Wrapping Parties- 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks, Annie! I'm going to inventory my wrapping supplies and gift closet this weekend!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Wow, this is going to be so helpful to me. I'm marking my calendar. I'm going to print out all the near gift wrapping ideas as well and start me a binder to keep in my gift closet. I love pretty wrapped gifts but lately I wait until the last minute so it's just been generic store bought ribbons, tags and bows. By doing it at our leisure we should be able to come up with some spectacular and appealing gifts.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
In ONE week, the Wrapping Parties of 2012 begin!!!!!!!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
First wrapping party of 2012 is tomorrow!!

Anyone have any wrapping to do yet?

Annie

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
I always wrap part of our stocking stuffers, so I have that and will put them in the tote with the stockings so easy to find later. Then will add to my master list in my purse, the items I need to supply my wrapping center. Probably will also inventory my Christmas Cards. I think I bought some on sale last year, but can't remember for sure.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I don't wrap.throughout the year b/c my storage options are limited and I use a lot of gift bags and such also.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Drats, I have to work. Will try to do some wrapping even if it is only 1 or 2 things. I have my granddaughters gifts I could wrap. Two is better than none.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I picked up another gift today.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Woot! Woot! Our first wrapping party is here! Crazy to believe!

Congrats to those that have stuff to wrap.

If you don't have anything, this is also a good day to inventory supplies or even pick out a color scheme of wrapping.

Our goal- To not wrap that week of Christmas.

An even bigger goal- No wrapping on Christmas Eve night!

Annie :)

P.S.- Mark your calendars for the next wrapping party- Saturday, October 6th.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
OK I rounded up all my wrapping stuff and organized it,
and I have a complete innovatory of all my gifts,
I just have one more panel on DGD#2's afghan to finish, then I can wrap it.
I should have that done tomorrow at the latest.
I ordered a pogo for DGS. on Amazon.
Will get 2 more next month and the month after.
Will start DGD#1"S Afghan this week.
I already have the yarn, and the boxes to wrap them in.
And I started making Tags yesterday.
And I have a design for my Christmas cards

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I picked up another gift so I have something to wrap for our next wrapping party. And now my wrapping paper is stored in the front of the storage area so it's easy to get to this next time. I think I need to see if there are any sales or coupons for scotch tape soon,

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Wow, I just realized about the wrapping party. I'll be ready in October. I saw some cute gift card holders @ Dollar Tree today and am going back for more after I register my girls for school. Thanks for coming up with ways to keep us on track.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I haven't started wrapping anything yet, although I do have several ornaments I made packaged up in tissue paper in their gift boxes just waiting to be wrapped.

Put those way up in the back of the top shelf of the gift closet to await their time! :)

I've been working on making gift tags using up my stash of paper, glitter, etc. Here is a link to what I have made so far:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/endless_hollydaze/7736572164/in/photostream

FYI - I have been seeing a coupon on coupons.com for Scotch Packing Tape - which with a sale might be a better deal than the generic brand. For those of us who ship gifts it is good to make sure we don't run out at the last minute.

Will be watching for Scotch Tape to go on sale as well. I like the kind with purple label - forget the type - but it seems to show up against the wrapping paper much less.

Looking forward to pulling it all together!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
AuntJamelle - I LOVE those gift tags!!! They will look beautiful on your packages, I'm sure.