May Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Thank you it has been 2years coming since he has been out of work he has taken the wrong road and this is better for all of us.

Ahorsesoul I am making a appointment with the doctor today for next week for Chantix it worked for my dad that and knowing with the anurism in his heart he knew he had to quit. I am lucky though I am not alone in that part there are 5 of us at work that are going todo this together. Work is the hardest because thats when I want them.

I did get some things done in the kitchen mainly the table cleaned off. I had no clue the last time we had sat and ate at the table and under everything I found that my valentines table cloth was still on so I am thinking we haven't seen the table since at least Feb. 24th on Marandas birthday since I leave Valentines until then like my mom leaves her Christmas tree until Feb. 25th since thats what Randa wants.

Just got home from work which I found out that it is almost impossible to change my hours, because the only person that wants my shift is working at a different store for a few weeks, I need to be home to get the kids off to school we had a problem that I got called home for also on Monday because of a parent that lives on the street screaming at my Kayla, I got home and there were cops up and down the road because 3 people called 911 for her doing this. Makayla told Kenny to shut up because he was annoying her and this lady started screaming at her telling her to never tell an adult to shut up I guess it got so bad that Kenny pushed Kayla back and took the brunt of the yelling for her. I love that my kids can be so mean to each other but they always have each others back. My friend heard her screaming and ran down to the bus stop, this lady told Kayla to go home and cry to mommy. My friend said her mommy wasn't home so this mommy was going to take care of her. They would not allow us to press harassement charges on her, but she was charged with indecent exposure to a minor, this 42 yr old mooned my 11yr old daughter. Which one of the officers that is a friend of mine would be a harder charge for her to get out of. He was also the one that finally talked Makayla into going to school because she was so upset she didn't want to. So for right now my kids will have to continue to get up and ready for school by themselves which really isn't a problem because they are all old enough to do so and do. But now I have to worry about the bus stop.

I am going to head back to the kitchen in a few mins here and try to get most of that done today

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
KimD....... one day at a time! (Often... I do ONE HOUR at a time. Sometimes.... One Minute at a time! Whatever works at any given time!)

As you know, our Magical Holiday Home Family supports us wih every challenge... not just with decluttering!!!

Lots of love to you and your kids!

(PS... I LOVE the "indecent exposure to a minor" charge!!! What an absolute idiot that neighbor is!!!!!)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday evening - Week 3 (of our Summer HGP). I have worked in the foyer today. The foyer looks A LOT BETTER! And... it is the entrance to our home..... so it makes me feel good, to have it looking clean and orderly! Very peaceful. (It is a very small space. I hope that will make it easier to keep it looking nice!)

One bag of clutter went OutTheDoor today. And several bags of recycled papers.

Oh... I saw Peter Walsh on "The Nate Show" today. (Nate has a "style show". I don't remember his last name.) Nate's co-host was a comedien from "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy"... Carson ... something.) Carson is very funny and VERY talented. Anyway.... the three of them did part of the show on "organizing". There was a picture of Carson's "shoe closet.... Carson admitted that he has a problem with "clutter".... because he loves beautiful things. I mean.... he loves "to have" beautiful things.... and plenty of them!

I have never seen any photos of Peter Walsh's home. TODAY.... he showed a photo of his living room.... it was a beautiful photo. I believe that Peter Walsh lives alone.... and he has never married or had children. He can buy a huge house.... or lots of huge houses... for his stuff. I don't like Peter Walsh. BUT... I do think he is correct.... the SIZE of the space dictates how much stuff you can "peacefully" have in that space.

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Five bags of clothing went to the Vietnam Vets today.

Kim, looking forward to reading about your decluttering.

Debbie

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well all I got done was one cabinet in the china cabinet organized today which holds my pans due to limited cabinet space, really hoping to find a hanging thing for pots and pans this summer at garage sales.

Psycho woman was at it again tonight so I got called outside to help deal with that. Cops were here twice within an hour. Once she was harassing and making racial remarks to my friends daughter had to go intervine because my friend had been drinking and was getting quite upset with the cop because he wouldn't do anything. Second time was just with her landlord even though it has been pouring for days she had her hose running just sitting there running so Landlord called the cops and disabled her outside water, which she has been avoiding the eviction so she did not answer her door when they knew she was just home a few mins before. We were told it would only be a day or two before she is forced out of there so then things will be better but we have to deal with it until then.

Now that I have to be to work in 6 hours I need to go to bed already told Maranda after she gets out of school tomorrow she needs to help me

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lots of work getting done on this thread! congrats to everyone. I'm more in the spring cleaning mode & and I do declutter at the same time, but I must say in the last year I decluttered alot so not as much left.

KimD.. hope that psycho lady leaves soon. You are doing great with your kids :)

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Hoping to get more of the kitchen done today after I sleep for awhile was at ER with David allnight, he has a viral infection that is going around and was having a hard time breathing last night which is one of the things that is happening with this. So I have him drugged up and sleeping other kids off to school and I want to sleep a couple of hours at least then clean up the downstairs and back to work on getting this kitchen cleaned out.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
KimD.... you are an inspiration to all of us! You ae such a great Mom.... with such a busy life.... and you STILL find energy for decluttering!

Luludou.... I long for the day that I can say what you said in your last post!!! Thank you for being here... and suppoting and encouraging everyone!!!

Halimer.... you are doing great!
Lana... getting stuff line up to go OutTheDoor is wonderful!
Little Elf... Happy Birthday! You were smart to "gift yourself" with a Day Off!
Waving Hi to everybody else! Please keep on posting! It is fun to read what everyone is doing!

Decluttering today..... I am NOT going to concentrate on ONE area... or one room. It is an "equal opportunity decluttering day".... for the whole house! Trash and recycling pickup is early tomorrow morning..... and that is always a good incentive!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
KimD, You get an award for decluttering a neighbor!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday, May 20th. My goal for today: to get one bag of clutter OutTheDoor. The rest of the day will be spent sitting down, watching TV and sorting papers........ with brief forays into the garden.

Happ Friday, Club Members!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Early Friday evening, May 20th. It didn't happen all at once..... but.... bit by bit...... I filled a big trash bag with clutter. An object that was valuable a month ago.... may miraculously have become "clutter"..... and be ready to pop into the bag!

It is satisfying to get nice, heavy trash bags.... OutTheDoor! AND..... bit by bit..... the rooms get fresher and lighter and less cluttered! And... after a clump is separated into "clutter" and "keep"..... it seems almost automatic to put the "keep" items away.

I should mention that this is NOT my first time around... I have participated in the Holiday Grand Plan ... a numbr of times. So..... NOW.... there is actually ROOM to put things away.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Sparklenana I do the same thing one day something is a treasured item, next its clutter. No one ever knows whats going to leave this house until it does including me.

We did get good news today psycho will be removed on the 25th if she is not gone. We all feel sorry for her kids but she is making them just like her, cops were here yet again today but it was her that called today, CPS found her outside and went to serve her papers on the court case they have against her. She flipped out on the guy then called the cops on him, so the cop served her and she flipped on him really suprised they didn't arrest her this time. The police department is hoping that she moves out of their district so that they don't have to deal with her anymore either.

As for decluttering today I shot away a garbage bag of boys clothes that no longer fit them or should never be worn again along with another bag that went down the road to a boy that could wear them. And Davids nasty, holey sneakers went flying out the door too those probley could have walked out on their own, I swear that kids feet grow right out of his shoes at the toes.

Hopeing to get to the upstairs bathroom tonight so that I can try and get it painted tomorrow. If I can stay awake that long

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Hi girls, it's been a long time! At least a month since I've been here last :(

I REALLY need to get back on the bandwagon and get this house back in order. We were preparing for my dd to come home from college, she's now been here 2 weeks but I can't seem to get on the ball....grrrr...

I need to get back to my daily lists to get things done, and one day this coming week she & I will go out into the garage and go thru some boxes. When I sold my house and moved out here to CA, she went to college in SC, so I had to take all of her stuff (that we didn't let go of) with me. So there are several boxes of things from when she was younger, and I'm hoping she will let go of a good portion of it. Of course it won't really make a dent in the boxes in the garage, but I'll know that what's out there is what I'm keeping.

Oh, there's going to be a new Goodwill store opening up in my town this coming week...it will be much easier to get things out the door now!

I hope everyone has been well...will need some time to catch up on all the posts I've missed!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
CHRISTMASLVR.... I HAVE MISSED YOU! I UNDRSTAND HOW YOU JUST WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR DAUGHTER.... BUT INVOLVING HER IN THE DECLUTTERING IS A WIN-WIN SITUATION! HOW MANY DAYS DO YOU HAVE LEFT UNTIL YOUR MOVE TO THE EAST COAST?

I apologize for the all caps... I didn't know I had hit that button!

Anyway.... do I remember correctly that you are going to rent a U-Haul truck and drive it across the country?

If so... I have a trick that may help you:

When we moved out of state (from florida, actually).... we had VERY little money to hire help in lifting stuff. The Salvation Army in town had a residence.... for men who were living sober and making a new life. We went to the Salvation Army director.... and he told us that he could recommend two men... who had Sunday afternoons free. He arranged for us to pick them up and drop them off when the truck was loaded. We paid them cash.... and they were wonderful workers. Frankly... I would have been nervous about using people who were not "bonded and insured"... if we were moving INTO a new place. I wouldn't know if the men might fall out of their new ways... and perhaps, rob a house that they knew well... from moving in furniture. But... we were moving OUT.

With my husband supervising the moving heavy stuff out.... I was able to clean and mop each room.... as it was emptied. So we left the place clean and fresh.

You, your dh, dd and friends may be young and strong enough to move everything youselves. Dh and I... as senior citizens. couldn't do it all on our own.

KimD... you ae doing great with the decluttering!

Today... Saturday... it is late afternoon.... and has been a "real life stuff happening" day. So... I'll set out the big empty trash bag... and if I don't get it filled today... I'll do two tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
SN, great tip. I will remember this for our next move. We were always the couple with the truck when it came to people needing a truck and helping hands. So when we sold the farm it was hard to find helpers for us. lol

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Last night I wanted to get my upstairs bathroom cleaned out, painted and organized but that didn't happen because we spent the day at the mudfest at the firehouse, plus I had to work this morning its too nice not to be outside today so I am going to start working on the garage so that Dave can come get the crap of his mothers because I am not a storage shed and will no longer keep it here. I also need to get some laundry done.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I spent the entire day (from noon on) in my kitchen. DH has been complaining that the cabinets and pantry closet are too full. Guess what...he was right ( but don't tell HIM that LOL!) Anyway, 6 garbage bags and 5 boxes later, it feels like a new kitchen! DH and I married in our mid thirties, so we literally had two of everything when we got married...add in wedding gifts and you get the picture. The sad part is that I thought we had already Given away all of the duplicates...nope! I am going to drop off the boxes at the church thrift store on my way to work tomorrow...a complete set of pots and pans, complete set of everyday dishes & silverware and a blender, fondue pot and toaster (all in the original boxes). I'm sure someone can use them!

I also boxed up the rest of the books to donate to DS' school..they are having a "sale" to raise money. At first I was only bringing in hardcovers, but the principal told me on Friday that they'd take them all! 6 bankers boxes ready to go...good thing I drive a truck. ;)

I am beat. Time for a quick shower and off to bed! Good night all!