Who is getting ready?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle - I make lists of all I want to get done before Christmas in each category, then I have to find a place for each of the items in my calendar so I know what has to be then when to get to a stress-free (maybe more of a stress-less) Christmas.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh I am looking forward to the HGP!! I've printed the calendar pages, and marked any events I already know of (birthdays etc). I've also printed the first five weeks of tasks.

I think I'll need to write down a routine of some sort to help me stick to it though. For example, my older daughter is in Pre-Kindy on Thursday mornings, which will be the ideal time for shopping and errands.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Good morning Ladies to all of you on this 6th of Aug. I too am getting ready for the HGP. I just revised my list for this year 2011. I printed out the calendar for the plan & arranged it to my special needs. During the week I also typed up my to do list for Christmas, it's 3 pgs. long, everything from buying christmas stamps in Oct. when thy come out toputting chairs around the table. It's good to be organized. Can't wait for a bus trip that's coming up, to the King of Prussia shopping Mall in Pa. in oct. what a Shopping mall that is!!!!!!Any store you want or need is there. Only Macy's is at one end of the mall, & sears is at the other end, a lot of walking. But we get there around 12:00P.M. AND STAY TILL 8:30 p.m. & also they have a mini bus that takes you around to the other part of the mall. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch when we first got there, delecious food. There's a Kitchen store there and I found 4 butter knives, which I was looking for last year, so happy. I highly recommend it, if you can get there. Will do whatever Christmas stuff I can, already looking at Christmas books, the latest ones coming out, I like to read at least one to put me in the Christmas Spirit. Have a good day Ladies!

KOP is my mall...well, not MINE, ;) It really is huge...I hardly ever do both sides (the Macy's side or Court, and the Sears side - the Plaza) in one day. Do you bring a shopping cart to carry the bags? It sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been revisiting my lists and I went ahead and printed monthly calendar pages for the rest of the year, noting each HGP week and other misc. "to remember" dates like:

- Christmas Countdown weeks (in case I follow it too this year)
- Rudolph Days!!! (need I say more? :) )
- Weekends DH is working a Saturday
- Notre Dame home games (so we know when NOT to plan shopping trips near that side of town)
- Birthdays
- Days the dogs need heartworm or flea/tick meds

DH and I looked over them together and have them up on the fridge. We are supposed to sit down and pencil in dates to work on our list of DIY projects around the house.

It is helping us feel a bit more organized - well me at least!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Many of you are way ahead of me, but I feel so much better since I tackled the Master bedroom earlier this week. I printed out some pages, but need to put them in my notebook. The wedding will consume my next two days, but I will have Monday - Wednesday next week before I have to go back to work.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Lots of great school supplies on sale for new binders or assorted stationary needs for new planners!:snowball:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Despite not being here much last month, I have been in my book daily. I have all of my lists done: shopping, gifts, holiday meals, sweets/treats, etc. I have been spending a lot of time printing recipes and trying new desserts from various sites. I've even been listening to holiday music and adding to my music and movie collections.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Aggy!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!! We have missed you so much!!!!

Reading your post made me get instantly excited about christmas 2011! Hurray!!! We are going to have so much fun , together, here at our magical holiday home!!!!!!!!!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
candysprinkles, that's a great idea about bread dough. Now I just need to learn how to make bread. It is something I am really keen on getting to grips with.

I must have missed this earlier. But, I buy the frozen bread dough from the grocery store each fall. Here it is in the freezer section in an orange package by Rhodes. I like to bake bread and I keep the ingredients on hand...but, my loaves always turn out pretty heavy and kind of doughy. So, it isn't an art I've perfected either. ;) Banana bread and pumpkin bread I can do pretty well. Actually, I even do pizza dough and breadsticks from scratch. They all turn out so much better than my bread!! I've been saying for years that I should pick up a bread machine at goodwill.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The best homemade bread dough recipe for just plain old-fashioned bread is in Better Homes and Garden's cookbook. Mine is the old one with the red and white gingham cover. The first time I made it, I was in third grade!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Everybody! It is August 16th! Twelve more days.... until our 2011 Holiday Grand Plan Wonderfulness begins!!!

I really like it when the HGP begins! I feel the energy of "Christmas Lovers" around the world.... beginning to prepare for the wonderful holidays! Nobody in my neighborhood... or in my family.... will be thinking about Christmas! But.... my MHH Family will be thinking and planning... and buzzing with ideas here at our Magical Holiday Home!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Excited as well

As usually I show up at the beginning each year, hopefully this year I'll make it through to the end. But every little bit helps. Looking forward to the season. ~ Farmerswife

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Hi, everyone! I just joined this forum yesterday after reading about it on Organized Christmas. I am one of those people who starts playing Christmas music in the car in October, just to get into the holiday spirit (of course, only when I don't have any other passengers! :) ). Looking forward to being more "on top of things" this Christmas season!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome CheerChick! lots of Christmas nuts on this forum and a great group of friends :)