June 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tomorrow is June 1st........ The beginning of our 6th Month of the 2011 Declutter Club! Wow!!! A year is a long time...... and A LOT of "real life" happens during a year! We really, really need a year for our Declutter Club!

Are you thinking about June yet?

For those of us in the northern hemisphere...... many of us are entering June with record-breaking heat and humidity! May I propose that we keep that fact in mind..... as we set goals for ourselves? Simply staying alive and staying relatively healthy is a very worthwhile goal for extreme times!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My goal for the month of June is try to get as much of this house decluttered as possible and have a huge garage sale the last weekend of June, since beginning the second week of July is full force football and cheer 6 days a week on top of softball. I also have my baby girls birthday party and boys graduation party to get thru the first weekend of July Uggh why do I do this to myself.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
All my focus is in my Scrap Studio. Will be blessing others with what I have not been using or do not have a plan to use it soon. Just because it's beautiful and full of possibilities doesn't mean I should keep it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My focus will be the unfinished area of the basement where we have most of our storage.

There are stacks and stacks of totes in there to be dealt with! We put our house on the market (briefly) and in order to make things look less cluttered, I packed up all of my craft supplies.

I need to go through everything and donate the stuff I am just never going to use.

There is plenty of other "stuff" down there that needs to be cleared up as well. Lots of Christmas decor, most of which I'll probably keep - but there are probably some things I could stand to donate.

If nothing else, I need to make sure everything is well labeled!

The light is out in one corner of the basement too - which makes it hard to see what I am doing - must get that fixed too!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I have two things that I really need to focus on. One is I really must go through my closet and declutter my clothing. The other is I still need to declutter my Christmas crafts. I don't know which to do first.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Go for the closet. It will make a dramatic difference in your life.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Just thought I'd share an update about my friends home. It's rather depressing, but my friends mother passed away early Monday morning. So our plan to have it decluttered and back in order when she came home has now shifted to having to declutter, pack up her things at some point and decide where's he's going and what he'll take with. It really just doubled the job, so I've come to realize I'll be spending a huge portion of my summer at his house helping. There is no other family, so my help is all he has. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I'll need to come up with a plan that will keep my household going and allow me the time I need to work at his home.

So my photos are still going to be delayed even longer, because we obviously didn't work on the house over the past 2 weeks with her being so ill in the hospital.

You gals keep up the good work. For those of you who are older, just remember the blessing you are giving yourself, as well as your spouse or family!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
MinnieCo,
I know your help is a blessing to him. You have a calling to do this job.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It's very nice of you to do that for your friend Minnico. I'm sure he appreciates with all he's going through.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
MinnieCo, How very sad for you and your frieind. He is very fortunate to have you as his friend. I'm sure you will come up with a workable plan.
Ahorsesoul, thank you for your advice! I never really thought about how dramatic a difference in my life having clothes closet declutter would be! Your so right! I think about that now each time I need to go into it. I think I will do the trick some suggested a while ago, about leaving a bag in the closet and each day just tossing a few things in!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I did go over to a friends house yesturday and got talked into helping dig out her bedroom. Nothing done in my house yet. But as soon as I am done here, things are going to start going starting with my pantry. I need to finish getting groceries and there is no room to put them since not only food ends up in the pantry but so does everything else. Bags, plastic, unused small appliances(due to no cupboard space) kids craft supplies that aren't used up at the moment. Just plain everything so that is the first item on my list today. Now to go dig the sewing machine out of one of my bedroom closets to make that bag thing

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HELLO CLUB MEMBERS!!!!!!!! Today is Sunday, June 5th! I think that....... not much..... decluttering has gone on (by me),,,,,, so far in June 2011! So..... I will grab a trusty black trash bag..... and see what I can do today! It is ALREADY after noon........ and we are leaving at 4:30 for dgs#2's bseball game!

How're YOU doin'?????????????

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm having fun decluttering items over to DD house. We've always stored her seasonal items here. Now she has room for them at her new group home. On whole bin decluttered today.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Craftylady I was on your blog and you sure make me miss my cows. Probley 10 years ago I switched from cows to apples and now I want my cows back, my mom told me she would strangle me because of the money she spent on my cow stuff that I got rid of.

Yesturday I declutter a set of curtains well really only about half of them since I used the other half to make a bag holder. So not all left the house but I am happy with what I used them for.

Today hopefully it will be about 6 sets of lace curtains going again most of them, this year is the year for my youngest dd to be in the lip sync at school, 5th graders do this as a tribute to leaving 6th graders, her and her best friend are doing this together and want lace skirts so I am using them for this. I have dyed them to a color they like they were supposed to be black but didn't work that way. Also as soon as oldest ds gets out of school one screen door will be gone and another put on. He had to work with my parents yesturday so mom got overruled.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yesterday..... I started MORE decluttering in the kitchen! When it is hot....... I want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible! THAT makes me feel like.... getting EVERYTHING out of my way...... So I can just get in and do what I have to do...... and get out fast!

WHATEVER give me ANY inclination to declutter...... I GRAB IT!!!!

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
KimD I've been collecting cows since I was in high school. It all started with a little cow that I put in my first car (and now he's been in every car since then). I have so many cows now that I'm really picky about getting new ones. There has to be something unique about it for me to buy it. Last year I actually weeded through my cows and got rid of a small bag of them, which is huge for me because that's one area I never got rid of stuff from.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm doing the same thing with my Mickey Mouse stuff. I wuoldn't say I'm OVER it, but I'm being much pickier. I don't need every little Mickey and Minnie item. Thats for sure. But I will say, things like my Mickey Blow up pumpkin I had out last year make me smile. I replaced my mickey paper towel holder and I getting ready to purge my cookie jars. They are chipped some, otherwise I probably wouldn't. I'm just tired of my house overall. It's not changed in so long, I'm ready for a change EVERYWHERE!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
The thing about collections is once you start one, it's all you ever get for gifts.

My mom started collecting pigs. Oh my! That's all she ever got! She finally had to say: No more pigs (our house was getting overrun with them). My Aunt and SIL still get her one every now and then.
My mom got rid of most of her collection.

My SIL collected hippos- same thing.

Annie