Wrapping Parties- 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I've written the dates down as well. Having things wrapped early is a huge deal! One thing I'm going to do earlier is to find gift boxes or whatever I'm going to use to wrap the gift in because sometimes figuring out how to wrap something seems to be a stumbling block. I'm in for the name tag parties too! That's a great idea! I would also be interested in hearing how people present gift cards. If anyone has a special template or something for gift cards that would be a great additon to the name tags we could make!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Thank you Annie for the dates! I was way off this year cos of the builders, and wrapped everything for teachers etc the night before, wrapped everything for travelling the night before (as well as packing suitcases and sorting the house), and everything for the local wider family dinner the night of the dinner (while my Mom was racing around my house getting ready - my parents always stay with us for that night).

I want to get a lot more of the regular gifts wrapped early, which will allow me time to do my homemade gifts (especially food ones) at the last minute. And reduce the stress and rushing.

I had bought a load of different coloured stars as tags in the Jan sales of 2010 that I used this Christmas, luckily. But the previous 2 years, I had cut out tags from old Christmas cards and they worked really well to recycle, reduce costs and also make some really special tags!! Just a hole punch and a little string/ribbon makes them look really professional, but even just sellotaped on works perfectly nicely too.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Thank you for having the dates worked out so early! I've added them to my diary :)

I had such a fun time at the wrapping parties last year that I just have to join in again this year.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh I had forgotten about the wrapping parties! Will note the dates down...

Although thinking about wrapping parties, I suddenly feel like I'm way behind and need to get started on gifts! It's only MAY!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I loved this last year. I printed them off and will put them in my notebook.

I want to make gift tags, but I don't know how. I don't have a cricut (sp?). Maybe I should invest in one. Does it make it easier?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Miss jane,
for the gift tags I just use some fancy scissors and old christmas cards or cardstock. They are not fancy but they are homemade and very easy.

I am so looking forward to the wrapping parties. It means that we are getting close to Christmas. It also means I better get moving and buy a few more things to wrap.

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Last year was tough financially and this year I will have a wage, not enormous, but a lot more than last year and I can't wait for Christmas. Again not to go wild, but to be able to choose something for my loved ones and wrap them with you. I couldn't afford wrapping paper or any equivilent until the weekend before Christmas.

SO EXCITED!

Will add dates once I get my new diary.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I have already started wrapping. I found an idea somewhere online to recycle cereal boxes and other packaging and wrap them up like a gift bag. You push the top flaps down inside the box and punch holes to make handles out of ribbon, string or raffia. I have made four or five of these already. I used a kind of large Wii game box which is the exact right size to hold 2 or 3 DVDs or video games. These boxes are sturdier than a gift bag and can be reused from year to year. :)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I loved this last year. I printed them off and will put them in my notebook.

I want to make gift tags, but I don't know how. I don't have a cricut (sp?). Maybe I should invest in one. Does it make it easier?

I have a gift tag punch that I have used. Sometimes, I also just use a paper trimmer and cut some small rectangles. If you have a to and from stamp, that is nice...but you can also write them or print them using a font on your PC. I have seen printable gift tags online somewhere, too. You just print them onto cardstock and cut them out, easy peasy.

http://collectibles.about.com/od/holidaycollectin1/ig/Christmas-Gift-Tags/
http://www.domestifluff.com/2010/12/free-printable-holiday-gift-tags/
http://familyfun.go.com/printables/christmas-holiday-gift-tags-704333/
http://blog.worldlabel.com/2010/holiday-labels-holiday-label-templates-free-printable.html

The last link has printables that you can print on to sticky address labels. I have even found the standard size address labels at dollar tree. :)

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
A reminder that our first wrapping party for 2011 will be in almost two weeks!!!

It is the last day of Christmas in July: Sunday, July 31st!

If you don't have anything to wrap, don't worry. You can also spend the time:
*Figuring out a wrapping color scheme
* Making gift tags
*Figuring out a wrapping station (maybe get a few supplies- new pair of scissors, tape, a rubber maid tote to keep the wrapped presents in)
*Set a schedule for your wrapping
* Purchase one Christmas gift to wrap

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Good plan, Annie!

I've made some gift tags. I will be using the first wrapping party to plan wrapping and stocktake supplies, like you said.

I hadn't considered a colour scheme though... it would be cool to do one - then have the "Santa" gifts in a contrasting scheme so they stand out more :)

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Thanks for the reminder! I already have a few gifts that can be wrapped and I think I am going shopping this weekend at the mall. Perhaps I will be lucky and find a few more gifts. Also, I think I will use that day to really go through my wrapping supplies and organize them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll be separating things in boxes for different people. Last year there was a box identified to each individual and it was a charm to wrap all at the end when the boxes were filled! And I tried it last year... all dd's gift one color & ds's gifts another color - perfect!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'll be on vacation for this wrapping party so hopefully I'll be out buying a few more gifts! I might take some gift tags to work on as well.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Oh! I almost forgot about it. I had it written down in my diary too but since having finished college for summer I've had no need to use my diary.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be joining... Somehow.
I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I do have some presents to wrap so I may start that.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I don't think I have much to wrap, but if nothing else I'll work on gift tags. :)

It is exciting to think that our first wrap party is so close!!! Motivation to start more shopping!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have this date in my diary and I am going to start on the stocking fillers. So excited

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I won't have anything to wrap yet, but this will be a good time for me to go through my wrapping supplies and see what I need. I know I need tape for sure!!