Wrapping Parties- 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
The goal of the wrapping parties is to have no wrapping to do the week of Christmas! Even if you have nothing to wrap- you can plan, strategize, come up with a theme of colors, or simply join in the fun!

Here are the dates for 2011:

Sunday, July 31st- Wrap up Christmas in July.

Saturday, October 8th- Have you started getting your gifts together yet?

Saturday, November 5th- Christmas will be here before you know it!

Friday, November 11th- Start of a long weekend for some.

Saturday, November 26th-
Sunday, November 27th-
As you get those Black Friday Deals- Wrap them up!

Saturday, December 10th-
Sunday, December 11th-
You should be getting there now!

Saturday, December 17th- Goal Complete!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks... I like the idea of starting to wrap in July for Christmas in July. However I will have to change the dates in Oct & Nov to Sundays as the kids will have football/cheerleading on Saturdays and we will be out of the house almost all day on those days.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Annie ! I'll add those dates in my Christmas notebook along with The rudy day ideas from Ginger.

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I can't wait to try this out. I've got them all marked out. The thought of not wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve sounds like HEAVEN!! :elf2:

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
Thanks Annie ! I'll add those dates in my Christmas notebook along with The rudy day ideas from Ginger.

I need to do this!! Thanks for the reminder! :smilegifts:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks Annie! I just jotted the dates down, too. I wrapped for the most part with the early parties but did not get everything wrapped before the week of Christmas so that will be my goal for the next Christmas. I do have to tell you that DH and I looked at some of things the boys unwrapped and then at each other as we had not remembered the stuff but it was written down as purchased and wrapped so it was all fine.

I was wondering if anyone does anything like makes their own gifts tags, etc. and would want to have a pre-wrap party prior to July to work on those? I'm making my gift tags this year and thought it could be fun to have a party for that, too.

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Annie, thank you!!

This has got me all excited about next year. Didn't manage to join in at all this year due t having NO presents till the last minute because of lack of finances. I hope and pray things are different next year, they should be ;)

OH and I were speaking about it earlier and both of us want to get ahead. I have to say the last minute wrapping was so little it didn't bother me though, but I know it can!! Here we go gang :)

PS Kim, I would be interested in doing something like that. I have no idea how i would go about it, but would like to consider it.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I didn't do as well with the wrapping this year as I wanted to but still tons better than in the past.

Thanks for leading the wrapping charge AnnieClaus

I think the gift tags things sounds interesting!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Annie,

Thank you so much staring this. It was so nice not to be wrapping gifts the week before Christmas!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie, thanks so much. I have jotted down the dates and a few bonus dates just in case.
After a shocking time last year with wrapping, it really helped to have the dates organised for 2010. My wrapping was done with plenty of time.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks Annie! I just jotted the dates down, too. I wrapped for the most part with the early parties but did not get everything wrapped before the week of Christmas so that will be my goal for the next Christmas. I do have to tell you that DH and I looked at some of things the boys unwrapped and then at each other as we had not remembered the stuff but it was written down as purchased and wrapped so it was all fine.

I was wondering if anyone does anything like makes their own gifts tags, etc. and would want to have a pre-wrap party prior to July to work on those? I'm making my gift tags this year and thought it could be fun to have a party for that, too.

I haven't made gift tags but I'm am "exploring" in 2011. And I LOVE a chatroom party as you know :) So sounds good to me...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Annie thanks for doing this again...As you know my plan is to use gift boxes & gift bags this year, but they will still need to gifts put in them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I recycle my christmas cards and make gift tags out of them. They quite often have gorgeous pictures on them and it seems a shame to throw them out

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, I like that idea. I was going to make gift tags this year, but it never happened. Thanks, Annie for setting up the dates. This is great!

Christmas Girl

Retire Member
Jul 24, 2009
Scotland
Thanks Annie, I'd love to be more organised this year and able to relax on Christmas Eve instead of frantically wrapping last minute things.

I'll put these dates in my note book

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I really didn't join in on the wrapping dates.But would like to do better this year. I did wrap everybody else's like the week-end before Christmas Eve so we just had the kids left.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm glad everyone is excited for this again in 2011!

Like, Minta did- please taylor the dates to fit your needs and schedule!

The dates I picked are only a guide and a push to get us going- and not waiting until the last minute. Since wrapping is a big chore right in the middle of Christmas activities!

Kim- Looking forward to see what you have planned for gift tags!

Annie