February Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
We have drawers in a built-in in our livingroom that I really need to go through...been on my list forEVER! LOL Actually one is good as I reorganized it into a stationary drawer last year. Most of it is DBF's so I'm not counting on being able to let go of much :/

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmaslvr..... you have a wonderful reward at the end of your 2011 Decluttering Journey... a move to the east coast.... where your beloved relatives, and old friends, live! Exciting times!

Today... my goal is for TWO 15-minute decluttering sessions in the kitchen. Right now... my goal is for 14 more kitchen decluttering sessions.

PLUS... as much other stuff as I can get Out The Door!!!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Christmaslvr..... you have a wonderful reward at the end of your 2011 Decluttering Journey... a move to the east coast.... where your beloved relatives, and old friends, live! Exciting times!

Thank You! I'm thrilled to be going back!

I'm definitely tackling those drawers today...15 mins at a time! Good luck decluttering your kitchen!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday afternoon. Quiet, gray, cold day. I did the two 15-minute decluttering sessions in the kitchen.

And now.... I have done two 15-minute decluttering sessions in our bedroom. I am trying to find something good to watch on TV to make the decluttering time go more quickly!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finally did my desk drawer yesterday. Everything just gets thrown in there when I am cleaning up and it was a mess. I put all the tax papers where they belong and got rid of a heap of broken pens and pencils. Looks a bit tidier now. I will have to write in my notebook that I DO NOT NEED PAPER CLIPS. I think I must of found 3 packets in there.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
My goal for February is to do 16 fifteen-minute decluttering sessions... in the kitchen.

While talking to a friend on the phone today... I did one. And while watching TV... I did another. That leaves 12 left to do this month!

I also have been decluttering paperwork in the bedroom.... but today I CAN'T find anything really good to watch on TV... while I sort and shred. However... I keep going back..... for 5 or 10 minutes more work.... at a time!!!!

I LOVE sacking those bags up by the front door.... to go out!!!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Feb. I chose craft room and laundry room cabinets but haven't started that yet. Awhile ago I did my 2 silverware drawers. I am working in my bedroom some today. I down to a pile of stuff that I don't know what to do with. Stuff to keep but put where?!?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My bedroom is done!!! So I am officially done with my January decluttering. Late but done never the less. Feels good to move trash out, and stuff to goodwill and another sack for sale or goodwill. The mini focus areas got done a couple weeks ago. I know I won't miss any of it.

Now on to the craft room and mini focus laundry room cabinets. Bring it on!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to spend 90 minutes doing the spare bedroom yesterday afternoon, which meant that the bed got cleared off, the pile for the charity shop got organised, and various things got thrown out.

I made the bed that's out (it's a "visitor bed", so the second bed is currently stored underneath out of the way).

I also sorted the top of the hotpress and got rid of the last of the builder's rubble from it. The towels that match the decor are now neatly folded and stored, and so are the sheets.

But the towels that DON'T match (burgundy mainly - keeping anything white, blue or green) are now in the charity shop pile as I have a large enough bundle to keep. And I also put a set of curtains there too (although I will keep those aside for a while in case SIL wants them).

I still need to tackle the wardrobe in that room though. And the basket of toiletries for guests. But progress is being made, and that is good!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK. It IS a gray, cloudy day in February.... with snow predicted for this week.

MHH HAS given us some tools... to help us continue working.... on days like this.

We have our "mini-goal for February". Mine is to do sixteen 15-minute decluttering sessions in the kitchen. IF I can do TWO today...... that will leave ten more to do in February.

This is ALSO... Move It Out Monday. I have "an incentive" for today. The physical therapist comes to our house tomorrow..... to work with me. SO.... I will start at the front door..... and "tidy-up" the house....... carrying a big black trash bag with me..... and trying to fill it with stuff that can be trashed!

This is NOT going to be an exciting day! HOWEVER.... today IS an opportunity to get some very solid work towards my 2011 Goals!!!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes...no matter the day we can still accomplish something and put a positive twist on it...Thanks for the reminder!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How are you doing?

This is a kind of.... "I'm hitting the wall today" day! VERY tired this afternoon. So.... I am going to have a goal of doing ONE fifteen-minute decluttering session in the kitchen today. If I succeed.... that will give me ELEVEN more 15-minute sessions for February! This shows that it really is good to set goals that are attainable!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I'm back from Disney World, where it was 80 degrees! I'm now looking out the window in TN and seeing snow! What a change! I left my room partially cleaned, so now it's back to the salt mines for February. If I get nothing done all year but this room, it will be worth it. I'm really going to stick to it until it's done, or until it kills me! Sometimes I look over my shoulder to see if the piles of fabric are sneaking up on me! ;-)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've been hitting the wall for a week or so. I've decluttered nothing, since I was gone and then not feeling well, but I did manage to get things picked up tonight. I'll start there!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yeah...I managed to declutter my desk crawer and nothing else...maybe it's the snowy weather which means extra work just keeping up with wet clothese, shoes, tracked in snow etc.

Or maybe it's playing nurse maid to hubby with the broken ankle....BUT I will get back at it....HAVE to get my hours in for this month.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
February 10th! Thursday! And... the beat goes on!

My extremely reasonable February goal is to do 16 fifteen-minute decluttering sessions in the kitchen. I have now completed five of them..... so there are 11 left to do in February!!!!!

My "ongoing forever, it seems" Room Of The Month.... is the guest room/office. Today and tomorrow.... I will do at least ONE 15-minute decluttering session in there.... each day.

Plus.... normal stuff today.

How are you doing? Remember.... we are in this club TOGETHER!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I spent some time decluttering papers for ING bank last night & putting my accounts uptodate.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
ONE 15-minute decluttering session in the kitchen.... is done.

Quite a few 15-minute sessions working ofn paper.... have been done.

Also... general picking up and cleaning.

It is VERY icy here today. It is supposed to BEGIN warming up a bit this weekend......

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday, February 11th! Our 2011 Decluttering Club goes on!!!!!!

Today.... I will be working in our bedroom. Later -- perhaps -- some work in the office/guest room.

Lots and lots of routines have been done this week. LOTS of maintenance! Lots of "House Blessing". THAT stuff is all good.... even if it is not very dramatic! Oh... I DO LOVE dramatically good results!