July Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
It's good to be back. I've been spending a lot of time with friends and family. However now I'm getting tired of summer (it's been extremely hot) and am ready to get the holiday planning going.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hi Aggy! I'm am OVER summer. I'm happy that football starts soon and that the schools supplies are out and that plastic pumpkins are coming out. That gives me hope that summer is near it's end!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
News from "The Road" -- I just went into a big Wal-Mart -- and the entire entrance area was full of SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!!! YAY!!! (Sorry children -- just celebrating a sign of fall!)

AND - we stopped in a Cracker Barrel earlier this week -- and INDEED! they had a beautiful table full of Halloween treasures!

I know that these early sightings have been reported before this, at our MHH -- and I was looking for them! And it was wonderful to see them!!!!!!

JULY RUDY DAY is this weekend! AND... many are celebrating for the entire weekend!! (Really.... "parts" of the entire weekend....)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I received my first "Halloween" catalog the other day - from Touchstone. It's too pricey, but it was nice to look at! DS is already planning where the Halloweeen decorations are going to go this year!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Looking forward to everyones Ruldolph Day = Christmas in July celebrating :)

I am not a summer person, the weather is making me feel wilted!

I plan on a trip to a Christmas shop, followed by lunch, and an afternoon of shopping for Christmas card supplies !

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Our local Wal-Mart had school supplies out as well. You should have seen the look on my son's face. I almost did a happy dance right there in the store!!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I have a four day weekend and am looking forward to celebrating Christmas in July as much as possible. I have 6 new stockings cut out and ready to embroider and sew. I hope I can get them finished tomorrow. I have a couple of gifts that I'm working on after I finish the stockings. I'm still getting stocking stuffers together. I have several things bought and have a few more things to pick up. I should be able to finish this weekend and then wrap them at our wrapping party on Aug. 1 and have stockings finished except for oranges and candy. Wow, that will be a first!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Snickerdoodle --- HOW FUN!!!!! I am so happy just reading about what you have done/are planning!!!! That's the spirit!!!!! :merrychristmas:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I forgot about some previous plans for this Sunday, so I had to postpone my CIJ dinner till Tuesday. But we're still on, just not on Rudy Day!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Don't you find that you add stuff to the stockings if you get it all now. Like little christmasy things?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
MinnieCo....that is definately a lure....adding little Christmasy things....here's how I solve the problem...

AFTER CHRISTMAS SHOPPING.....I buy any little Christmas items that will be used for stockings...then throughout the rest of the year I look for the other items,..when the shelves get stocked for the current Christmas season....I remind myself that I'm going to look for those items AFTER Christmas....at 50-75% off.

If I see something EXTRA special I might go ahead and get it but that is happening less and less...whenh I can find oodles of stuff on clearance after the holiday

RUDOLPH DAY.....2 days away....and I have a special surprise!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Surprises are fun!!!!!

Are you having a Rudy weekend? A Rudy Sunday? I've been have a Rudy month I think! Tomorrow I hope to work on Christmas cards. What are you going to do?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
once again I will be out of town when it come to Rudy Day. Maybe tomorrow when I am driving to my parents I will listen to some Christmas Music. I have some on my ipod already. I did pack my box to work on Christmas cards, take 2 since I had to change my first plan. I was at Red Box and they had 4 Christmas' when I was going to rent it I had the option of buying it for only $5 so maybe I'll get to watch it at the beach. I saw on the thread it didnt' get great reviews by some of the people here. Guess I'll have to watch and see.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Ginger, that's how I collect alot of items for my swaps as well, so I guess maybe I'll start looking for the smaller stocking stuffers to. Just looked over them!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Good Morning and HAPPY RUDY DAY!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a good one :)