Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DB chose a Lego City Apartment

Reactions: halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did they recommend anything fun? I'm looking for something for Vic and Sophia for Christmas. If they work on a project together, they won't fight! ;)
My brother showed me the Eiffel Tower. 10.000 pieces and cost about $1000. Needless to say Santa will not be putting it under the tree.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
My brother showed me the Eiffel Tower. 10.000 pieces and cost about $1000. Needless to say Santa will not be putting it under the tree.
I was looking at the same thing for DS and DDIL but they said no. It's about $7000 here

• Wow
Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I didn’t realize that legos could get that expensive. That qualifies them as big boy toys!
My son is really into hot sauce and likes to cook. So I’ve decided to get him hot sauce making supplies. So far Ive ordered a few hot sauce books and bottles. Once the new crop of hot peppers are available I’ll order dry peppers. Have a few more supplies on my list for him.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A few more stocking fillers today. Breath mints, Gatorade and I got some jars of whole garlic cloves in brine. I had not seen them before and these will be good for in DB and DSIL stockings as they both like to cook.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got some tea in a fancy canister that I ordered from the Met for DS and DDIL.

I have NOTHING for DH! I will have to start checking the underwear sales at JCP;)

• Haha
Reactions: luludou

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was able to buy some books on a site I found WOB.com. It's probably been around awhile, but I was able to mark some books off my list that I know my daughter wanted and my grandaughter. You can get them in VERY good condition or Good condition. All of mine looked good, with no writing. Going second hand on some of those is such an affordable way to get books these days.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I always admire all of you for buying ahead. I'm not so good at it. My people don't start thinking about Christmas ahead of time, so I never have ideas from them of what they want. I have picked up a few items along the way. I put some books in my Amazon cart today. We all love how-to books...we're nerds!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We have a lot of fall birthdays. So when trying to figure out what to get for birthdays I think about what to get for Christmas. Birthdays are done except for dgd(9) want me to take her shopping for her gift. So will do that a little early for her birthday since she will be here in a couple of weeks and her birthday is 8/29.

Reactions: farmerswife

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I was able to buy some books on a site I found WOB.com. It's probably been around awhile, but I was able to mark some books off my list that I know my daughter wanted and my grandaughter. You can get them in VERY good condition or Good condition. All of mine looked good, with no writing. Going second hand on some of those is such an affordable way to get books these days.
I’m into second hand books for gifts too. Have my favorite thrift shop and used book store I shop at. Some books have never been cracked open.
Talked to my husband about a few more gifts ideas for him. He said he already gave me a lengthly list- didn’t need or want anything else- so does that mean I’m done shopping for him? There’s one more item on that list I need to order and I found a ar15 Christmas ornament on Etsy. Ill take care of that tonight and consider him done.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DS and DDIL gave me a suggestion of what to get them. Wahoo!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and DDIL gave me a suggestion of what to get them. Wahoo!
Always a plus when they can give you some ideas.
I asked DH yesterday to start thinking of what he may like so that I can get that before too much longer.

Reactions: halimer

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I just pulled out my "gift closet" boxes and went through everything. They are all items I purchased at the day after Christmas sales last year. I'd forgotten how much I picked up - I remember TJ Maxx was my best haul!

The treasures I rediscovered include kitchen towel sets, oven mitts, baking sheet sets, spoon rests, Santa salt and pepper shakers, dogs toys galore, French and Italian soaps, cosmetics and Philosophy body washes

I also recently purchased a small metal sign for one of my closest friends - I think she is going to LOVE it! It says "A woman cannot survive on wine alone....she also needs giraffes" :D

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
The treasures I rediscovered include kitchen towel sets, oven mitts, baking sheet sets, spoon rests, Santa salt and pepper shakers, dogs toys galore, French and Italian soaps, cosmetics and Philosophy body washes
You really did well!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wow! What a haul!!!
Framing some photos for my husband (yes, another gift, lol). Got a frame, not sure it’s the look I’m going for. Will look a little more before I actually do the framing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, love that sign.

As part of my CIJ projects I pulled out all the boxes in the GC and double checked stocking fillers and gifts. I am doing well on the stocking fillers but need a few more gift ideas for everyone.