January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I seen this cartoon on sunday and thought of you all. I looked it up online, so here you go. I think you'll get a kick out of it!!

http://comics.com/pickles/?Page=4

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Right now I'm going through a huge stack of papers -- things I've copied off the computer (recipes, decorations, gardening tips, quilt patterns, etc.), that I'm sure I will never use. I just can't resist copying things! Then they sit for a year or two, until I go through them and throw most of them away! It's a sickness, isn't it? I might actually be able to use some of those ideas if I didn't spend so much time on the computer!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ah yes, the cartoon is exactly the way I'd like to declutter :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Lucie, I've been feeling that way for 3 days!! HUSBAND FOR SALE!!

UPENDI

Retire Member
Nov 21, 2009
Well, so far I am quite happy with my progress. I have managed to do a little bit each day, while keeping up with the regular maintainance stuff. If I can keep this up I should be clutter free and organized by July. Just in time to start again with a move and all the chaos that ensues. ;-)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, love that cartoon, very cute. I must say though I will keep my DH for a while yet, he has been really useful the past few days.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I'm with you SparkleNana. Real Life slows my progress down most times.

Last evening was my "Free" evening. DH and DS was out of town so I didn't even have to make dinner. BUT, when I looked at my Desk area that I want to declutter, it makes me want to turn and walk away. (or run) BUT, I did sit down and start. I only threw one thing away but that's one thing less to deal with. I did fill out several Birthday cards that I have to get in the mail. That takes time too if you want to personalize them. My next "Free" day will be Sunday. Back to the Desk area after church.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I have to admit that I don't have a lot to de-clutter, but why does this house always look a mess?? LOL Right now it seems that I have just stuff laying around, so that is what I will focus on. My dd left last night to go back to school, so today I will be taking down the Christmas decorations. I also want to make a plan and clean up our "hot spots", when all the junk seems to accumulate.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gave away 4 books today to coworkers (I still have way more to give but I have to bring them in and it's heavy). The only condition: do not throw away when finished, pass it on to someone else.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This morning... dh began to declutter his office. I quickly brought in a shopping bag for recycling things, a box for things to keep, and a bin for things to shred. He already had a trash bag. After a couple of hours.... he declared that decluttering was exhausting, boring work! But... he made VERY visible progress! Very encouraging to him and to me.

I did a bit of decluttering too..... while keeping up with routine things.

Patricia

Retire Member
Another box packed up! I agree with your husband, it IS exhausting work! I learned today to better discipline myself. I decluttered at the expense of my normal housework routine. Now, I am tired from decluttering and the house is a mess! Oh, well. It will all be worth it in the end!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Patricia.... it DEFINITELY is going to be all worth it in the end! I have to keep RELEARNING the lesson you learned today...... I MUST do the routine household things FIRST...... just because decluttering IS so exhausting...... and so sort of "deadening"...... it just takes away all the energy we need for regular household maintenance..... (which is A LOT, by the way!)

Sometimes.... I can sneak in little, tiny, short-bits of decluttering here and there..... during normal work stuff! Trouble is...... that kind of decluttering doesn't "show" as much as big chunks of decluttering does!

Well..... we're all in this club for the whole year!!!! And it IS getting better...... whether it shows... or not!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
SparkleNana, thanks for reminding me I have lots to shred!! I will get to that tomorrow!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Gave away 4 books today to coworkers (I still have way more to give but I have to bring them in and it's heavy). The only condition: do not throw away when finished, pass it on to someone else.

Good job to pass on those books.

This always looked like fun to me.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
SN I think that it is great that the men get on board. I am sure that you are not the only one responsible for the clutter, some of it must be his.

My DH has done everything I have asked of him in the past week, which is great. Next week he is back to work and his time will be limited. I am writing a list of things that he must go through,(his wardrobe, his desk drawers), with the condition that he can go through it when ever he wants as long as it is all done by the end of January. It will be interesting to see if he agrees to this. I don't want to nag BUT I also don't want all of the effort of decluttering ending up with little pockets of junk every where. NWIM?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmaslvr brought up a really good point..... the house can "look a mess.... no matter how much or how little clutter there is!!! The maintenance stuff..... when it is done, the house looks so much better! Just... frustrating.... when we are anxious to get to decluttering!

This morning, dh announced "Day Two of Decluttering"! Beautiful words to my ears! He is making room (in his office) for a big new project. That means.... books have to leave his office and go to other parts of the house. So... the "trickel down effect".... bookcases in OTHER parts of the house get cleaned and decluttered! (By me... but... so what.)

ANYTHING..... I mean ANY THING that keeps the "declutter enthusiasm" going.... is very welcome!!!!!

How are YOU doing?????