2011 crafts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
How about making a list of what we plan for 2011?

I'm testing if I can add a picture here.

I want to make these santa hat centerpieces
http://icecreamandboys.blogspot.com/2009/12/santa-hat-tutorial.html

Last edited:

Snowey

Premiere Member
Oh Lucie,, I have so much to do,, to be finished and to be started. I really am going to work hard to get back into my painting , have not felt like it at all in the last 3 months since Mom died. Will get back onto it in 2011 for sure !!

Those centerpieces look so cute !!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie they are so darn cute. I might even give them a go.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm trying to get pictures to be added to posts than I'll make a list of the other crafts I want to do for 2011. You should all post yours too... it'll help with ideas! :)

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm going to make my brother's gf a menu board. She was disappointed that I hadn't made her one for Christmas.

I'm going to scrap a calendar for myself...hoping to hit Michael's on Monday for a kit or check online.

I'd like to finish knitting the baby blanket I'm working on for the new niece or nephew that is arriving in January.

That's all I can think of now...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I'd like to get a storage tub to put my crafts in as they're finished. As well as some storage bags to hold the smaller ones while we're working on them. I'd like to do some plastic canvas cup of tea or as some one said get some tea cups & attach the poem to it. I'd like also to work on some ornaments during the year. Maybe dishclothes too.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I think what I will do is put all sewing and craft projects together in one tote and take the projects starting with whatever is on top and do them start to finish. As I get each one done, I'll put them in a finished projects tote. Hopefully, that will get me going and I will get things completely done

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have about 5 baby blankets that are past due...

I need to finish DS's socks that were to have been ready for Hanukkah.

The I need to get started on things for 2011 - maybe mittens - I think I'm capable of that!

Debbie

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I've been teaching myself to crochet. So I'm thinking of making some dish towels and rags.

I'm also thinking of doing a calendar for the grandparents with pictures of the kids.

This is just a start, I know that I'll come up with more and when I do, I'll post it.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Oh, man....

I have my gift list for birthdays done for 2011. I don't know where to starts.... I have too many to get done for January. Guess I will just grab one and start working on it.

I still need to think of what to make for Christmas 2011. Yikes!! So far I am getting good reports on what I made for Christmas 2010.

Lots of embroidered towels, a few baby gifts (hats and booties)....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'd like to get a storage tub to put my crafts in as they're finished.

Walmart had red and also green storage bins on sale for 50% off in the Christmas section.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Dorene.. I love that idea of the totes with unfinished projects and then move them over when finished to a new tote.. Im going to try that too... I need to make my list for Birthdays and Christmas.. I will make my lists by month and add 1 Christmas project also each month...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Walmart had red and also green storage bins on sale for 50% off in the Christmas section.

I picked up a cute little red one there today. Ours weren't half price yet but it was only $3.97 loved the color:)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love the 'winter' blocks using the snowman as the "i" on the mantle too! TFS

I plan on:

• 4 crochet reading throws
  • 3 rag quilts (full size)
  • the winter block sign from Lucie's link :)
  • a block countdown for Christmas and Halloween
  • a block sign for Thanksgiving and Halloween

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I still don't have a list prepared of what I want to make. I got a Cricut Expression for Christmas from my husband so learning to use it is the first thing on my list. I've been looking at websites and it looks like there are great gifts to make with it by using vinyl. As soon as I get my house back together I am ready to get started! As I told my kids on Dec. 26, today starts Christmas 2011!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I've notice our WM is carrying Circut's I just don't have the $150 to put out for it...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am starting to gather ideas and materials to put away for the upcoming winter.
I will be knitting some christmas puddings, crocheting some rugs, beading some bracelets, and finishing up some unfinished projects. I saw on a blog some coasters made out of ceramic tiles and would like to give them a go.

Really wanting to make some more Christmas gifts for this year.