February 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HURRAY FOR US! WE GET A BRAND NEW MONTH!!

This Declutter Club is tTHE BEST! Big jobs.... small jobs.... tiny little two-minute jobs..... it is ALL GOOD!

Today.... for me.... paperwork decluttering! Organizing! Financial musing...... the world is changing..... and we can adapt to new things..... one Baby Step at a time!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Woohoo a new month! I have news to share (well I shared it probably a year ago, but had to put it on hold)...we are definitely moving from CA to FL, and we would like to be out of here sometime in April. I have been working hard at getting things organized and put away, so that when the time come to start packing we'll be ahead of the game. Some of you may remember that I moved out here 2.5 years ago from NJ...well just about all of what I moved here with is still boxed and in the garage. Last summer I went through most of it and pared down some, so I can honestly say that what is in there I want to keep.

I have been getting things organized in the house, mostly paperwork....it's all in one place now and we each have a pile to go through. We'll need to file what has to be filed and hopefully some of it can be let go of. There are also drawers in the built-in in the livingroom that I want to go through again, and hopefully get rid of some things. I want to make it as easy as possible to pack up. I'm going to work on my papers this afternoon, and maybe Ken's tomorrow.

Ken also has clothes out in the garage that he brought with him when he moved out here and he has promised me we will go through them together. He has an issue with letting things go (lost a lot in his divorce and didn't come out here with much)...I get that, I really do, but if the clothes aren't in good shape they need to go. I'm hoping to maybe get to those on Friday.

So that's my story...again! Lots to do to prepare for this move...I'm stressing of course! It will all work out in the end, and I will be happy to be back on the East Coast!

Now...off to work on those papers!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great preparation Christmaslover - it'll be so much more simple for the actual move.

A new month! when I look at what was done in January I am really happy! alot got done a little at a time.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Well, I went through my file box, took out what I didn't need, now have a big pile to shred. I also was able to file some things that have been lying around, so I feel really good and accomplished!

I just looked through the pile in the living room and it's all Ken's, so I now feel like everything has been seen and taken care of. I hope for us to go through his stuff tomorrow!

Now off to shred! Yippee! I love getting rid of stuff!

OH, P.S. I have a GoodWill donation box that hopefully will be full enough to drop off either Friday or Monday!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Great preparation Christmaslover - it'll be so much more simple for the actual move.

A new month! when I look at what was done in January I am really happy! alot got done a little at a time.

Thanks Lucie!! I hope so! Great job getting lots accomplished in January!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Yay! Shredding is done! I'm done for the day! Now to start dinner...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thursday... February 2nd.

Christmaslvr... getting ready for the move back.... will be so exciting! It will be fun for us to read your posts! Please post often!
Luludou.... I am so happy that you are able to see your accomplishments from January! Let's keep on keepin' on.... through February,

I'm off to declutter for 15 minutes!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday... February 3rd!

Took a great big bag of donations to the Thrift Shop yesterday. While I was there.... I found some baby blankets for a friend who is expecting. They were EXCELLENT quality... soft, high quality flannel... bordered in wonderful, sturdy cotton lace. I got three blue and three pink. (We don't know what the baby's sex is.) They were $2 each... but it was a "Surprise Half=Price Day". So... $6 for six. They were probably $10 each... new.

To go with it... I got another high-quality item for the mom-to-be. It is a very high-thread-count cotton, white robe, bound with white satin, with very delicate pastel pink and pastel blue tulips... drifting artistically across the robe. Since the baby will be born in the summer... this super-pretty, super expensive (originally) robe.... Will be nice to wear at the hospital... when visitors come. I'll wash everything and press nicely... and wrap in lots of white tissue paper... and a highly decorated "Baby Gift Bag"... from the dollar store.

This mom-to-be has ZERO money. So I will keep my eyes open... for this kind of top-of-the-line gift.... from my favorite little boutique.... my darling, secret Thrift Shop!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday, February 4th. Yesterday, Friday, I went to the Dollar Store... while dh played golf!!!! So.... I brought things IN... instead of taking them OUT. Sigh.

Dh is inspired to declutter his office this weekend. Since he works at home.... his office fills rapidly with work projects. Hopefully.. when he starts decluttering.... I will be inspired to work in another room!!!! So far... my inspiration level is very low for decluttering!

How are you doing?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Sat. 4th,
I am working on paper, the 'to shred' pile is growing! How does this stuff pile up?!

We have a new addition today, a kitten. My older cat is not enjoying the idea!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HouseElf... kittens are so incredibly adorable! I know that you will have lots of fun with that one. (The older cat is probably jealous!)

It IS Super Bowl Sunday. So... I will do routines! AND... if any decluttering gets done today..... that is a BONUS!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered 4 binders I had downstairs, crafts, gardening, etc.... threw away 1.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Monday - Feb 6th.

Today I decluttered 1 big shelf in the basement + another door of the armoire in the basement. Threw out more tear-files I had kept, and got some more stuff to donate.

Funny, in the basement I keep getting a little out, a little out and it doesn't really show... guess all was very bunched up so that even if there are small spaces now empty it doesn't show for now. One day it will, gotta continue I guess.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Hi ladies... well over the weekend I tackled a job that had well .. gotten out of hand. We used to be on top of shredding mail on a weekly basis but then with kids in school and after school sporting activities we...I was lucky to get dinner done before bedtime. So that meant the to be shred pile got bigger but before we could tackle it we've got company so I tossed all the stuff to be shredded into a tote with the intentions of handling it soon. Nope tote was forgotten about until more company was coming over.. "quick toss the to be shredded stuff into that tote" and after many months of this, it's full. Well over this past weekend I decided I was going to get this job started, the tote is now half emtpy and DH will finish it this week for me since is home. So by the end of this week we will have an extra tote.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Sat. Feb 10

Goal this morning, flat surfaces in bed room. I tell you this to make me accountable. Let's see how soon I get back to you with the job completed. Ready begin....

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Hi Sparkle Nana, Luludu, Minta, Houself, & all who follow,

Today I joined all of you for the month to get things done. I cleaned out my office desk at home, sorted out lots of papers, even organized some Christmas Papers, mixed in. I gave the desk a good cleaning, inside and out. It feels so good now to be organized once again.The room is decorated for Valentine's Day, St. Pat's day, and even Easter, how's that for ya. Don't have to decorate for each one again. I even moved my mini Christmas tree, off the file cabinets, and put it by the window on the card table. I have it covered witha plastic bag, so it won't get dusty. Even started to take Inventory of the room, didn't finish it yet, but will. Just a good feeling to get something accomplished. Good luck to everyone!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Complete! I did night tables, dresser tops including jewelry boxes, floor and box with lesson plans and supplies for the Enrich Me program I teach after Kindergarten.

Anything that did not belong in the room was put into a laundry basket and put away later. The laundry basket is empty.

I have too many catchall areas in my house. I hope to clean them or even eliminate them. I will be looking the Declutter Club to keep me going. Baby steps sometimes turn into giant steps with the right motivation. :)