May Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Frog Princess.... this forum IS the perfect place for you and your decluttering goals!! We encourage each other! And we are grateful for every step.... every BABY STEP!!! Whaever we get OutTheDoor is NOT a problem for us any more!!!!!

I find that the more times I go through a room or a closet.... the more things I find that I want to part with!! I don't know why I change my mind.... from..."Keeping that".... to "NOT keeping that". Somehow... things change. Our opinions change! That is a good thing!

It is the first Friday in May. I like to work outside in May. BUT... I REALLY like the results of getting stuff OutTheDoor. So... a bit of both today!!!! How about you?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wow, 17 bags. Nice job.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Litle Elf.... do you think we will EVER get beyond "having a dumping place"???? One can dream!!!!

Saturday, May 7th. I took another big bag to the Thrift Shop. They have one room.... at the back.... where you brng donations. It was REALLY full today! A LOT of people must be doing decluttering! When this Thrift Shop has too much stuff.... they call Goodwill or the Salvation Army.... and they send out a truck and fill it up!!!
y Grand Plan! If I have any energy tonight.... when it gets dark.... I will ty to do some "inside" decluttering!!!

This is the first week of the Summer Holiday Grand Plan. I am working on the front porch and bck porch. If I have any energy left when it gets dark... I will try to do some decluttering... inside.

Baby Steps, gosh darn it!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got DH to do his part of the closet. 1 big bag to donate, 1 big bag he cut up to make rags for the garage. I got rid of 1 shirt of mine too. More space in the closet!

Now on to the entry closets... hmmm... maybe some coats could be donated. Be back on that

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I haven't been ignoring your questions, but this girl is worn after this past week. First a weekend away last week, then down doing the decluttering job and another 2 days of fun out and about. I'm so thankful I have no where to go tomorrow on mothers day. THANKFUL!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm picturing you tossing them on the street!! literally!! LOL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have stuff on my love seat that I just took out of my room when folding clothes to take to my mom for younger sister, and then stuff she can take to church to use in childrens church, then also have a large sack of egg cartons to take to my ex BIL. So will get some stuff moved out today.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good Work, Everybody!!!

Today..... I did NOT get my goal done...... to get one big trash bag of clutter OutTheDoor..... and do that every day in May! A lot of other stuff got done today.... but not that.

So.... tomorrow I will try to get Two bags OutTheDoor! Tomorrow happens to be "Move It Out Monday"....... or we make serious plans for another day that week!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Yesterday, DD14 and I cleaned in her room. We ended up with two bags of clothes that are going to the thrift store tomorrow. And, oh my, the shoe boxes we threw away! I plan to clean/declutter ...15 minutes... at a time...in other areas in her room the rest of this month. SHHH! Don't tell her. lol

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wow, I'm so impressed with everyone getting bags and bags of stuff out of their houses. Keep up the good work! This weekend I almost managed to finish cleaning out from under the spare bed. We got rid of tons of old computer CDs and floppy disks (who has those anymore?). I was able to fit the few keepers into the CD albums that are in the computer armoire. I have a few more computer related things for Hubby to go through tonight and I'm going to go through the last bin under there today and put it in the cleaned out closet. This will be the first time it's empty under there since we moved in 11 years ago. Good luck moving stuff out today, everyone.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
lol! Minnico... it would be fun literally throwing things out the door.. but the mess! ;)

1 pair of boots out the door today.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Craftylady, Love your cow picture!!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Lucie, it would be cool to just have one big pile somewhere, to see just how much one could get rid of. And then....a BON FIRE!!!! Remember when the world was allowed to have those. So much fun in High School.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Minnico - yes, that was fun! at the end of the school year, burn everything!

I just delivered that big warm winter coat to the shelter near where I work. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday... May 10th!!!

Missjane... I think it is brilloiant for you to do 15-minutes a day in dd's room... especially since you got her to declutter her room, with you, this weekend!
CaftyLady... getting that stuff out from under the spare bed must feel incredibly good!
Hi luludou, MinnieCo, Lana and luludou! Hi Everybody!!!

Ysterday I caught up on my May goal... and got two trash bags OTD! For some unknown reasons.... this is working for me.... right now. I say.... GO FOR IT.... when things work.... even if you don't know why they are working!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Going to clean and declutter the office today! Wish me luck, bringing the garbage bags in, hopefully full when they leave!!!