July 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Fell off the declutter wagon for a couple months but July will be a BIG declutter month for me!! So I wanted to get this thread started....what with Christmas in July and all

FOCUS AREAS: Laundry Room and Garage (hot weather premitting!)

What will you focus on for July???

:clothes:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
My basement will be my main focus because its what needs it the most. Ive been working on it lil by lil but havent made much progress. :( Good luck on whatever you may be tackling for July!

HUGS

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Ginger, I'm right there with you. Took a bit of a break, but once again, my daughter went through her room AGAIN before we pain it and we got rid of another bag of stuff. My goodness, I can't believe each time she's ready to part with more and more and other things she wants boxed up in storage for "later in life, when she has her own home".

But on my end, I'd like to work on the laundry room this month. Really focus on cleaning that up and purging. It's a mess in their. It's our luandry room, our food storage area and my husbands garage!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
July is the month to think about my older daughter's room. My main priority is to get her a cabinet or some drawers. She needs some extra storage space!!

Apart from that it's just getting rid of any broken toys. Not a difficult area at all, but I do need to sort out that cabinet :)

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My focus is going to be on getting the garage cleaned out. With Kayla starting softball yesturday we did get rid of two gloves that no longer fit, we just took them to practice with us and they fit two girls so now out of my house, while at practice she relized her bat was no longer the right size so that is gone too, we just donated that to the organization. I told Kenny and Kayla today we need to go thru the rest of the sports gear and get rid of it. I know there are at least 4 pairs of cleats that neither can fit into nor can my niece so the can go. Do we really need all the bats and balls we have, 5 basketballs, 6 footballs, a million baseballs and softballs. Old softball, football jerseys that no longer fit, baseball hats, softball visors (hmmm we get new ones everyyear). I don't understand how these kids aquire all this sports equipment year after year.

Now off to wash a pair of cleats Kenny wore last year for football to see if they will fit this year or go in the garage for his sister next year. Yes I do keep them for her since most cleats are universal and I spend too much money on good cleats so that they can be passed down.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have not done anything in forever either and am ready to get back into it. I am starting to feel crowded. I plan to get into the boys rooms and that will take around a 1 1/2 days each. Then I have no specific areas, Need to throughly clean the bedroom it's becoming a dumping ground again and then here and there around the house.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
KimD, That sporting gear is an issue with me too. I have 4 hockey players that both skate and play goalie, so we have 8 huge bags plus all their outgrown/older equipement. I was finally able to find homes for 3 sets of goalie pads, and set up a bin for each to air out their equipment after a game instead of them emptying their bag all over my floor. We still have a bunch of extra stuff, but some I need to keep for my youngest two, some they want to keep because they can use it to play hockey outside instead of ruining their good gear. Then there are all the broken stick pieces they come home with to modify into street hockey and knee hockey sticks. It all takes up so much space. I'm hoping to spend at least a 1/2 hour each morning in the garage then another focus area during the day. We are needing to put in new flooring soon, so I need to really work on decluttering the downstairs office, the big closet under the stairs, and a few other areas to make it easier (and less embarrasing) for the floors to be installed.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm going to jump in this month.

Everything needs a good going through.

Not sure what I will tackle first.

Annie

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen and I are on vacation nxt week~~so hoping the garage and shed. I washoping to do my closet and move stuff to Jaymee's but she still has stuff in her room. Closet and furniture empty but I am not sure what she is and isn't taking so hate to start putting stuff in drawers! I know from the garage and shed alot of crap will go to the garbage and Goodwill.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Hoping that my closet will be done this week, I will move on to my guest room closet. I have decluttered it before, but I am sure I can find more to give to Goodwill.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
JULY 2011! Tha is our month-long "energy boost".... of Christmas In July Pleasure.... here at our Magical Holiday Home!!!!! HURRAY!!

For the month of July..... my project will be the "new filing system" and general paper declutter..... in the office/guest room.

I had two BIG projects in that room..... from forever! One was to organize my closet.... and I DID IT in June!!! And... I am working on The Paper Monster now! THAT is my big project for July 2011 Decluttering!!

I think that decluttering paperwork is really hard work! You don't have great big trash bags to throw out!!! The most satisfying part is seeing the stacks and boxes of paperwork.... diminish!

Are you going to have one or two big goals for July..... or lots of littler ones!

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I'm tagging along for July. I need to finish whipping my sewing studio into shape, and the last thing on my list for that is the stash...ugh. I know I'll feel better when it's done, but man, what a pain!!! lol Maybe if I whine about it here I won't whine so much at home. lol

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
This weekend I'm going to work on my linen closet.

Everything needs to be pulled out- refolded.
This also is where I keep my cloth napkins and place mats. I have a plan for those: I saw some pretty wicker baskets at Target- I want to put them in those in sets.

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What a nice idea to put all the place setting items in little baskets. Would look so nice and be so easy to use. Then when you find something to go with the setting you also have a place to put it so it doesn't get lost until the day after you needed it. I need to do this for my monthly dinner items too. Thanks.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I was hoping to have the girls room decluttered and cleaned by today but since that didn't happen I am going to continue to work on this then the garage I want to also have the boys room done by the end of the month. I have alot of work todo in there since I want to get rid of their bunk beds and find some sort of desk for in there.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DD18 will be at church camp the first two weeks in July, and we have no appointments or other things scheduled for those weeks, so I can work non-stop. I hate being interrupted in the middle of cleaning.

For sure, I am working on the living room and our bedroom...we'll see after that.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Today I am going to finish up the girls closet with vacuuming and shampooing it. Clean out the attic and block off completely well sort of a huge piece of plastic is going to get stapled behind the door of the attic. Then going to figure out how I am going to organize this closet to get the full use of it for the girls. The more I can get out of there room the better. Then its to start on the monster they call a bedroom

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I've never joined this before but I think I will for July.

There are just so many things I'd like to tackle that I'm going to have to think what I'll have a bash at first.

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
This month my goal is to clean out my Husband's garage. It's the last place that hasn't bene gone through yet this year. We already did under the stairs and it doesn't seem like it will be too hard. One day's worth of work maybe. I'm sure there will be several weeks of trash though. I don't like to put it all out at once in hopes of not angering the garbage collectors. I've still got one more extra bag from the basement clean out to put out next week.