Jan. 3-16 Christmas Recovery Weeks

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Done! Done! Done!

Thanks all for this board which keeps me focused and making and setting goals! Yea me!

(Found one Christmas recipe book in my kitchen and one Christmas kid book in my DD6's room ... which the book Christmas box was pack up yesterday ... sigh ... oh well, I stuffed these books on the shelf NEXT to the storage boxes!)

[X] De-decorate living room and tree and ... mark the boxes!!!!

[X] Create or organize gift wrapping box/storage spot...put in new rolls of paper, tissue, ribbons, bags, etc

[X] De-decorate the kitchen and the dining room.

[X] De-decorate outside

[X] Marked some boxes with "kitchen X-mas" and "Outside X-mas" (Oooo, I'm so organized!)

[X] Create a gift closet

[X] Clean out Christmas notebook, print updated pages (even got cards addressed for next year!)

[X] Clean out refridgerator.....get rid of any lingering leftovers.

[X] Pack away holiday DVDs, music, books etc. (These are always under TV stand)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I want decorations for each room in their own box. So each day I am trying to sort, pack and label one box.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I like the idea of working on stuff for 2 weeks. Today I finished dedecorating and put it all away. My Christmas closet is a crawl space in my bedroom closet so it's nice to find my bedroom again after it was full of the boxes. Left I need to straighten out the Christmas closet shelves. I am saving my notebooks for the first Rudolph day. Now the stuff is put away I need to clean the floors are a mess.

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
We have a Snow Day here so i may go through my Notebook, also need to sort through wrapping paper and labels, what i have and what i need for this year, i need to get a proper bag really, it all gets stuffed in to a shopping bag!

Pamelajane

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Yes, 2 weeks is needed at my house too..everything seems to be packed away, I kind of wait a week before I actually stack the boxes in the closet because something always turns up-this year it was a Christmas welcome mat that had blown off the porch and was buried in the 16" of snow that we got here on 12/18-lol! But following Gingerbug's list, and seem to be on track, will pack the boxes away on Sat..

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Last night, there was a gathering at a home that had taken down the Christmas tree. But, the hostess had left up her "snowmen" decorations. Candles, and the flameless candles, in adorable snowmen holders. The tiny living room was painted creamy white and all the candleholders were white or cream -- with colored accents. The home felt very cozy and festive and welcoming. I believe that these were all "Christmas" decorations -- but they made the transition to "winter" beautifully!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Okay, here's my list. I'm not taking decorations down until Epiphany (Jan6) so I have time yet.

[X] De-decorate

[X] Pack away ornaments and decorations

[ ] Pack away holiday DVDs, music, books etc <I>DVDs are away. Books to be done today</i>

[ ] Pack away wrapping paper/ribbon/etc

[ ] Clean out fridge/get rid of lingering leftovers/wipe down inside

[ ] Wrap up finances from Christmas/ clear out wallet/deal with receipts/ etc

I'm getting closer. The tree is standing but it is bare and needs to be carried out to the garage. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here goes:

[X ] De-decorate

[X] Pack away ornaments and inventory boxes and locations (place in notebook)

[X] Create a gift closet

[X] Clean out Christmas notebook....just clean it out...will work on it Rudolph Day

[X] Create or organize gift wrapping box/storage spot...put in new rolls of paper, tissue, ribbons, bags, etc

[X] Clean out refridgerator.....get rid of any lingering leftovers.

[X] Pack away holiday DVDs, music, books etc. Note where they are located so you can use them on Rudolph Days

[X] REMINDER: Save envelopes from this years cards to update address list on January Rudolph Day!!! -

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
More progress made today.

DH cleaned the oven
I took off the wreath off the front door
I applied for my new passport (at last) and also started the process of applying for a SS #

It looks like we'll have a different set of house guests to stay over the weekend of 15th Jan - instead of my parents (previous assumption), it seems like the aunt who usually takes my sis (and now her 2 small kids), is not well at present so mum is angling to have us take the kids and my sis. Which is a lot more hassle than my parents (and they are bad enough). But I am sure I'll be the good little girl and grit my teeth and welcome them all with open arms.

I still have another 2 days to work on things before I really have to get organised for going back to work.

Jhoelle

MHH Member
Oct 25, 2007
I have l my decorations packed away but we have a family gathering last night and received a few more presents so I now have a few things to put away and then all traces of Christmas will be gone. I have snowman decorations up and the house doesn't seem as bare. I did leave out one Christmas mug for Rudy day. Next I need to work on my notebook and get it organized, this board is such an inspiration!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I still have some lingering items that need to go back into the garage. My dd is on her way back East, after spending her winter break with me, so I can now focus on getting this house straightened up...I will be in the garage tomorrow!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I just realized ---- we are all doing fine!!! This is NOT a race to put away our Christmas Stuff! This is a LOVING FAMILY.... of people that support and encourage each other! If there HAS to be a race.... we can race against ourselves!!!! We do not compete against each other!

I have a box labeled "Halloween". I don't know why it didn't get put back in the attic...... but, I am filling it up with leftover Christmas things! I figure.... it won't hurt to bring down a "mixed box" when I do bring down the Halloween things!

And, I realized..... I just don't care that the Halloween stuff is not "perfectly" put away. So what? The house looks great! Great is better than "perfect" to me!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
sparkleNana well put! It's great to encourage each other but we so often compair our selvles to every one around us (car, house, how neat it is, well decorated, dresses, hair, kids behaviour.....) why do it here also? As long as we get it done in a way that works for you great! It's so easy to get overwhelmed and say "why bother" if we try for somethign that is so out of the norm for us. Baby steps :) Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend. Today I sorted the tubs in the game room that cam out of my computer/craft cabinet. Now that we have shelves I need to put what I will use most, like out the rest can go on the shelf in our closet. I feel like I took stuff out of one tub to put in another but now the tubs all mean something. (like file, craft, sell, trash...)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Heaven Help Me....ending the second snow day and I still haven;t finished putting away Christmas....I have to find something to motivate me....YIKES

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, 2 weeks is needed at my house too..everything seems to be packed away, I kind of wait a week before I actually stack the boxes in the closet because something always turns up-this year it was a Christmas welcome mat that had blown off the porch and was buried in the 16" of snow that we got here on 12/18-lol! But following Gingerbug's list, and seem to be on track, will pack the boxes away on Sat..

Oh my! Under 16"!!!

For me, we've been stepping in and out the back sliding door ... on the Christmas kitchen rug ... and only today, it dawned on me ... that needs to be put away! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I just realized ---- we are all doing fine!!! This is NOT a race to put away our Christmas Stuff! This is a LOVING FAMILY.... of people that support and encourage each other!

Yes, yes! How do you tackle a big job? It's like eating an elephant ... one piece at a time!

Yuck, that's a terrible word picture! LOL

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
THIS weekend...... will be maintenance only! We work, work, work..... and then, if we're lucky, along comes fun! Soon enough.... we are back to work, work, work!

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Making progress!!!

Christmas Recovery:

Organize and clean out bins :

[x] Living room decorations
[x] Dining room decorations
[x] Kitchen decorations
[] Basement decorations
[x] Stuffed animals
[x] Ornaments

Take down decorations:

[x] Living room
[x] Dining room
[x] Kitchen
[] Basement
[x] Outside lights and decorations

[x] Take down and toss out tree
[] Update Christmas card list
[x] Stack boxes awaiting closet clean-out
[] Boxes to attic

[] Thank you notes made
[] Thank you notes written and mailed

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hmmmm.... I wonder if we can use this notes to work BACKWARDS from when we set up Christmas 2010 (ONLY 350 days to go!!!!) Or.... maybe this will inspire us for Christmas In July!!!!!

Gingerbug....... my BEST inspiration is having people over. (Houseguests are the Ultimate Best Inspiration). It would be nice if there were something easier..... the TIMER helps......