Crafters Challenge June 12th~18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Kim - the candyball thingy - incredible! your daughter did a great job!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Kim, I laugh because that fabric is crazy, but yet it works! That little needle thing is nice!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Michelle I think I love it because it is crazy, and yes it works.

Well my plans for this morning are shot. Makayla called me and said she forgot extra clothes for today. Since I had to take them to the school and forgot all about my poor Kenny not having extra clothes too but he was ok because they were going back outside to tye-dye there game shirts for the softball games anyways he would dry.

Going to try and get something done after I upload these pictures from game day today

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I have finished and delivered 40 pairs of the monogrammed socks. I am so glad to have that finished and off my table! Now, on to another project.....

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
The laptop died as I hit post last night - darn...

Kim, your makes are great - you've done LOADs recently!

I managed to make some of my candles yesterday too, as it happens. I was finishing off a red one, and made a lavedar one and a white one. I was using old ends of candles that would no longer burn, and remaking them into one IKEA glass holder and 2 pretty white cups I got in the charity shop for 10c each.

I got to the fabric store and got the thread and a zip that I wanted. And managed to pick up some lovely jingle bells to put onto tree ornaments I am making. And some Swarkosi (sp?) crystals to put as eyes on a bird.

And while I didn't actually get the sewing machine out (I ran out of time between school sports day, printing photos for a school event, and sorting out au pair problems), I did get the fabrics and projects sorted so all the bits needed are in ziploc bags together, and I have about 20 projects cut and mainly just needing sewing (and some stuffing). My quiet weekend is shot to pieces, but I'll have some time to myself to work on them.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Today I gotta get some things done. I told the girls we would make thier tanks tonight after school and hoping the rain holds out so they can tye-dye the material. Need to finish up the teacher gifts and stuff like that. Not to much but enough.

First I have to run Kayla's donuts to school and Kennys other stuff he needs for today.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I need to buckle down and STOP starting new projects until I finish ones I already have going!

Going right now I have:

Crocheted Baby Blanket
Crocheted Giant Afghan (will fit a queen to king sized bed when done)
Crocheted Afghan
Knitted Christmas Stocking x's 2
and yesterday I cast on:
Knitted Socks for myself (if Dsis doesn't steal them when I finish them)

I also bought a pattern last night for a Knitted Santa with Elf Helper to make for a neighbor as a Christmas present.

Today I plan on working on the socks until time to go babysit then I'll take the baby blanket with me to work on.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughter just got home from girls camp and brought home a fabulous project. It's based around our church, but can be converted into a project using any vintage looking photo. I think it's a great gift idea. Check out my blog for the link to the original sight. It's basically a photo on a wooden block.