the help and encouragement throughout the year. Merry Christmas everyone!

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
Failed!
I fell on the ice and broke a bone in my wrist three weeks ago, I was already behind at that point and am even worse now.
Next year i will keep up, then if disaster strikes I will hopefully still be in better shape than this year!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
snickerdoodle, you rock! I'm feeling okay. Having my daughter home and old enough to help, has saved me the last two years. I'm at work and I can still have her do some things. She washed the good dishes yesterday and finished the gift wrapping. I was still worried about the grocery shopping, but found out Thursday I'm only in the office for a bit. I had forgotten (and yes I do the schedule) and thought I had to answer phones all day. That made me feel 10x better, because I'll have time to get my grocery shopping done. With my daughter having finals in December, alot of the stuff we couldn't do and we're still fitting it into the schedule the week after Christmas. Today I'm going to finalize my menu and grocery list.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Oh, Goodelf, what a bummer! You certainly have a wonderful attitude about the situation. Thanks for sharing the lesson I needed this week.

I hope you are able to complete at least the most important details for your satisfaction before Saturday.

Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful ladies!

Charlotte

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow morning which will include picking up the last few foods needed for meals on Christmas Day.

The cleaning is done except for a couple quick last minute swishes in the bathroom on Friday. The guest room is ready and waiting for our son's arrival.

I'll bake pies tomorrow afternoon and ice the sugar cookies. I'm now quite comfortable with the decision to make the second type of cookies next week. Traditions are hard to switch but its okay for this year.

Year long planning and working at Christmas sure pays dividends and makes it easier when life throws curve balls at us.

Charlotte

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I can't believe it's all done!! I just have the usual tidying up and preprep for Christmas dinner which I really can't do too far ahead! I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist goodelf. This year may not be the Christmas you were planning for but as long as you are with friends and family I'm sure it will be great! Thanks to all that post year round, it certainly helped to keep me going!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!!