July 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
JULY 28TH - THURSDAY.

Yesterday...... I got 150 items Out The Door. That gives a total of 250 out of my goal of 1000.

Today should be a BIG day!!! Today is the day that we put the cans out by the curb. Trash cans and recycling cans. So.... Thursday is the day I usually give an extra effort. I am hoping to go through lots of paper today!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have already informed the two kids that are up they are helping me clean today so hopefully lots goes out the door. I just got to change out of my work clothes, then off to get things gone

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
GREAT Job SparkleNana!

Make sure you get a split of champagne so when you reach your 1,000 item goal you can toast yourself for a job well done!

Or, do you have another way you're going to celebrate your accomplishment?

KimD- Have a great day of decluttering! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SN you are doing so good!!

Mom just left so I gave her about 2 dozen aluminium plates (I have way too much), + all the aluminium pans I save from the Costco chicken low mein, + a dozen towels (too small for us). :) less stuff in the house!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
JULY 28TH - THURSDAY.Yesterday...... I got 150 items Out The Door. That gives a total of 250 out of my goal of 1000.

YAAAAHOOOOOO. One fourth of the way there. Great Progress.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
THANK YOU, sweet friends, for the encouraging words! Going through paperwork is so BLAH.... that it makes OTHER kinds of cleaning.... positively exciting.... in comparison!!!

I am "listening" to television.... to entertain myself while I do this paperwork stuff. But it is so DEPRESSING.... to hear the different "political sides" in the budget debate... to hear than CONSTANTLY insulting, deniegrading, calling each other names...... it's awful! I would NOT call this stuff "entertainment"!!!!!

So... working my way through the mountain of paper.

As far as the rest of the decluttering business....... absolutely the most helpful thing (to me) is NOT bringing more stuff in!

It has been so hot this summer that I have NOT gone to yard sales. I have even skipped my favorite half-price day at the Thrift Shop.... which happens every other Sunday. With the economic downturn... I have NOT been doing "recreational retail therapy". The book that I bought yesterday was one of the few non-grocery-store things that I have bought in quite a while.

(Always this disclaimer: people with children cannot stop buying stuff. Children genuinely need stuff!)

OK.... back to the paperwork!

And... with my goal for Christmas "Simple and Peaceful"..... I have cut out the "WOW! That is a great bargain! I'll buy it and THEN figure out who to give it to for Christmas." Too many of those things don't work out.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
July 29th, Friday. My on-going and current goal.... is to get 1,000 items Out The Door. And remember.... I am making this As Easy As Possible! Every piece of paper counts as one item. Well.... every piece of paper that needs to be read and acted upon...... not newspapers or other paper stuff!

Yesterday.... I got 200 more items Out The Door.

That makes 450 out of the goal of 1000.

Some goals show A LOT of decluttering progress.. Going through paperwork is NOT so dramatic. But it IS important... and I am working on it.

AnnieClaus... you were very good.... to suggest that I figure out a reward to ejnjoy when this goal is met!!!! I am thinking about: a trip to Michaels to spend time enjoying the holidays items they have on display. (I have never come across a Hobby Lobby. I should do a search and see if there is one that I have missed.)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
SN good job and little elf that's alot of shredding. This is so great to see the progress.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Wow SparkleNanna!! You are doing fantastically!!!

Little Elf - very inspiring!! I will need to shred a lot of my old papers in the next few weeks...

Keep it up ladies!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
July 30th!!!! Saturday!!!

Hi Minnieco and Saquilla! I think that AUGUST 2011 is going to be a GREAT month for decluttering! What do you guys think?

Little Elf.... that WAS a lot of shredding! Good for you.... for doing the work and getting it Out The Door!

OK. Yesterday..... I got 150 items Out The Door. (Mostly paperwork.... that had been read and dealt with!) That makes us up to 600 of the goal for 1,000 Items Out The Door! I am p0raying for interesting television to watch while I work. It is going to be........ HOT outside. So... what else is new?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Television has been TOO INTERESTING! I turned on CNN at 6:00..... and the elected officials in Washington are fighting bitterly on the Senate floor! Meanwhile the clocks moves towards August 2nd!!!! Yikes!

On the decluttering front.... the paperwork goes on. My goal is to get 400 items of paperwork read and shredded and Out The Door!!!! Then I will have hit 1000...... and I will take AnnieClaus's idea and have A Reward!!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I've been working a little on DS's closet. I'm making a little progress. I keep getting distracted. When I look at it, it really wasn't that bad. He had it organized. I think I just find it hard to pack it all up because then for sure I know he's an adult and not coming back home to live.. There were a few obvious things I knew I could toss, but I'm sorting it out into a bag so he can go threw it when he visits. SparkleNana and Little Elf what a great job you are doing!!That is really a lot of paper to get rid of. I'll bet your homes are smiling right now!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Merry... what you are facing with your son's clothing is a very sad and painful process. Please be gentle with yourself!

Wow..... when AnnieClaus suggested that I give myself a reward for reaching my goal..... I had no idea how much inspiration that would give me!!!!! I kept going until 400 pieces of paper were read and dealt with (trashed or shredded or reorganized). I wouldn't stop until I hit the goal..... although I DID stop for frequent breaks during the day. AND.... I was helped along by some new TV shows of "Hoarders".... and also some dramatic scenes from the Senate floor... broadcast live.

Today.... I PLAN TO CLAIM MY REWARD! And.... to enjoy our First Wrapping Party of the 2011 Christmas Season!!! Yah Hoo!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
July 31st! Last day of July!

I DID claim my recent "Decluttering Reward". I decided to check out the best Dollar Store... before going to Michaels. Well.... it's been SO LONG since I've been to a Dollar Store.... I SPENT A LOT OF TIME THERE. i got some big, beautiful felt pumpkins... and a bunch of other things. (Including small Christmas gifts for the grandchildren.)

After returning from the nice errands this morning.... I have returned to paperwork. I am not "counting items" and am not working towards a goal today. Just working... and watching TV... and going to the Wrapping Party Chat Room.

I have a "generally good feeling" about the decluttering accomplished during July!

On to August! Yay us!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been working a little on DS's closet. I'm making a little progress. I keep getting distracted. When I look at it, it really wasn't that bad. He had it organized. I think I just find it hard to pack it all up because then for sure I know he's an adult and not coming back home to live.. There were a few obvious things I knew I could toss, but I'm sorting it out into a bag so he can go threw it when he visits.!

Make yourself a lap quilt out of some of his clothes. Then he will always be laying around for you to touch.