Crafters Challenge June 12th~18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, with this week we will be getting into the middle of June.

I will be looking for boxes of all the same size to send out the CIJ swap ornaments in.

I would like to try some hair scrunchies to see if they look okay to do for the nieces and great niece for Christmas.

Also need to see if Jaymee wants me to make stockings for Christmas or not for their house or if they will get their own. It is on master list.

Ryan will go to work tom. on nights so thinking Jaymee will be over and see what she is and isn't taking from her room so I can really start moving this craft room around. I think I will take over some in there too. Will see. She might be going to get Ryans stuff all organized before starting with hers.

What are you all doing?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to finish at least 12 candy canes this week.... they are sewn.. just need to be stuffed and close the opening. I can do this while watching tv.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I will be working on the Stocking in the evenings (am not even about to try knitting with the 3 boys) and during the day I really need to work on the baby blanket (December 11th will be here before I know it).

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Have lots of things to get done today. I am working on the girls skirts which I just messed up one and needed to walk away from it for a few mins. They are no longer being made from the dyed curtains those are now in the garbage. They found something out of the tons of material that I bought yesterday. Kayla has a birthday party to go to today but is not feeling it so I think we are going to craft most of the day

First off that needs to be done is girls skirts and maybe tanks out of the same material

Once I get these done today I will post the rest of the list

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
A friend at work asked me to make her niece a purse for her Birthday out of Beatle ( the group, not the bug !) material.. so need to find some of that this week and start on that bag.. hopefully finish it.. the house is clean from all the party today.. and should stay clean enough thru the week, that I can sew in the evenings.. I also need to finish my fingerless gloves.. again , for me.. then pick out a new knitting project for Christmas.. if Summer stays this hot.. I will be in more.. and hopefully get some sewing done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A friend at work asked me to make her niece a purse for her Birthday out of Beatle ( the group, not the bug !) material..

I grew up listening to the Beatles but I think a purse made out of bug material would be groovy.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone! I can't wait to see the CIJ ornaments. I've been reading your progress and I want to see!!

I have a few projects that I'm working on. I am making more of the monogrammed ruffled socks this week. And during tv time I am sewing yo-yo's that will be put on headbands. I didn't get anything accomplished last week, I had out of town guests and didn't think I should to be hiding out in my craft room.

Have a great week!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got the girls skirts done today and also scrunies for them to wear in thier hair that day. Tomorrow after they get out of school I will make their tanks.

I also sewed on alot of different things today

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I got out my sewing pouches at the weekend and have 3 crayon rolls and a bunch of tree decorations in various shapes to sew together (and stuff the tree ones). So that is my main task for this week.

As I have a weekend "home alone", I may get onto the next lot, which will either be some little zippered pouches, tote bags or aprons. (All have to be done, I'm just going to do a batch of each and need to decide which batch will be first!).

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Wow! Crafting is really picking up!

I finished my UFO cotton afghan - except for weaving in the ends which is boring - and got a good start on a crochet baby blanket needed for October.

This week I plan to work on the baby blanket and hopefully on some socks I had started for DS. I'll work on scarves and fingerless gloves when DH and I are driving to our rally next week.

I also want to look at some photos for cards ideas and maybe some digital or regular scrapbooking.

Ambitious, aren't I?

Debbie

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana pictures are now on my blog along with Makayla's mirror that her and her best friend did yesturday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've managed to sew 12 red/black checked candy canes. I've started on some more with different fabrics.

Posted a pic on my blog.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lucie I think those are just too cute never thought of anything like that for the kids. Also I tried to comment but blogger doesn't like me to comment to often I love that wood armiore it would look great in my kitchen

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Kim. I'm trying to work on my other candy canes a bit tonight while watching tv.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I thought I'd jump in with my random post again and tell you I completed a Necklace Holder for my daughter. I used a large picture frame, so check it out on my blog if you're interested. I'm off work this week, so I'm hoping to get several projects done. I'll be back to let you know how I progress.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well I just got talked into making another poppet and probley a series of them. My 16yr old wants an animae charater made into a poppet. Complete with both outfits she wears. She showed me a picture tonight and I asked her if she had that much confidence in me to make it. Yes she does. I sure hope I can do it.

Since I completely crashed my computer tonight and had some great conversation with the kids while I was trying to fix it I don't think anything is going to get done, unless I cut some plastic canvas before going to sleep.