Word for 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It's that time- 2010 is slowly winding down and it's time to think about what word you would like to use in 2011 to describe:
What you want to work on
What you want to be
What you want your world to encompass.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My word for 2011 will be:

THRIVE:
To move from Surviving to Thriving.

Annie

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My word for 2011 will be BELIEVE...in myself, in others, in life and more in my faith.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My word is going to be ENJOY! (as in enjoy my DH more, enjoy my kids more, and just enjoy life MORE!)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Pam - That is one of my most favorite words.

Annie - LOVE yours - so meaningful!

Colleen - What a great word - we so often forget to do just that - enjoy.

I'll have to give some more thought to my word.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie...love your word, you are a survivor and now it is time for you to thrive. Very meaningful.

I need to think about my word a little more. I really want it to mean something to me and something I will strive towards.

Maybe my word will be STRIVE.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
you ladies are giving me plenty to think about. I am going to start thinking of a word for me.

Annie-Thrive is a perfect word for you!

Pam-that's a great word. It's somthing I def. need to do as well

Colleen-also something I need to do more of as well

Sweetpumpkinpie-strive. nice. you can always have a phrase also.

Kim-I have no doubt that you will come up w/ the perfect word

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
What a GREAT thread...everyone is hard at work reflecting....i need more time to find the perfect word...LOL

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Good Morning Ladies, Words are something I play with a lot. I am a word person, I think about, look up definitions, meditate on, use, and roll around on my tongue words that are intriguing to me for seasons at a time. So, although I have never joined your word list threads I do understand the draw.

My word for this season in my life will be: bountiful

As in giving of myself bountifully, living bountifully, hoping bountifully, loving bountifully, trusting bountifully

I have to confess it is a word that I have been meditating on for a while now, but the season in my life is still here so bountiful it will be. ~Farmerswife

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My word for 2011 would be perseverance.

Reminds me of a favorite quote:
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Those are some great words...with lots of meaning. I need to give my word some thought.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I think my word is going to be CALM.

CALM in my life
CALM in my head
CALM in my heart

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Today I was thinking about this time of year. Everything starts happening so fast. It seems like before we have 3 months of summer w/ not much going on then once school starts every month there is something big. I do some, little, halloween decorations turn them right around to Thanksgiving and all the time looking towards Christmas. i miss out on some of the other holidays. I think my word (unless it changes b/n now and the end of the year) is
savor

Savor each day special or mundain as it comes to me
savor my children they are getting older every day
savor my time w/ husband instead of spending it in the same room seperatly
savor the blessings and lessons God has for me
savor my friendships b/c there is no guarantee they will be there for me tomorrow
savor what I eat enjoying what it is insted of over eating or eating out of habbit/mood

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Bumping- 2011 will be here soon!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't even given a thought to what my word will be yet, but as i'm reading The Happiness Project i'm really putting some thought into how I want 2011 to be.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think I do pretty good trying to LIVE my word each year but with anything else unless I relfect on it and make a real effort to bring it to "life" in my daily life...it gets lost in the shuffle of the year when things get a little crazy!

SO......for this year I am going to try living my word...Month by Month....I'm big about months...they help me get organized, stay focused, and a month is a manageable time...unlike a YEAR...which can seem sooooo long.

My word for 2011 will be Quest (The act or an instance of seeking or pursuing something; a search, An expedition undertaken in medieval romance by a knight in order to perform a prescribed task)

I haven't reflected enough to actually put into words...each month's QUEST....but for example...

January could be the Quest for New Beginnings
June could be the Quest for Adventure

Those are just examples...I need to really think about what my search is about...or if there will be months where the quest will be about a specific task (not like cleaning or organizing,...something more about soul, inner self etc)

When I thought about the word quest...I initially thought of random stuff...like the search for a healthier life style, a quest toward better self understanding etc...I knew that it could encompass a lot...I thought about having just one quest ...like the search for inner peace or idk something...meaningful....That felt a little tied down though...and it was hard for me to decide because I have so many things in life that I want to spend time with/on....reading, thinking, putting into action etc.

I'm interested in lots of things...for example...I started once to identify my 7 totem animals....I managed one...I am still interested in this topic and so that might be a quest one month...not that one can rush it...but at least I could do it that month and even if I don't manage to identify the other 6...I will have moved forward...(I know I'm a bit eccentric..but what the heck)

I also started creating my Soul Cards (or soulcollage as the terade name)...I managed a couple...that is another area I am still interested in...so maybe one month would be my Quest would revolve around that.

I like yoga and meditation but never have time for it on a daily basis....perhaps one month the quest will be inner peace and I will do it daily for that month!

I don't know yet but those are some thoughts...I like the idea of the Word of the Year...always have but for me personally I'd like to take it a little deeper and work with it more diligently during 2011

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ginger I like your thinking! Work on part of our word each month is a great idea.

Still need to find mine.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I like it, Gingerbug!

Annie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I think I do pretty good trying to LIVE my word each year but with anything else unless I relfect on it and make a real effort to bring it to "life" in my daily life...it gets lost in the shuffle of the year when things get a little crazy!

SO......for this year I am going to try living my word...Month by Month....I'm big about months...they help me get organized, stay focused, and a month is a manageable time...unlike a YEAR...which can seem sooooo long.

My word for 2011 will be Quest (The act or an instance of seeking or pursuing something; a search, An expedition undertaken in medieval romance by a knight in order to perform a prescribed task)

I haven't reflected enough to actually put into words...each month's QUEST....but for example...

January could be the Quest for New Beginnings
June could be the Quest for Adventure

Those are just examples...I need to really think about what my search is about...or if there will be months where the quest will be about a specific task (not like cleaning or organizing,...something more about soul, inner self etc)

When I thought about the word quest...I initially thought of random stuff...like the search for a healthier life style, a quest toward better self understanding etc...I knew that it could encompass a lot...I thought about having just one quest ...like the search for inner peace or idk something...meaningful....That felt a little tied down though...and it was hard for me to decide because I have so many things in life that I want to spend time with/on....reading, thinking, putting into action etc.

I'm interested in lots of things...for example...I started once to identify my 7 totem animals....I managed one...I am still interested in this topic and so that might be a quest one month...not that one can rush it...but at least I could do it that month and even if I don't manage to identify the other 6...I will have moved forward...(I know I'm a bit eccentric..but what the heck)

I also started creating my Soul Cards (or soulcollage as the terade name)...I managed a couple...that is another area I am still interested in...so maybe one month would be my Quest would revolve around that.

I like yoga and meditation but never have time for it on a daily basis....perhaps one month the quest will be inner peace and I will do it daily for that month!

I don't know yet but those are some thoughts...I like the idea of the Word of the Year...always have but for me personally I'd like to take it a little deeper and work with it more diligently during 2011

I love this idea...