2011 crafts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Right now I vow to finish all my cross stitches that I've been meaning to do/finish.

I have them listed in the UFO challenge for tis year THEN I'm deciding what to make for Christmas gifts.

Tina

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughters learning to sew in indepedent art, now I've got the bug. I don't do clothes, mostly decor and crafts. We're going to redecorate her room this summer and she's decided to do the sewing portion herself.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have finally done a reasonable master list - but it is in excel and rather long so I think I will just try to get things done rather than post the entire thing here.

For starters though, I want to finish a few things already going:
DD's owl cushion/toy (just needs stuffing) DONE
5 crayon rolls (cut - need to pin and sew) 1 DONE
Lap blanket for DH's aunt (about 2 foot knitted, need another 6 feet)
2 tote bags (cut and pinned, one almost complete) 1 DONE
3 taggie blankets for babies (cut and pinned)
1 dollie blanket for a DNiece (cut and pinned)
Knitted angel tree decoration (body knit, just needs wings)
Blue Tree shaped knitted tree decoration (2 sides knit, just need to sew and stuff)
A handful of sewn tree decorations in various shapes (all cut - need to pin, sew and stuff)
About 4 hearts cut - to sew and stuff with lavendar
DD's sleeveless jumper for school (only just started this though)
Oh, and a back of a baby boy cardigan (but I have no idea what size I did it in, so I think I should just rip that back and start again as all the boys are too big anyway now)

I think that's a scary enough list in itself!!! And if I manage to complete all those this year and nothing else, I would be happy!

May not be much yet, but that's 3 UFO's no longer UF!!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Quite a list Wingedone! That must mean all is finished in your craft room and that you are up and running again :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am truely inspired by some of your lists. i am still thinking about what crafts I would like to do this year. I have already got quite a list and am adding to it on a daily basis. Really enjoying cross stitch at the moment and will be working on towel edges soon.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Here's a couple of my favorite looming links.

http://dishandwashclothmania.com/loom-knitting/
http://picasaweb.google.com/domedweller/KnittingProjects#

I'm looking for a washclothe pattern that can be done on the Knifty Knitter. I'd like to make some for Christmas and add a nice bar of soap with them...My mom's birthday is in Feb. might do her the washclothe or a scarf. The washclothe/soap would be better as she doesn't get out alot.

Becky that is quite the list you have there...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished large Santa cross stitch for my mum. Just have to frame it.
Am embroidering the kids names onto my mum Santa sack. When all the grand kids get together we get them to write their names on the sack in pencil and then I stitch over it.