Word for 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love that idea Ginger and I may use it.

I've been thinking about my word and was talking to my mom about what I wanted for next year so she suggested that I use the word Journey and then break it down by month. A different journey each month to accomplish everything I want to, set up like the Happiness Project idea. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do each month.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I was thinking last night about the months and it was harder than I thought....and then this morning I was thinking...don't plan the year out...take each month as it comes....as the year unfolds I will "know" what my quest for each month is....you know...intuition ....So I'm not going to worry about planning or picking right now....just January...hmmm...which I'm still thinking about....What will the January Quest be?

To me this way seems more natural because I can't really predict what each month will "feel" like ahead of time. Or what I will "need" that month....Does that make sense at all?

PS: My friend is using Journey for her word!

:clothes:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That makes perfect sense. I'm afraid that if I don't try to lay mine out then I won't do it. I don't think I intentionally did anything for my word this year, things were just too crazy. But next year i'm going to make sure I take the time to do what I need to.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My year is bringing changes...so I think mine is going to be reformation.

DD17 will graduate in May and go to college in September. DD13 will start high school in August. DGS #2 will be born in March. We will pay out of bankruptcy in October. Our house needs some major repairs or else we will move altogether. Who know what else next year holds?

I need to take better care of my health, get my house under better control, spend more time in prayer and reading my Bible...seeking what God wants for my life, and focus more on meeting the needs of my family.

Lots of changes...so reformation it will be.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I know exactly what you mean Mrs. Soup...if I don't at least take time to ponder it...it may never be brought into my life....I will reflect much and have some ideas but I will let each month unfold....Here's a quote I found that i like because it is sort of the essence of what I was thinking....found it after I decided to let things unfold...

"Heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. A quest may not simply be abandoned; unicorns may go unrescued for a long time, but not forever; a happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.”

:snowman:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I love that idea Ginger and I may use it.

I've been thinking about my word and was talking to my mom about what I wanted for next year so she suggested that I use the word Journey and then break it down by month. A different journey each month to accomplish everything I want to, set up like the Happiness Project idea. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do each month.

You And I are thinking along the same lines I think...I like the words quest & journey for what I'm wanting to do but something about them doesn't exactly fit for me. I'm looking forward to reading the Happiness Project again. And discussing how to better embrace the book with others. So I'm trying to figure out what word resonates for me as I do each month of THP my way...

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm thinking PEACE as my word...inner peace, peace in our home, peace at work, and more. I'm considering GRACE, but figure if PEACE is found, I can always add another.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Unless I change my mind I think exploring will be my word. My DGD loves to go "exploring" with me through storage bins. I want to go exploring through my journey with the Happiness Project...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I love the discussion going on here.

I think it's true- thinking of a whole year can be daunting but thinking of one thing to concentrate on each month (while keeping what we each want to accomplish for the whole year)- is much more manageable.

Annie

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
My word choice for the upcoming year will be WHOLE-HEARTED.

Sometimes I like the idea of things more than the doing of things and that can leave a trail of unfinished things behind me. I don't have my whole heart in it.

Whole-hearted in choices, in commitments, and in the teaching of my children everyday.

I also just watched this video ( it is about 20 minutes long) and it spoke to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Qm9cGRub0

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I too, love the idea of taking your word and breaking down how you will incorporate it in to your life on a monthly basis. Thanks for the idea. ~ Farmerswife

Last edited:

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Ginger... Jessica .. Im going that route.. this has been way to stressful just thinking of a friggin word that will follow me all year when My life is minute by minute now with Mikes Cancer... my word last year.. started out so right.. he was in remission.. Ringo was here with me .. I had a new supervisior and it was SIMPLICITY.. Mikes Cancer came back.. Ringo died.. Work is a struggle and Simplicity which I YEARNED for lasted 2 months.. So.. I am going with Month by Month.. and TONS more journaling this year.. Im picking out a new book this week for my Journal 2011

My word for January is SELF.. the word I first picked for the year.. but I just cant handle SELF for the whole year.. I desperately need it soon and January will be a perfectly normally noneventful month for me to take care of me..
Get my new journal and use it
Start the Happiness Project
Get my overdue Mammogram
Get my Dentist Appt in
Get My physical

So.. 1 month at a time.. for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that I have decided on STRIVE for my word.

Strive towards a better home life,
Strive to be a better companion to my husband,
Strive to get to know my children now that they are adults,
Strive to be better organised in the home,
Strive to rebuild the bank account so that we have a buffer,
Strive to plan some ME time each month so I can achieve all of the above.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Alot of good words and ideals here. I have picked a word but have always enjoyed reading what and why people have picked.

Month to month sounds good. Strive, I like the reasons. All 6 of them REALLY fit me too!!!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I have given it alot of thought and I think my word for 2011 will be PLAN, I have alot of things coming up this next year, plus our farm and DH job. Sometimes I live in denial that things will come so quickly and then I have to rush and do things, so if I plan better, I can breathe and relax. I would like to plan things out for the year and then have a buffer for the unexpected. Was working on my 2011 calendar today getting ready for the year ahead.

CoffeeGirl1021

Retire Member
Dec 20, 2010
I have been thinking about my word a lot, as of right now I am leaning towards restore. Restore family time, restore myself, restore organization into our home, finances, etc. I love the idea of taking it month by month too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm picking Endeavor as my word. I endeavor to do 12 things this next year towards an enriched life.

My dd group home is named Spirit. Then the company has group homes named Essence, Harmony, Aspire and they just opened up one called Endeavor. I just knew that would be my next word when I hear it. Maybe I'll use these words for the upcoming years.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Ive decided my OVERALL word for 2011 will be Focus.. but I will still have a strong purpose each month.. The Focus for January will be Self... as planned.. Organization of bills, journals, Mikes Chemo Journal, Crafts, My health .. dentist, Mammogram.. and Work focus..

Each month will be a different Focus for the main purpose of the month, even though life will throw other things.. I do have a problem on Focusing as ANY one who knows me personally will tell you.. I am one of those that will be talking about something and then as my daughter says "SQUIRREL".. I will all of a sudden start talking mid sentence about something else.. so YES.. FOCUS it is.. and my family will be delighted.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Organized will be my word for 2011.

Organize my time better so I am not rushing around at last minute and so I can spend more time with what is really important.. my hubby and kids.
Organize weekly menus to avoid take out because I have no idea what to make for dinner. (that will help save money)
Organize bills to avoid missed or late payments/fees
Organize each room - declutter...declutter...declutter
Organize my Christmas wrapping paper, tags and bows so I can either wrap as I buy gifts all year or set up wrapping dates through out the year.
Organize my Christmas Notebook - I let that slip this year and it showed.