September 2011 Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
September 4th, Sunday. Today begins Week 2 of the Christmas HGP... which includes.... working in the Living Room. So... I am taking my black trash bag in there...... SURELY.... I will be able to toss something.... while I organize in there! Then.... I'll continue on, filling up the bag wherever I can!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
10 magazines out the door.. only keeping the Christmas ones.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lucie- Good job on the mags!

That's the #1 thing that clutters me up!!!!!!!

I did contemplate getting Time magazine and decided to decline!!!!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It is so nice to read about how everyone is decluttering. I need to attack the high cabinets in the kitchen next.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I decluttered the pharmacy today. Got rid of me & dh's contact lenses... we haven't been wearing them for years and our eyesight has changed so they are no good anymore. Also threw away the contact lense solution. Threw away a few bottles too. Good riddance!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We've been struggling with illness for most of the month so far, but I DID make a list of all the items we need to take to Goodwill!

Most of the items are larger things - many are leftover baby things that DS has outgrown - and it will probably take 2 truck trips to drop it all off.

But oh what a difference it will make!!! I can't wait!!! I'll report back when we actually DO it!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well the kitchen finally did get done and looks great I am thinking that since I decluttered my children this morning (first day of school) I will work on my room which is terrible. For some strange reason everyone's clothes have ended up all over my room

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got a trunk load out for recycling yesterday a.m..

Last night DH and I moved out Jaymee bedroom furniture. Still have her night stand here and her oak hope chest. (got for high school graduation from her grandma) And her coats out.

Now to keep going with stuff.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thursday, September 8th! Hello, Friends! Errands early in the morning. Then.... on to decluttering and cleaning!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Friday, Sept 9th! Update for me:

As I was going through boxes I came across some old picture frames and a couple of books that I no longer want, plus a pair of capri's that I was saving for some reason...all went to Goodwill this week, along with a few other things I already had put aside!

Still have those Polly Pocket sets, and I agree I think I will just bag them up separately and let someone else figure it all out! teehee!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I took a hand full of tops to the thrift store. Now I'm using up some scrapbooking stickers while getting new calendars ready for DD and myself. Funny that I did not have one sticker for Easter. Might have to go buy some. What a shame because I have two huge binders of stickers. lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday, 9/10: I asked dh if he would like to spend 10 minutes a day.... doing some decluttering of HIS stuff. I would be there with a trash bag an a bag for donations. Dh was actually eager to do this... because he keeps losing things in his closet. So... we spent the ten minutes together and he got A LOT of things out of the closet. Like the rest of us... he has gained and lost weight... and has clothes that don't fit. So there is a big collection of nice clothes to go to the THRIFT SHOP.

I think I will take them to the Thrift Shop now. And then... I will go to Crate and Barrel... and get a gift for the engaged couple's party tonight.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think that is one of the keys to decluttering. 10 or 15 minutes daily. Do not try to declutter your whole house/life at once. Little my little will get it done.

WTG with your DH SN!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks, Ahorsesoul. The nicest thing happened outside the Thrift Shop this afternoon. As I was walking in, a couple was walking out.... about my age. The woman had a small bag of stuff that she had bought. The woman said.... "Oh, are you donating those?" And the man said.... "those are really nice shirts"... he said it in a very gentle, pleasant way. I said, "Yep. Would you like some of them? For free, of course." HE SAID, "OH YES, THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!" AND... HE TOOK THEM ALL, AND THE TWO PAIRS OF PANTS TOO. THAT MADE ME SO HAPPY... TO SEE SOMEONE BE HAPPY TO GET THOSE NICE SHIRTS! AND IT MADE DH FEEL REALLY GOOD TOO... WHEN I GOT HOME AND TOLD HIM! (Sorry... all caps again!)

Then... I went to Crate and Barrel. They had the couple registered... but they did not have ANYTHING entered in the "registry". I printed out the sheet with their name and it said... "No Selections Made". The store person said.... "Oh... maybe they're not through choosing things".. Well... no big deal. I'll just ask tonight (at the party) where they are registered.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
How neat to meet the people who benefited from the decluttering.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great work SN! How great is it that your really know your clothes will serve others who need them?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Between sandings and soygel applications this afternoon - I cleaned out three boxes of papers from work/boys lockers. Still have one box tomorrow to get to. I think paper inside my house actually doubles in volume if left in the diningroom for ANY amount of time!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
September 11th. The living room is full of birthday gifts to be wrapped. (I also shop for ddil & ds's gifts, for them, so we don't duplicate gifts.)

Life is like a river.... things flow into our home... are used and enjoyed.... and then leave our home. We just have to keep the "river" from getting stuck and getting "stagnant and icky". Things come in... and THINGS MUST GO OUT!!!!!

(Of course... it will be harder for the mother of the birthday boy... to "get things out". LOTS of things will be coming in to their home today... and will stay for a while! (At least... the relatives won't stay! We will all leave after the party.... so the parents of the birthday boy can collapse.... until they have to get ready for Monday morning!)