When Enough is Enough

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think he meant to add and a family photo too.

YES!!!! That too!!!!!!!!

I am the oldest of 8! I have been the only married until 2 years ago ... now everyone is married but one, but he has a steady girl and my 2 kids are the only grand-kids ... but there is another one on the way now! I have a sis and and bro ... then I have 3 half siblings (2 sis, 1 bro) ... then I have 2 step brothers. They are in Chicago, one in FL, and one on the Cayman Islands! My dad and step ma recently relocated to FL from Chicago. It's nice that they are closer!

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I have a sister who is a lot like that. She is all about receiving things and making the Christmas season about spending money.

A few years ago we decided that all we were going to do was gifts for all the kids. You are considered a kid as long as you are still in high school. The adults have had a gift exchange since that time. Even that has become trying to me. We set a limit and buy within that range and have a Mad Dash auction. However, they never want to limit the number of times you can steal the gift. I think there should be a limit. The last few people don't get to have as much fun.

This year we are doing nothing since a lot of the family are all on the outs. My own sister has not even called or talked to me since September. I am not even a part of the big fall out, but she is pouting. We did not hear from her even at Thanksgiving and we live in the same town!

I have to say it was rather nice. We usually have all holidays at our house and I get exhausted. In theory everyone brings a dish, but sometimes they don't or it is something not really used. I always am out a lot of $s and all the time and effort. I missed being with the large family, but it was really nice in other ways to be just the four of us.

Christmas will be hard though because my 12 year old niece who we have custody of, will be going to her mom's. She will be gone until Dec. 28! So, it will be a late Christmas for us.