July Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
It's here! Christmas in July is finally here! Can you believe it? It's almost as good as the month of December!

The choice is yours...will you party with CIJ all month long or will you hold out for your oh so special to you Rudy day on the 25th of July? Or, do both!!!!

Those of you who have Christmas dinner on the 25th of this month tell us all about it! What are your plans, who is coming, what is on the menu, will you decorate?

So much to talk about and only 5 more Rudy days left until the BIG Rudy day gets here!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm celebrating all month. I already have a Scrapbooking party planned for the 31st, but I just emailed a couple of my friends to see if they want to have a nice "Christmas" dinner on the 25th. It is on a Sunday, so that's perfect!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Well...... July Rudy Day will be special.... because QVC beings their Christmas programs then! Actually - all weekend, I believe!

Also -- Rudy Day is pretty close to the END of Christmas In July! So...... if we have accomplished A LOT of Christmas Prep by Rudy Day..... then we can have Rudy Day for celebrating!

Today is July 1st! I SHOULD be celebrating Christmas In July! AND.... hopefully I WILL begin celebrating soon..... but first..... A NAP!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be spreading CIJ out all month. I have got a list of things that I really want to get done this month. Some of it is just finishing crafts so that they can be checked off the list. I want to wrap all of the stocking fillers that need wrapping. I don't wrap everything, so that should be do-able. I really need to go through my gift closet and just really check if I am on track and if not get a cracking. Our wrapping party starts August 1st.

July 25th we are having a CIJ dinner here. The menu is
Roast chicken, with gravy, sweet potato, pumpkin, potatoes, beans, corn, carrots and onion. Yorkshire pudding (the frozen type) and hot bread rolls.
For dessert my DH pineapple and fruit cake served hot with whipped cream, custard or ice cream (or all 3), and a chocolate icecream pie topped with crushed candy canes.

We will be having a cheese and fruit plate after and for drinks, hot apple cider, hot spiced wine and of course hot chocolate.
There will be a few presents given out to each guest and there will be party bags in a Christmas theme for the guests to take home.

I will not really be decorating, but the table will be set with my best china and the dining room will be lit by candle light.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina,

Your dinner sounds wonderful. What time should I be there and can I bring anything?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel you are more then welcome. Guests are arriving at around 6pm. Please bring Big J so he can do the dishes. I notice on your blog that he has been practicing.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sweetpumpkinpie... that CIJ supper sounds like lots of fun! Enjoy!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mel you are more then welcome. Guests are arriving at around 6pm. Please bring Big J so he can do the dishes. I notice on your blog that he has been practicing.

Katrina,

He did them again tonight. I am seriously considering having him checked out by a doctor.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
On July 25, I'll be visiting my sister in Maine, and I just know we'll be in my favorite yarn store -- Halcyon Yarns in Bath, Maine. I'll be looking for yarn for Christmas gifts, as well as yarn to put on my own Christmas list. I'll be visiting another favorite yarn store in Freeport, too -- Grace Robinson. Worthy stops for Mainiacs or Mainiac-wannabes, like myself. I'll also hit the Crabtree & Evelyn outlet and L.L. Bean for some serious Christmas shopping.

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I am so bummed! My nephew is getting married on the 24th. So I'm traveling up to Minnesota for the wedding. Which means I'll be up there from the 23 until the 26th! We'll be busy doing family things & celebrating the entire weekend & I don't think I'll get a single minute to myself to do any Christmacy things! I am REALLY hoping that I can at least catch a few minutes of QVC CIJ!! Boy, when I get up there, don't think I'm not gonna let my nephew know how he messed things up for me this month!! LOL!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Well... I'll be reviewing my gift plans and seeing what I have to wrap for our first wrapping party. I hope to trial some recipes as well.

Looking forward to it - I need to get extra organised now since I'm back at work full time. It's going to be a challenge getting everything done around that, a baby, a toddler and a house which needs to be sorted too.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I've been working on the MHH Rudolph Day page. I've given each month a focus and also another task. It's just a framework obviously but it helps me to stay focused. You can check it out at:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/?page_id=189

I am also starting to rework the Monthly Magic pages and lists....after trying them for a couple years I decided they were a bit cumbersome....so I'm starting with January and revamping them....:) So for 2011...we will have new lists (I'll keep a lot of the stuff not starting over from scratch). Just trying to SIMPLIFY!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
GB....Simplifying is always a good thing. We often have to take another look at things to see if we can simplify and make things better. Thanks for all of your hard work in making our home here what it is.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Ginger - I love the new Rudy Day page! Thank you for all you do!!!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Loving the new page! Looks awesome!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks Ginger! I love having a suggested focus each month. I don't always do it, but it's nice to have a plan! I too appreciate all the work you do to keep this site happy and healthy. You are the best!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I love CiJ! But I tend to just celebrate Rudy Day but I watch the Christmas movies that are shown every weekend during the month. I also make sure I'm home during the QVC Christmas shows,that's when the countdown to Christmas REALLY starts for me!