September 2011 Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
9/12. Happy Monday Morning! OK... the birthday gifts for the 12-year-old... left the house yesterday!

Now... to wrap the birthday gifts for the 11-year-old! AND... then wrap them for mailing! And then.... make a trip to the post office. It IS a pain to mail gifts.... but it is SO EXCITING for kids to receive packages in the mail!

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I freecycled a lot of decorations at the end of last week. 3 bags of Fall stuff and 2 bags and 2 boxes of every day stuff. It wasn't all mine, but it was all taking up room in my basement. I also got rid of a glass top patio coffee table that came with the set we bought on clearance for the porch, but the table was just too big for the space. I am moving along with the Houseworks Holiday Plan and I have to say it's going much easier and smoother since I've been decluttering this year, especially all the decluttering I did during Spring cleaning.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone. It's been awhile and I've been doing a ton of other things and decluttering hasnt' been one of them. I really need to work on my spare room though. It's definitely piled high now! To much thrifting and "Someday" projects as my daughter calls them. So the thrifting is on hold while I craft and do these projects before the holidays.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
9/13 Tuesday. The birthday gifts for the 11-year old dgd WERE mailed yesterday!

This week... some "decluttering" in the jungle of our yards.... that would be nice!

It is Week 3 of the Holiday Grand Plan.... so some decluttering of the entryway/front closet & shelves... THAT would be nice too!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Still haven't gotten to that paper shredding. And the bags I have for the Salvation Army are still sitting in the livingroom. I really need to get that stuff out of there. SN that was a blessing that you ran into that couple. I'm sure he will truly treasure that.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I got some stuff out the door for the Vets to pick up yesterday. Other stuff up into the attic (not out of the house but out of sight for now). While I was in there I went through some of the boys winter clothes (it will be cool enough for long pants this wknd) I pull somed out to give to the neighbor that DS7 has outgrown. Heck it was summer clothes he should have had out now.
Working some in the laundry area today and tossing trash and decluttering.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
9/14. Wednesday. I KNOW that I have thought this before.... but it has become REALLY CLEAR to me.... that THE LESS STUFF... that I have at home..... THE EASIER it is.... to keep things organized and clean.

Somehow... the more stuff that I get rid of..... the more that REMAINING clutter/mess/hotspots.... the more they bother me!!!!!! That doesn't really make sense to me. But.... it is true, somehow.....

So.... TODAT.... i will take ANOTHER black trash bag.... and try to fill it with STUFF... and get it Out The Door. Today! (This doesn't count the "regular trash bag" in the big kitchen trash can..... which is for "regular day-to-day litter".

Well...... if it BOTHERS US enough...... I guess that we will keep working on it!!!!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
SN you are so right about the LESS STUFF. Now that I have decluttered when I see something to buy I look at it thinking if I really want it enough to clean it. Most gets put back after that thought.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
9/15. Thursday is my best decluttering day. This is the day that we put things at the curb... for trash/recycling pickup early tomorrow morning. I am always inspired to get "extra stuff" Out The Door on Thursdays!!!

Minnieco.... I read about your blog post on another thread.... and checked it out... since the link is posted just above! What a FABULOUS post! And the photos are extraordinary! What a WONDERFUL event! THANK YOU for sharing it with us!!!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
9/17. Saturday. Yesterday..... there were NO "big decluttering projects". Instead... as I went through different rooms.... the occasional item caught my eye.... and... I didn't like it! So... I tossed it into the trash! Inching forward.... with baby steps.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I haven't decluttered much this weekend. Think I only have one item for the thrift store today. I have shredded a lot of papers. Guess everything counts. I know I feel great about getting even one tiny thing done.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Yesterday afternoon, my DS finally went through all the boxes of clutter I put together from his room . It bagged up to 4 bags for the trash and 1 box for donation. Finally it will be out of the house and the garage!! DH and I really have to start decluttering the rest of the garage. Pretty soon it will be too cold to really do it . Also, DH will want to move his car back into his side of the garage before the early morning frost collects on the car windows. A good motivation!!

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
this week (Sept.18-24)......I'm gonna hit one drawer in each room each day, along with clearing surfaces constantly.

Pippi

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
9/19 Monday. Pippa.. I really like your plan for the week! It keeps things fresh! A change... a new way of decluttering.... gives us an incentive to keep going!

Erands today, paperwork and bill paying....... and always keeping my eyes open for something to get Out The Door!

Last edited:

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
Thank you SN! It really easier, for me anyway, to make small changes...feel elated when a drawer is cleared out!

Awesome!

Pippi

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
More decluttering tips:
http://zenhabits.net/15-great-decluttering-tips/

I like the tea-tip
Whenever you’re boiling the kettle for tea, tidy up the kitchen. If the kitchen is tidy, tidy up the next room – it’s only 3 minutes but it keeps you on top of everything

Since I drink lots of tea, this one will work for me.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The tea tip is great. I do this when I read or watch TV. When a chapter ends or a commercial comes on I get up and do something in the house.