January 2011 Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hi everyone! How was your Christmas? What worked really well? What would you like to do differently? January's Rudolph Day is all about the Christmas notebook so whether you are updating yours for 2011 or recording your debriefing notes, it's a great time to do something with the notebook.

Rudolph day falls on Tuesday this month so I'll probably celebrate the weekend before. I will be doing a debrief as there are lots of ideas that I have for next year and I want to get those down now while they are fresh in my mind.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I also want to debrief, make a list of 2011 crafts I want to make & make a list of futur Rudy days. Get prepared!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'm pretty much debriefed...actually it's my first time with that....I usually close the book on the holidays and don't look back! lol

I'll definitely be working on my notebook on the 25th, and we decided that we are going to start our Christmas cards, just do maybe 5 each month. I'll be wearing Christmas socks and drinking hot chocolate for sure...oh that reminds me...I want to start a Rudolph Day tote of some sort...hmmmm....will have to figure out what to use....OH just remembered we went to Disneyland the week before Christmas and I bought a Christmas Mickey tote bag!! That will be my tote for this year!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm going to print new gift list and stocking stuffer list and elf gift list....that way as I pcik up things through out the year...onton the list they go... :)

I am also going to go through cards and update any addresses on my list

I'm going to put the old party planner sheets in the "notes section" and perhaps place new sheets there too

Baking List (again...into notes except for one recipe that we didn't really like)
and I'll put new planner sheets in....that way if I find a "keeper" during the year I can jot it down for use at Christmas

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I'm totally doing Rudy Days this year! I really flaked on Christmas this year and am determined not to repeat the mistakes.

I think a January debrief will be the perfect way to set myself on a path for a great holiday in 2011.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've got my debriefing type stuff pretty much done as well...for Jan Rudy Day my goal is to spend time on some sort of craft.

Probably making some gift tags. I wasn't able to find the cute, 3-D type gift tags this year - either before or after Christmas. In fact the select of gift tags, period, wasn't that great IMHO.

Soooo...I will make up some. Have to remind myself to keep it simple. No need to go all ornate and involved on something that may get torn or trampled. :)

But I have lots of supplies languishing in my craft room and gift tags are an easy project that can be jumped into without alot of prep.

I have some stamps that say To: and From:

I also have old Christmas cards I could cut up and matt on cardstock, etc.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Great idea AuntJamelle, to make gift tags! Ibought mine the dollar store, so they didn't cost much, but I love using Christmas cards as tags...I think I will join you on this!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
AuntJamelle- I am never sure what to do w/ the cards after Christmas and I don't like to toss/recycle them either so I use mine for tags when I can. I think I need to think a little smaller as well. Does't have to be the whole card maybe just cut out a smaller part of the whole picture.

My notebook can use some debriefing so I will prob do that this rudy day and start to think about cards and crafts I would like to sart earlier this year.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I bought Christmas stickers at Michael's yesterday (all are 50% off) and I can't wait to use them to mark Rudolph Days in my notebook! It's the little things, isn't it? ;)

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jinglemom....I have used my Christmas cards as gift tags for years. Often the cards are too pretty to throw out. I really like the ornament balls though. TFS

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
OH just remembered we went to Disneyland the week before Christmas and I bought a Christmas Mickey tote bag!! That will be my tote for this year!!

Great idea!!

:snowball:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
jampss. that is cute. TFS

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I want to make gift tags this year as well so I might work on that a bit for Rudy Day. Doesn't it seem like we have so much time to get all the fun things as well as the necessary things done for Christmas? But we all know before long it will be fall and we'll all be wondering where the winter, spring and summer went so the more we accomplish now the more fun we can have then!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I agree Kim, the time goes by very quickly. I will try and make my gift tags too, but I am going to also remember that it is not the end of the world if I don't. If worse comes to worse I use store bought tags. I am not going to put pressure on myself this year and get upset if my magical to do list does not get done.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I will try and make my gift tags too,
So, do you have a "way" you make tags? A shape? Or do you just cute around the characters on the Christmas cards?

:elf:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
jampss-I sometimes use the whole card as decoration and a tag but I think this time I am going to be open to cutting out pictures from the card so it's smaller.

jinglemom and jampss-great craft ideas I bookmarked both

Last edited: