Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Last week we drove thru part of the States on our way to the camp grounds making a stop at Bronner’s and the little shops in the area.
We picked up the ornaments for the grandchildren and a light up well, hay bails and a pumpkin for DGS halloween village (birthday gift)
We also when to the cherry republic store and grabbed a couple jars of cherry salsa and cherry ketchup. The one jar of salsa will go into the gift basket for in-laws. Other jar and ketchup is for us.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose, sounds like some great finds. I love the sound of the cherry salsa.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Target has some games on clearance up to 50% off and found a board game for a family an extended family member. Found a couple puzzle books for our DD.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rose, I love bronners! Frankenmuth was always a fun place to spend a few days.

Bath and body works has 40% off today. I got tons of the pocket sanitizers. Some for my son and for others on my gift list, the rest for us, we are totally out. Sons shampoo was on sale at the grocery store so finished with that. And a few movies from dollar tree for my husband.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Grocery shopping this week. Have anchovies on the list for DSIL stocking. He loves them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DMIL's digital picture frame came today and I gave it to DSIL who was visiting, to take back to her.

At 94 years of age it's probably foolish to wait until Hanukkah to gift it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Half way through the year. As part of CIJ I will empty the GC and see where am at. I think I am doing OK with stocking fillers, not sure on the gifts. I like to check now so I can either slow down or get moving.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Bought a Little Tyke toy for DGS#3 and string lights for DD26.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So I didn't buy anything, but I helped my brother purchase half his Christmas gifts on Amazon Prime Day this past week. This will avoid the stress I have trying to get him to get his gift purchased and wrapped so I can get them out to my daughter and grandaughter on time. Someone gave him some gift cards and when I suggested he use them for early Christmas shopping he agreed. After we were done and they started arriving he said "wow, this feels really good to get this out of the way"...I'm like YES IT DOES!!!!! hahaha Let me add, yes he's an adult, but he lives in my home and I'm his primary caregiver and ANTI PROCRASTINATOR COACH. ;)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
From Prime Day:

- a sketch pad for DDIL
- an air fryer cheat sheet for DS
- digital picture frame for DMIL which I already gave to DSIL to take to her and set up in the nursing home

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just bought DB a Lego kit and DD a Mr Potato Head. Toys for the adults in my life.
Also placed an order for some soda stream syrups for gifts and to use over the Summer. Got DSIL a trio of "classic American flavours" A cherry cola, a root beer and a Dr Peter flavour. I hope he likes them.

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to the Lego store in the mall

Lego: Who are you shopping for?
Me: My son.
Lego: Oh, how old is he?
Me: 42.
My DB is 42 as well.

Reactions: halimer

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
My DB is 42 as well.
Did they recommend anything fun? I'm looking for something for Vic and Sophia for Christmas. If they work on a project together, they won't fight! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Did they recommend anything fun? I'm looking for something for Vic and Sophia for Christmas. If they work on a project together, they won't fight! ;)
They had a lot of Star Wars stuff, a piano and an Atari machine - lots of cars too.

Reactions: PamelaG