February 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Aggy your kitchen is looking great. I know it must feel "freeing" to have space to put your things.

I hope to declutter the fridge later today. DGD leftover b-day cake needs to be threw out & get that big box out of there..

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Christmaslvr.... how is your decluttering/packing going?

Thanks for asking SN...It's coming along...DH's son has been here since last Sunday so I haven't been working on much. He goes home to NJ tomorrow evening.

SO Monday will bring a new wave of progress I hope! We really have to get the ball rolling on this move, lots to talk about, some phone calls to make for quotes and I'd like to really start packing things up that we aren't using.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Greaat work Aggy!

SN, I like you have decluttered much less in February... just have to keep thinking... baby steps.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
My February as well has been slow with my cleaning and decluttering, we have had two kids playing basketball all month. March will be a bit slower as we only will have baseball, lol. Hoping to get back on the cleaning wagon this week, I have my nephew, who is 1, 3 days a week, so that does slow my progress down a bit. Need to pull it together and motivate as it will be farm season before I know it and I won't be able to clean a thing!! Just loving this down time a I guess...glad everyone else are getting things done

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
In the last 3 days I have decluttered & thrown away hundreds & hundreds of recipes. Nobody will notice, but I will!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
In the last 3 days I have decluttered & thrown away hundreds & hundreds of recipes. Nobody will notice, but I will!

I think I will add this to my list of things to do before we move! I know I've gone through them before, but there are still tons and I haven't even touched them!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Luludou I did the same thing last month with my recipes. Boy can they pile up fast.

Today I removed the small storage cubes I had on the floor of my linen closet and tossed them in the trash. I was keeping all of my cleaning supplies in there. Earlier I went to Kmart and found a storage basket that slides out which I put in the kitchen sink cabinet. I was able to move my cleaning supplies from the linen closet and place them under the sink nice and neatly.

I am going to put one of those three drawer carts in the linen closet which will add more storage for my bed sheets, window curtains and shower curtains. I was supposed to have done this last year but never got around to it.

This kitchen remodel has me going through everything again and do more decluttering. And I thought I was really doing something before. lol

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I'm back from Disneyworld, and am ready to jump in with both feet! Today I'm finishing up filing two years of receipts, and then I have to spend at least one hour working on my sewing room. It would be so nice to be able to actually sew in it! I discovered at least 10 pairs of pants in the laundry room that need to have some minor work done on them,and they've been hanging there for at least 2 years -- some of them longer. I ironed several sets of napkins before I left. They had been living in the laundry room, too. How did I get to be such a slug?!

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
Like some of you, I haven't got a lot of decluttering done this month. I did just get another box out of the house for donating. It was mostly pans and kitchen stuff, but I replaced some of the pans with ones that were better sizes and shapes for us. I started Spring cleaning, but haven't found a lot to declutter so far. Maybe that's a good thing? I have one monitor in the basement to recycle like the calendar says, but I won't be able to bring it today. It's on my list to do soon though. Keep up the baby steps, at least it's something!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
2/29/12.

Well.... it has been A WEEK since I have posted to this Decluttering Thread! Progress has been slow.... uneven...... but... there has been SOME progress in February!

Last week..... Dh really cleaned out his closet... resulting in LOTS of donations to the thrift shop. It actually looks like a professional organizer has worked on his closet.

Well... progress IS progress..... At least.. we ARE on the path. The Decluttering Path.

tomorrow is a Brand New Month!

Will you do any decluttering today?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Others watching us declutter will catch the bug. Sometimes it takes a while but it's well worth the wait.

For some reason I've not found a much to declutter this month. I have a few items to take to the thrift store but it won't be today because we had an ice storm last night. I hear many people outside decluttering their driveways.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
It's been awhile since I've decluttered also. Today I am doing some packing (books, bakeware) but also on my list is "utensils". I brought lots with me when I moved here, but there still in boxes and DH had lots that we whittled down (didn't toss, but put them in a drawer since we weren't using). I'd like to go through that drawer today and see if we can let anything go, then pack what's left with my stuff.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have let go a little too... need to get back on the ball this weekend

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Others watching us declutter will catch the bug. Sometimes it takes a while but it's well worth the wait.

That is so true Ahorsesoul. It took me getting a new kitchen to get me to do some serious heavy duty decluttering.

Speaking of which. Here's my new kitchen (minus the dishwasher which will arrive next Wednesday)

WP_000639.jpg

Last edited:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Luludou.

When I got home yesterday, there was an envelope taped on my front door from the rental office. I'm getting all new carpet on Tuesday. Yipeee!!! So I will be doing more decluttering over the weekend. I need to take down anything that's breakable and move things like electronics into the kitchen or on the balcony.

As I type this, I am realizing that this is going to be quite a task. Wow! :rolleyes: