June 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Just came from mom's and brought over 4 big tubs of holiday stuff these are things my sis bought while working at cracker barrel years ago and stored in mom's craft room, 2 Christmas 1 Halloween and 1 mixed with Easter and 4th of July!

There is still a ton of stuff to go through at mom's but we're slowly working on, now to find room in the shed out back to stash these tubs for sis...that will give her at least a week before her DH discovers them and freaks..he thought she had to much holiday stuff already.

I also brought over the Elmo Tool Bench, blocks, and puzzles for Little Bit to have here. They'd get more use here than at mom's especially with it being summer time.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I hit up the thrift store to drop off two bags of odds and ends plus a dry erase board. Only came home with 6 shirts. Two I will keep, two for dd and two tooooo small which will go back to the thrift store.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
6 bags of clothes were dropped off at the drop off place last night. Plus 12 bags to side of house for garbage this week my garbage men are going to love me. Might have sale again today depending on weather. What doesn't go will be dropped off at thrift store this week. I am going to reclaim my garage.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Kim - you are doing a GREAT job!

Once I get home I get to start again decluttering mom's, I'd really like to "find" the craft room finally. Even after moving the 4 tubs out of there yesterday it's still just a path into and out of the room, I asked mom when the last time she got to use the room for actually doing crafts and she said umm 4 or 5 years ago!!!!!

I also want to re-arrange my bedroom and see if I can find any space at all for an organizer unit to hold my yarn and such, right now it's all just stuffed in boxes in the bottom of my tiny closet. I could use mom's craft room once it's cleaned out but there's no A/C or Heat in that room so would be miserable going into during extreme heat/cold..hmm maybe I can look for a used cheap a/c window unit to put back there and can always use a space heater during the winter.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tuesday, June 14th! We have a YEAR-LONG DECLUTTER CLUB for 2011!!!!!!

And.... WE NEED IT!

The Club is here.... whether you are here.... or not.

So.... you can "drop in" and "drop out" and "drop in".... all year!!!! I DO!!!!

Tomorrow.... 6/15/11.... I will "drop in" again!!!!!!

Tomorrow.... I will grab my trash bag.... and start decluttering again!!!!!

It is almost "addicting"..... to move towards....... MORE space. More OPEN space.

We LOVE our"stuff". BUT.... we LOVE our.... "open space" too!

Tomorrow.... I will NOT be doing "philosophical thought"!!! I will be trying to get stuff OTD (Out The Door)!!!!!!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im so glad Im found this thread....I just made my way back to MHH after being away for a lil while.

I really wanna get my house in order and reclaim some space. I moved about 7 months ago and everything looked so nice and uncluttered now after 7 months of bring in and not taking out i can feel the clutter creeping up its taking a toll on me so time to Declutter...

I found a great site Ive been reading tonight ( http://orgjunkie.com/ )... Already making a list and some plans for tomorrow cant wait to share my progress with all of you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not had too much time to devote to clutter lately. Yesterday though I went through my closet and got rid of a bag of summer stuff that I has not worn for the past couple of years. I have just spent an hour outside weeding the driveway and paths. I looks cleaner so I suppose we can call that decluttering

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I declutter a few things yesterday and got all that garbage to the road I am hiding when the garbage men come today and going to get ready to put that much garbage out again next week

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yeah, make those men wonder what's going on!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Kim when I pitch like that all i can think is that my garbage man and my neighbors are probably thinking Im a hoarder....LOL I am a hoarder but only with Christmas items and makeup... :D

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im going to tackle the livingroom coat closet first... some how (kids, but no one is fessing up) everything in there is on the floor and a million things that dont belong have just got stuck in on top of the mess.... ughhh

Also going to go stock up on storage tubs today and some other items to help me declutter and organize. I would really like to get all the stuff thats in my basement in Cardboard Boxes out and into plastic storage tubs by the end of summer.

Hope everyone has a great day

Hugs

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well garbage men didn't throw my cans today they set them down nicely on thier sides so that means the good one was working today or my cousins husband was on the truck, he is the head of the DPW and when hes short he works on the garbage trucks. So I guess I got lucky today. Now the recycleable truck to get here, theres just as much reycyclables as there was garbage.

Jackie my kitchen coat closet is like that no on fesses up here too so I guess, not me and I don't know does it. That needs to be tackled here too, I know that backpacks and school bags from the beginning of the year are in there that need to go they get new ones for Christmas as well as beginning of the year. Heck they probley still have stuff in them.

The rest of this weeks and weekend plans are to finish cleaning out the garage and claiming part of it for my craft area, I am having stuff all over the place when it comes to my crafts.

Now off to help my mom declutter and clean this rental that the people destroyed and left just about everything for her to get rid off. Luckly the garbage men out there are great and spent 20 mins takeing stuff last week for her and are going to have about that todo again today and she even helped them put the stuff in the garbage truck.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday, June 15th! At THIS stage.... I can't really declutter....... because the house has filled up with routine, "daily-living-stuff"!!!!! A couple of days recently were over 105 degrees (heat/humidity index).... and I was wiped out and spent a lot of time resting/watching TV. Then... we had a lot of "events".... various social events; the funeral and going to the home afterwards; helping take care of the granddog and water plants, etc........ while dd's family went on vacation, etc. etc. Oh.... and important paperwork/financial things to take care of! Things just "piled up" here at home!

So.... today is one of those frustrating "catch up" days! You work hard all day..... and at the end..... the place just looks like the way it SHOULD look normally! Keeping things nice is SO MUCH BETTER.... than trying to get back... to "nice"!

The washing machine and dryer need to have their loads removed and switched. I feel like I am plodding "under water". Which reminds me.... I REALLY will be "plodding under water".... at 1:00 today. Water aerobics.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thursday, 6/16/11. Today is the day that we put the trash and the recycling out..... for pickup early tomorrow morning. I ALWAYS want to get those bins as full as possible....... so that is my incentive for today! Do you have an incentive for today? Or for this week?

Slowly..... slowly.... doing the routine stuff..... maintaining...... is becoming actually "routine" for me. Pretty much. But.... I always need an "incentive" for decluttering!!!!! How about you?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've got a car load of stuff I haven't dropped off yet. Guess I better do that!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
:thanksgiving3: I just don't know where to begin - Again! When I first started with the decluttering, I started with Paperwork. There is so much of that, I get discouraged and don't do it. I'm not like that at work, but at home - I just have a hard time getting started and staying with it.

Today is my last day of school for 5 weeks. Although I will be babysitting the grandkids Alot, I'm hoping to get some things around the house accomplished. I use to tackle a major project every summer. Not anymore. We've lived in our new house for 2 yrs this August and I haven't even finished unpacking. I know that sounds terrible, but life's circumstances hasn't permitted me with the time to do it. I still have about 60 boxes in the Mancave that need to be unpacked. Someone said "you must not need those items, just throw the boxes away". BUT - it's my personal things like pictures, cookware (I've been managing with only the basics), Christmas decorations (I have also found that less decorations actually look better), etc. So in addition to paperwork, I'm hoping to hang new curtains in the downstairs bathroom, living rm, dining rm and kitchen (which I've had for a year but not the time to hang them), shampoo the bedroom carpets and tackle some of those boxes.

Wish me luck!!

Last edited: