Crafters Challenge June 12th~18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Minnieco. Love it. We just picked up a frame at a sale on Saturday todo the same thing, just showed Makayla and we are going to hold out and go looking for a better frame.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Since it is cold and rainy her today I am declaring it a craft day for me. I am going to try and get a few things done. I just don't know what yet. So off to the sewing machine I go. I want todo something with this retro fabric I got that I just fell in love with and the good thing is its going to be for just me.

DD16 just came downstairs and asked what I was sawing. Oh nothing but you want to come grate some of these for me. Bet you don't know what I am doing???? Will post on my blog later tonight.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Kim, I see your lamp redo's...They are so much fun!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I added 2 of my lamp redo's to my blog as well Kim.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh my, can't wait for the favorite. These are beautiful.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Kim & Michelle your lamp redo's are lovely...

Kim looks like you had great luck with the yard sales. I love the skirt & scrunchy. It's great that you & DD craft together...Loved the mirror too it's beautiful

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Lucie, I couldn't log in to your blog for some reason, but I love that pot you used for flowers. And the other wooden piece is great as well.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Lucie great job on the candy canes. Great deal on the wooden armoire.

All you ladies are doing a great job.

Not doing any crafting at the moment, I have alot on my mind...

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Minnie you have another better than those two I love them both. I am still working on todays items, all rather small but one is taking for ever

Girls thank you both my girls love to craft so does my 13 yr old son. He has a great imagination his favorite thing todo is sew, started sewing by making repairs on his GI Joe's clothes

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ok new pictures of yesturdays stuff is up. I made 16 candles, a new chair cushion to use when sewing I would have loved them for my kitchen chairs but not enough material. Also two new pin cushions. Best part of it was they are all for me except a couple of the candles that my mom wants. I have to go and help my mom work on cleaning one of her rentals out today but when I get home I have a few more things planed to work on again all for me. I also would like to try and get the girls tanks done to get those out of the way. And the rest of the stuff for the lip sync they need. That plus take Maranda to auditions for the play they are doing next October. Uggh we are going to get back into that. I love it though

I also forgot that fathers day is on Sunday so kids need todo something for Grandpa

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay KimD, I give you credit for making those candles. That looks like a lot of hard work and not something I'm going to run out and do anytime soon... YOU ROCK!

Those materials are pretty cool. The colors are a definite POP! You got those done pretty quick that's for sure!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Kim I love candles but wouldn't have the patience to make them. Great job! I think it
s wonderful all your kids like to craft esp since boys usually don't show their creative side in crafting...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just finished posting my final lamp redo to my blog. I also included a few pictures of the bracelet hanger I made.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Minnie I love that lamp too. And the bracelet holder. You are inspiring me in the girls room make over that will be soon. They know what they want but we are going to hit more garage sales and thrift stores for the items to redo and repurpose to what they want and need. They want neon green and neon orange in their room and I think we are going to add a little brown to balance it all out.

Makayla and her friend Payton are outside spaypainting clay pots for teachers gifts. Paytons mom (one of my good friends) is drinking tonight and forgot that her 3yr olds last day of preschool is tomorrow and needed something for teachers gifts. Yes me to the rescue once again. I do want to get a couple of other things done tonight as well. I am getting dinner now since I got home at 5 then had to run Becki to get the stuff.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I think this is the 4th time I've done her room over the years. Once as a newborn, once at 5, once when she was 10 and now she's 16. We've made this one more grown up, so it can last her into college and such. She's makes fabulous fashion collages, so she wants to turn one entire wall into a collage of art that can change whenver she likes.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Michelle a collage of art wall sounds neat. Your DD is very creative.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow!

Debbie, Kim, Lucie and Michelle you guys are doing GREAT!!!!

Michelle, I really like the necklace holder, Lucie those candy canes are cute, Kim good job.

Debbie is always so busy too working away.