February 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mom will be leaving with LOTS of stuff I had decluttered in the last few weeks. can't wait for everything to be out of the house

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Great work. Need to declutter some more. Did toss and replace boys holey socks.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Decluterring my entire kitchen today. The rental office called and the cabinets are in. They will start redoing my kitchen tomorrow (squeeling). I'm so excited. I can't wait til it's finished.

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I cleaned all the kitchen cabinets yesterday and today. I have another box almost filled to donate. It's mostly kitchen things, but I am replacing most of the pans with ones that are better sizes and shapes for our needs. Keep plugging along everyone!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Looks like everyone is doing great! I talked my neighbor into having a yard sale last Saturday...I had way less than she did so I didn't make much money but it sure felt good to see it all go. I had a set of everyday dishes that didn't sell, plus a cookbook and maybe 2 other things left over. Those will all go to Goodwill now.

My husband's son is visiting from NJ, so I'm sure I'll have the house to myself for some periods of time...looking to tackle some drawers in the living room.

Since we are moving soon, I started packing also...not much, just here and there. So far my cookbooks and some ovenware are packed. Next I think will be my Mom's china...

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My kitchen: Completely decluttered

WP_000605.jpg

WP_000609.jpg

They even removed the wall dividing the kitchen from the dining room. Will make a nice flow from one room to the other.

And here are the new cabinets:

WP_000611.jpg

Can't wait for the final results. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy the new cabinets are much nicer and an open room is much better (in my opinion), it'll be so much brighter!!

No decluttering got done last week, but yesterday dh had to look into the recipes.. I think that'll be my next hot spot (with pinterest I don,t need to print them all now).

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Aggy,

I'm very happy for you.

You always decorate your place so beautifully for the fall and Christmas so I know this new kitchen will add to your ambiance!

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Aggy,

I'm very happy for you.

You always decorate your place so beautifully for the fall and Christmas so I know this new kitchen will add to your ambiance!

Annie

Thanks Annie, I already have ideas running through my mind. :)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks everyone! I am really excited about my new little kitchen.

Day 2: Boy they are moving fast.

WP_000612.jpg

All that's left to do is paint, put down the new floor, and install the new dishwasher. I should have a brand new kitchen by Friday. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Things are really moving along! Looks really nice with the new cabinets installed.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
DBIL, DSIL and DMIL just left this morning with the first load of stuff to go to Idaho. I put out three garbage cans of stuff from DMIL's sort and our sort. The garages are still packed but we're working on it.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well the kitchen is still not finished. :( But I was able to start putting things into the cabinets. :) As a result I found myself getting rid of more stuff. Now that I have a built-in microwave I am donating mine to the Salvation Army. I also have some small dishes, cups and knife set that I no longer want that I will donatel.

I had a small cabinet that I used in the kitchen to hold some of my appliances. Since everything fits nicely in the new cabinets, I am throwing the old one out. And because I have more cabinets I was able to get my crock pots out of the coat closet.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is absolutely WONDERFUL news, Aggy! (And you, my dear, absolutely positively deserve this wonderful treat!!!!!) It is a CASCADE.... of good things happening... getting rid of things... having more space..... to bring things into the kitchen.... from other parts of your home!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! AND... the new kitchen isn't even finished yet!!!!!!!! What a way to start off our 2012 Decluttering Year!!!!

Sierra_mtns... you. also, are doing great!!! BIG amounts of decluttering!!!!
Christmaslvr.... how is your decluttering/packing going?
Hi luludou, Annie, angelpugs and Lana!!!!!!!

Well.... February.... so far.... has NOT been a huge wave of decluttering....... for me..... sigh. There HAS been progress..... in NOT buying too much food.... some of which goes bad in the refrigerator. Keeping more space in the refrigerator.... amkes it so much easier to figure out.... what is actually IN there!

Also... progress in NOT just... "buying stuff". My recent trips to the Thrift Shop.... have been to just buy..... REALLY cute baby clothes.... for the friend who is having a baby this summer and has ZERO money. These items are SMALL... and take up hardly any room in their container.... AND... they WILL go out the door soon!!!!

This afternoon...., I'll work outside.... decluttering the back porch and the yard. It is a sunny, bright day.