February Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have not started in the kitchen... But I have been redoing my coupons. I am going from a file system to a notebook so that is my sorting fo decluttering right now. Hopefully I can get my house back in order by this wknd and can get into the kitchen.

Good job SN keep it up ladies.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
So far I've only managed to declutter 2 kitchen cabinets and one drawer! I need to pick up the pace! ;)

Great work everyone!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS took out a full recycling bin of old school papers :) and on it goes...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The afternoon of Friday, February 11th. I have filled another paper grocery bag of papers to recycle (shredding done where necessary). I have a black trash bag ready for the trash can. Some boles for recycling, too.

Now.... on to another batch of papers to look through. Most of the house looks pretty good. (I'm NOT including the office/guest room.)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Went through some unopened mail and was able to toss most of it! And I've been keeping up with the shredding...doing it about once a week now instead of once ever 3 or 4 months! I still need to pick a drawer in the living room and go through it...maybe I'll do it now while Ken is at the Dr's, (most of what's in there is his) and then he can give me a yay or nay when he comes home! I find it easier to sort through his things and he tells me what stays and what goes...if I wait for him to do it...it will never get done!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH put some hockey stuff in a bag to give away + 1 pair of soccer shoes :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It is nice to see how once someone in the house starts to declutter it spreads to the others.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think we are doing an amazing job. You really do look at things with fresh eyes.
I have just thrown out some old shopping bags, pool toys and bits and pieces from the cupboard on our back deck. (also known as the dumping ground).

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You are right. It does catch on at times. Now if I can get the time myself to do something! February is always crazy in our house. We have so many birthdays and things always going on. The calendar usually ends up looking like December! And why do I always forget that till February???

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good Morning.. February 12th here. I looked at the Countdown to Christmas..... that Gingerbug maintains on the home page for MHH. It said..... 315 Days To Christmas 2011! That means.... that we have survived FIFTY days since Christmas 2010! We have stuck together during these difficult times.... and we are inching our way along the path to a peaceful Christmas 2011..... Baby Step by Baby Step.

The progress IS slow.... but we haven't given up..... and I think that this is our Best Year Ever at MHH! Not because the progress has been so rapid..... but because these really are difficult times..... and the progress HAS continued! We have become mature enough to know that things are definitely NOT going to be perfect! Not on the Path.... and not for the actual celebration either! We read about Christmas changing... different in many ways from the year before.... for our MHH Family. We know that when we fall off the Path.... that others will be waiting, here, to pull us back up, when we are ready!

So..... we have the WHOLE YEAR for our 2011 Declutter Club. We have 315 days remaining. Lots and lots of time for Baby Steps. And.... perhaps.... for huge rushes of accomplishment! 315 Days is a long time!

Dh and I went out for coffee and the newspapers. So wonderful to read about the joyful celebration of steps toward freedom... by the Egyptian people. AND.... did you see how many Egyptians are willing to take the difficult, painstaking steps necessary to set up democratic policies for their country. AND.... how did they begin today? By taking rakes and brooms and trash bags to "Freedom Square"... to clean up the debris from 18 days of peaceful revolution! THEY are getting ready for a new life... by CLEANING and DECLUTTERING! (And... is it too retro of me to celebrate that this clean-up effort is being embraced by so many men?)

So... the Egyptians are starting the process of a new, better life.... by cleaning and decluttering. And by...... thinking...... and talking carefully...... and reading..... and changing old habits.

Shall we join them?

They hope to have the framework for a democratic country.... for elections.... ready by September? An incredible change! And... with only their dreams and their energy to make it happen. What can WE hope to have in place by September?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today cleard alot of pens & pencils for Ds's room and lots of other small trash too. More to do but he'll have to do the rest - don't know what he wants to keep.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
SN wonderful post. I am very proud of how we as a group are tackling things in our lives that are not great. We notice that we have a problem with clutter and as a group we get onto it. It is also true that it does not all need to be done today, this week or even this month. As long as progress is made.
We are only in February, 315 day is a long time.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered & organized gift bags... Threw out all sorts of odds & ends.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There are TEN more 15-minute kitchen decluttering sessions left for February. Sigh.

So... I am going to do ONE now.

The rest of today has been maintenance, reading, playing on the computer.... and walking (outside and inside) to build strength & endurance.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Whew been working on the basement again...

5 Bags of trash (in the dumster!) :)

3 bags for goodwill....already dropped them off! :)

I know that sounds like a lot but there is still MUCH to do...it's like 25 years of acculumation (oh I pitched a few things through the years but obviously...not much...EEK)

The family room area looks pretty good...but it has never been terrribly cluttered ....laundry room...worked through a couple baskets of clothes...lots more to go...can't even tell it yet....

Christmas stuff organized and stored...looks so much better :)

There's one key area that is next on my list in the basement because I think there's is stuff in that pile that can be pitched or donated rather than having to find a storage spot....on ward.....DECLUTTER BUGS!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Way to go, Ginger!

Woohoo, I finally got through one of our drawers! I managed to either toss or re-direct some things and have a tiny pile for Ken to go through at some point...I'm hoping it can all go! ;)

...on to the next drawer!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Went throught the younger DSs clothes and pitched some ripped/stained stuff on Friday. Today I did te spice and sprinkle cabinet and condensed a lot of stuff. Have more room now. Also went through a catch all basket tossing trash from there as well. Little by little we will all get there.